Invisible on Gchat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
I am invisible on Gchat most of the time because it gives me a reason that no one is talking to me that isn't totally pathetic. I'd rather not be talked to at all after never having taken the chance than not be talked to at all after putting myself out there.

It's a pretty good exemplification of my general attitude toward relationships. I don't reach out to people because a) I don't want to feel the pain of being ignored or rejected and b) I don't honestly think anyone would want me to reach out to them.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess I'm rather loose-tongued at the moment.

Awww, ((Futurecatlady)) I think it's good to be loose-tongued. Then again, I'm a chatter-box who lives a loose-tongued life. I have issues in chat because I'm only really good at comminicating with folks, conversationally, on a one-on-one level. I've only been in our chat here twice and everyone was very warm and talked to me. I am certain they'd do the same with you. That's my problem, I get so caught up in talking to one person and then I get way behind on what others are saying...Then I get stressed, because I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them...It's a conundrum.

I can honestly say that I'd LOVE to talk to you. I enjoy all of your posts and think you sound like a very sweet person. I'm sure that most of the folks in here would feel the same.

If we ever work up our courage and find each other in chat, I'd jump on the chance to swap some words with you. You just have to have patience with my taking too long to answer... because as you can see... I talk too MUCH!! :D :)

J_S_D--
I loved your response to this post. You can be so funny, hold such strong convictions or just run so darn deep....You're OK in my book... :)

I understand what you mean. Sometimes I'd just rather not be bothered at all.

But on the flip side, if you don't put yourself out there, how could anyone possibly know you are there? It's almost like pulling a blanket over yourself, and then wondering why you're becoming warmer. I know that sometimes the rejection is just too much to handle, but at least if you put yourself out there, you can never say that you didn't try. I would rather try my hardest than to know or think I didn't try hard enough.

VanillaCreme said:
anyone possibly know you are there? It's almost like pulling a blanket over yourself, and then wondering why you're becoming warmer.

mmmmmmmmmmm warm blankets. :p

Actually, I keep myself on "Away" status on Gmail chat because I don't want people to know just how much of my time I spend on the Internet. If I'm "away," I could just have my computer on and presumably doing something more productive. :p

Latest posts

Back