A pat on the back.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nina

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where everyone comes in and tells us what their, personal accomplishements, best traits, charactistics, features or anything else are.

ONLY positive stuff though. :)

When we run out of positive stuff to, ring our own bells with, we can start saying meaningful and positive things about each other. I LOVE the thread for "5 people on ALL" but maybe on this one, we can be a bit more direct and pay folks compliments by name. I could fill this whole thread up myself with all the things I'd like to say to different peeps! You really are a **** fine group you know.... ;)

God knows, I've whined and complained about myself, my world and the town I live in and my hubs. It's nice to stop, once in a while and focus on the good things in us. We ALL have good qualities and attributes. Let's take a second and brag a bit!!:D

So I'll get this thread rolling by saying:

I'm a good mom. I love, like and respect my son and daughter. They're no longer good kids but really decent and nice young adults who I am very proud to call mine.

I also think I'm a decent artist. I love the ocean, the sky and color. They always come out clean and clear on my canvas and that's good enough for me.

I think I'm a decent listener too. I like people and I almost always learn more about myself when I listen to and read the words of others...

My hubs has made a huge turn around and I was able to make the turn WITH him and NOT away from him.

I'm good at judging character and reading people.

Or I'm just judgmental.

Your choice. :p

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
lol bjd

i can push beyond the final frontier in extending the lifespan of a pair of ugg boots.

Guys wear ugg boots? o_o

I've learned something new today. :p

p2p said:
i can push beyond the final frontier in extending the lifespan of a pair of ugg boots.

Hahaha... ugg boots. :p I seem to recall a spammer in here ranting about those a while back. ^_^ hehe

PurpleDays--
A skillfully crafted slice of toast is a "gift" to an empty stomach.

All in the Mind--
May the bathroom tissue corporations rejoice!

Bjd--
You will never be anything less than PRICELESS as far as I'm concerned!

PoWer2--
I salute you. I love my warm snuggly Uggs.

Soph--
I am sooo glad you post as much as you do. My day doesn't feel the same without some words from you. ;)

Teenage Dream--
Hi! :)

I'm good at extemporizing in a stream of consciousness fashion, editing for style, grammar and punctuation.

I can paint, draw and sculpt; knit, cross-stitch and embroider.

I can cook and bake like nobody's business, and people tell me that I never fail to make them laugh... except when I make them cry, so I guess I excel at eliciting an emotional response. Makes sense when you consider that the ex said that no one ever made him as angry as I did. Hrmmm... *scratches head*

I can also make a worst-case scenario out of even the rosiest of situations. It is my one truly breath-taking talent, other than the cheesecake.

I graduated from college with a 3.7

I make my husband dinner every night.

oh, and I can crochet.

Isnt that weird ? lol

Im pretty good at it; I used to use the small string with tiny hooks to make lace-like designs.

but I dont really make stuff anymore

Maybe when I am 80 Ill make blankets, or something

ctf--
I've always wanted to be your neighbor....Now I'm upping it to an absolute "CRAVING" I can just see bad days where we could get together in one or the others kitchen and cook till we ran out of ingredients and then just sit back and do some kind of creative and beautiful handirwork. I'm dying to learn to knit or quilt! All the while discussing our latest painting or sketching project. I'm so mellow it's hard to make me cry and when I do, I have a soft voice. Even if we were having a really good day and just got bored we could rely on your skills at taking the rosiest times and making a worst case screnario out of them so hence MORE FUN!! I'm tellin ya...we'd be a perfect match! :D

P.S. You forgot to say you're a kick-ass writer to. I can tell, from all your posts! I could use some coaching with the grammar and punctuation too....:p

eris--I think your crotcheting is a perfect addition to your most EXCELLENT uniqueness! You'd have to join ctf and I....I'd like to learn to crotchet better too. I do, do a pretty decent needlepoint. When I sit down long enough. I love all that stuff. I can see where you got the good grades. Your're a smart cookie! :)

Nina said:
ctf--
I've always wanted to be your neighbor....Now I'm upping it to an absolute "CRAVING" I can just see bad days where we could get together in one or the others kitchen and cook till we ran out of ingredients and then just sit back and do some kind of creative and beautiful handirwork. I'm dying to learn to knit or quilt! All the while discussing our latest painting or sketching project. I'm so mellow it's hard to make me cry and when I do, I have a soft voice. Even if we were having a really good day and just got bored we could rely on your skills at taking the rosiest times and making a worst case screnario out of them so hence MORE FUN!! I'm tellin ya...we'd be a perfect match! :D

That would be nice, wouldn't it? ;)

I'd love to learn how to quilt. I taught myself how to knit, and admittedly I need a lot of practice, but it is very soothing to sit on the couch late at night on a chilly evening and just knit a scarf. I'm not skilled enough yet to do fancy stitches like cables and stuff, but it is very enjoyable. Some day I'd like to be able to knit a really nice sweater.

Nina said:
P.S. You forgot to say you're a kick-ass writer to. I can tell, from all your posts! I could use some coaching with the grammar and punctuation too....:p

Thanks! I've got a children's book in production right now. We'll see if something comes of it. I've gotten some good feedback from a few editors on what I've got so far.

CTF!! OMG..YOU are a writer!! Am I a good one at picking out the talent or what??? Best of luck with your book! Can I have your autograph before you get all famous and I have to stand on-line for it at a Barnes & Noble somewhere??? :p

I would love to be able to knit cozy sweaters and socks!! Cushy, schmusy socks....I can feel them on my cold little feet right now while I type this!

I am good at trolling on 4chan.

I make an excellent cup of coffee without using any sort of sugar or artificial sweeteners.

I'm a creative cook.

I'm in decent shape and I suppose I know a fair bit about health.

I'm financially responsible.

I'm more well-read than most of my generation, probably.

-------

Nina: I'm so glad you've worked things over with your husband :D Way to be proactive.

And CTFan, I love your mad English Skills. I maintain that if you were my age I would court you, old-fashioned like.

Brian said:
And CTFan, I love your mad English Skills. I maintain that if you were my age I would court you, old-fashioned like.

For once, I am speechless.

1lg023oh.gif

Thanks for recognizing how important language skills are! :)

Ok.

I'm Kind.

Considerate.

Calm.

Reserved.

Intelligent.

Heh. Ok now I am tooting my own horn.

SophiaGrace said:
Ok.

I'm Kind.

Considerate.

Calm.

Reserved.

Intelligent.

Heh. Ok now I am tooting my own horn.

Soph, you are an awesome friend. I want you to know how much your random, out-of-the-blue messages mean to me. I'm not always as timely with my thanks as I should be. :/

YOU are a wonderful, caring person. xoxoxo

Latest posts

Back