Lonely, unhappy, depressed. On the verge of giving up completely.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timzor

Reaction score
I'm so tired of living.
I don't connect with anyone.
I don't have anyone I can call a friend.
I can't remember the last time I was happy.

Maybe life isn't worth living through all the bad bits.
I'm running on empty and there's no one around to help me get back up.
I just want to lie down and never wake up again...

Same.

Just gotta keep going . . hope that life will get better :(.

It sure as hell can't get any worse.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel – I've been there few times myself. All I can do here is tell you that it doesn't last forever. Maybe you need to take few days just for you, and think things over – try to remember everything that happend to put you in the place you are in right now. That's what I did. I just sat in my room and repeated everything in my head. I was hurt and angry and i cried a lot, but in the end I realised something. All the bads of my life made me the person I am today. With time, I learned to accept them as something that couldn't be changed or erased and that bad things are part of me, wheather I like it or not. I stopped blaming everyone and everything for that and decided not to give up. It all comes to this: when you feel like the world is against you, you can be sad and hurt, but you need to get up after that. And once you do that, it gets better.
If there's noone to help you right now, then help yourself – in the end, you are the only one who can do that miracle for you. Friends are great to have, but all they can really do is support you on your way, the real improvement must come from you and you are the one who needs to take that road. Once you realise that, people will come. They will not do all the work for you, but they will be there to make it easier. You can connect with others only if you accept and make peace with yourself first. It's important that YOU don't give up on yourself and then the others will be able to help you. That's my experience at least. I wish you to be strong and brave enough to face the world and happy times will come to you, I'm sure.

I'll be ALL your friends.

I feel like that, on and off and on and off, and sometimes on for like, four days...

I guess that's bi-polar, haha.

There must be SOME things that make you happy, timzor??

Cereal, sunshine, warm socks, hot showers, dinners, happy dogs??

Little things? :)

I don't even know what makes me happy anymore >.<
There are only things that make me stop thinking about everything else and that dosen't help resolve the issues, playing video games used to be a distraction from reality but now I don't even enjoy them anymore.

It makes me sad to see my seconds ticking away, how I'm knocked down at a crucial point in my life and watch as everyone is moving forward and my life, motivation, time is going down the drain.

me too. 46 years of loneliness. i've tried, tried, tried.
what gets me is that people are often in denial for their reasons for rejecting others.
i'd rather people just be honest, like "I don't date fat women." instead of trying to blame me. "well, there's something about you..." that they can't define.

timzor said:
I'm so tired of living.
I don't connect with anyone.
I don't have anyone I can call a friend.
I can't remember the last time I was happy.

Maybe life isn't worth living through all the bad bits.
I'm running on empty and there's no one around to help me get back up.
I just want to lie down and never wake up again...

[youtube]gAFbYTvXXyY[/youtube]

My best friend is my mother :D, I have very few friends who do not know if i can call friends. But I smile and people smile me back. You should try to smile more often.

I've felt like that sometimes. What helps me is to write down everything Im feeling and then read it out loud.

I sometimes feel lost...like things cant get any better. You need to start small and find the little things that make you smile. If you cant find those things right away you have to look for them. I know that is how I get through the day. Please don't give up though. It is people like you out there that help people like me feel like I am not alone.
Remember that you are not alone. You have everyone here.

Me too, since I was 12 yrs old,there has always been the idea of commiting suicide.Till now I couldnt, as I dont know very well what would happen in the world to come and my mother will be absolutely upset if I do it.I am scared of death but i am so bored of living on the earth too.

"It makes me sad to see my seconds ticking away, how I'm knocked down at a crucial point in my life and watch as everyone is moving forward and my life, motivation, time is going down the drain."

Sums up how i feel about my life n all. But you just have to carry on, if you can help it try not to compare yourself too much to others lives as well. Gradual steps, things change - if you can notice beauty innature that helps too. I've been given endless chances by others and continualy fresia up in humiliating ways despite trying my heart out - to the point where they've given up on me. But the world is beautiful - sunlight on water and stuff like that is really better than a nothing you can't even imagine.
Lots of people hit rock bottom and stay there for years then a few random events + a lot of trying give them some momentum and suddenly a life that's genuinely happy is all yours.
Don't give up.

I feel the same ....but ( i know its a cliche , but its true) something may happen tomorrow to change everything. Even though i am down , i firmly believe that.
I have booked my first holiday in 8 years .......Nepal in Feb , so i have something to take my mind of the tedium. I will have to book another one when i return becaus e i would be totally lost without this to look forward to.

Anyway....tomorrow

That's a wise bit of advice for anyone who feels today is too difficult...focus on just one small thing you can do to improve tomorrow and then each day try to progressiely plan bigger and better events for the next day...It can help. I'm wishing a bit of joy for each of you today... :)

Yeah holidays are ace!
Fookin jealous. Travel (alone always like) cheers me up. Can build a purpose for living just on travel for sure. Nepal will be ace.loads of prayer flags, high mountains, daal and stuff. Have a good time Mr. Shankly. Might even meet ome people, I'm well socially anxious but got a few nights of friendly company from travelling.

.. brokenspirit does it help a little that there are tons of people on here that do connect and recognise your situation?
What kind of stuff are you into? I like punk and going for walks and gaming and stuff. People on here can help you get back up a bit maybe?

I feel the same. its become worst since losing my job. Sometimes I wish there was a opt in program like witness protection so I could get a new life and start over.

bens said:
Yeah holidays are ace!
Fookin jealous. Travel (alone always like) cheers me up. Can build a purpose for living just on travel for sure. Nepal will be ace.loads of prayer flags, high mountains, daal and stuff. Have a good time Mr. Shankly. Might even meet ome people, I'm well socially anxious but got a few nights of friendly company from travelling.

.. brokenspirit does it help a little that there are tons of people on here that do connect and recognise your situation?
What kind of stuff are you into? I like punk and going for walks and gaming and stuff. People on here can help you get back up a bit maybe?

Hi ;)Yeah i am looking forward to it........its not the answer though. Its something to look forward to , and i will enjoy it, but its only 3 weeks out of 52. Its a start though , and i will have to get fit.

Latest posts

Back