what i've noticed so far about middle school/high school

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonedwolf

Reaction score
i now know how stupid it is to be popular in middle/ high school. In elementary they always teach us be yourself when really that never worked. Instead you have to be an exact clone of the most popular person. For example to be not made fun of you have to play football own an xbox 360 have a girlfriend/boyfriend for the 1000th time. So these people become clones because they are afraid of their own insecurities. I know from personal experience. Though I got tired of it. I wanted to do the things I loved not what the most popular kid loved. Its no fun being a clone because you never get to express yourself.

As an old person, I agree with you. High school was not too long ago, and it is exactly like you said...and it is easy to get sucked into everything. When high school is over those popular people arent in your life anymore and everyone matures. The people that are bullies in high school are often ebarassed later in life because of how silly they acted. it seems like you are maturing, and that is good.

Find a few good people and hang on to them, you will need them later. Try to develop your own interests, and stay away from fads. And try not to take what people say to you too seriously, because your own opinions about yourself are the only ones that matter. And try to have fun. good luck.

"Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you're both engaged in the same buisness-- you know they're doing something that you aren't." - Malcolm X (Page: 21)

Latest posts

Back