I have no purpose

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suicidalbunnie

Reaction score
hey

my names Danielle, im 27 years old and im not sure this is going to help me but we will see. I am suffering from severe loneliness, not that i am alone, but i am lonely, im surrounded by people and even when im with them i feel lonely. Mostly i am lonely because i have been single for 3 years now, I have no idea why as all my personal problems do not show ( ive become an expert at hiding whats happened to me in my life) recently i revealed ive had depression for 11 years to my best friends, they didnt suspect a thing or even have an incling that anything was wrong but obviously now they know. all in all i feel i have no purpose, no one to love me or love, no one really needs my friendship and no one seems to really want it. Ive tried to meet guy but i just end up getting hurt. I am so insanely lonely i feel like im falling apart, my heart aches (i know that sounds drastic and dramatic but it really does :s) i sit for hours crying as im so lonely. I dont know how to stop feeling this way. anybody have any tips???

thank you. Danielle :) xx

not such a bad thing (having no purpose), perhaps you will meet someone who has no purpose as well? that might help? god i hope it will. i'm heartbroken and sorry for your troubles

i am the kind of person who needs to feel like i have a purpose or i just feel like ive expired :( but thank you

*HUG*

Welcome to the site, Danielle. :D

I think the first step to heading in the right direction is finding ways to connect with other people... and you're already doing that by coming here. ^_^ So welcome, and feel free to talk to any of us here!

I'm in the same boat, but I've learned how to cope with it. (a little)
You just gotta love yourself, who you are, and what you're all about. Things will fall into place. You still have the rest of your life, just have patience. I've learned that you can't just sit and dwell on the loneliness, you just gotta look past it. It's not so bad being alone for a little while. You can find out who you really are...

Keep your chin up
:)

I feel like I have no purpose as well, and life is ultimately pointless. We're all just doing meaningless stuff trying to run out the clock until we die. For me, the best thing is to just not think about it.

Danielle, you do have purpose, everyone does. I promise you we werent meant here to be miserable (even though that's what it seems like.) I think a good way to not be lonely is to get out there and either 1, Volunteer (Soup kitchen, humane society, nursing home.) Helping people/animals/community opens a big gate for people to get to know you and love you :) PLUS, you'll feel good helping others, too. Or 2. Join something. Book club, exercise program, knitting, dace classes, something youre remotely interested in to meet new people and get your mind involved on other things.
Ill be praying for you :)

Of COURSE you have a purpose. Everyone does.

I agree with discolemonade (awesome name ^^^), there are endless things you can do.

Maybe start with reading a book?

Books are cool.

hey ppl thanx for your replies, I am taking it all in but atm i feel unable to do alot of things, finding it inside myself to even get dressed is hard at the mo, ive been out twice this week with no makeup on just cos i cant be bothered. I feel suicidal, though i know its not the answer and wouldnt do anything as i have way too much responsibility to do that but that is how i feel. I feel like i just wanna fade away and it wont matter cos no one will notice.

thank you for your replies tho. its kind of you all *hug* xx

if youre feeling suicidal, you need to tell someone, your parents, school consuler, someone. It's not taken lightly and you sound really depressed ):

Hiya Danielle. I'm presuming you're on meds for your depression, yes? If they're not working, maybe make an appointment with your doc and see about maybe trying some other medication. You may need a counsellor/therapist, if you don't have one already.

One little tip that might help: I hit a massive low recently - God, nightmarish; my doc suspected a breakdown at one point, but thankfully that hasn't turned out to be the case - and have found that meditation is a really good way of finding some moments of calm and peace. Relaxation exercises help too. There's plenty of resources on the web, if you want to find out more.

Anyway, take care.

Latest posts

Back