How do I remember All my Passwords?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

It seems unsafe to keep using the same ones over and over again, but the more I change them the more I worry that I will not be able to remember them all.

Is there some sort of secure, encrypted program I could use to store my passwords in so I am not afraid of forgetting them anymore?

Does this program look good to you?

http://keepass.info/

dramaqueen said:
Write them down on a piece of paper :D (make sure you won't lose it though :p)

That's what I'm doing and then I'm going to hide it. Though I wont say where. *shifty eyes*

It's low tech and hacker-free. :D

I guess I could tell you how I keep all of MINE straight, but then everyone would know all of my passwords :p

I honestly think just keeping them written down is the best option.

If someone can hack your passwords cant they hack the program that keeps your passwords ?

I dont know, I really dont know much about computers.

eris said:
If someone can hack your passwords cant they hack the program that keeps your passwords ?

Yes this is what I assumed so I just wrote them down. heh.

NOOOO don't write them down! People can find a piece of paper!

If you're going to write your passwords down, then devise a simple code that ONLY YOU will know, and use that to low-tech-encrypt your passwords.

*shrug*

Just keep a mind to security, and remember: ANYONE can find that scrap of paper with your password on them. And passwords always look strangely like passwords, so chances are if someone finds them, they'll know what they are. lol

pfft... I ain't ever gonna forget my gmail password cos its entirely different from what I use everywhere and anywhere else and my gmail account is my official one so I have to use it everyday or every other day so I just stored everything in there. If somebody's gonna hack my gmail, woo good luck finding my password, its ******* long and yeah even if they do, good luck finding the mail which keeps all other passwords in between around 6000 mails xD.

you could save them in a word document, or use the same password with different variations

Badjedidude said:
If you're going to write your passwords down, then devise a simple code that ONLY YOU will know,

LOL. wouldnt it be easier to just remember the password :p

Yes but I hid it in a good place o_o. Trust meeeeeee :)

Plus I don't have a template for my passwords. :/

SophiaGrace said:
Does this program look good to you?

http://keepass.info/

I had 22 different passwords for work and more than twice that many more outside of work. It seems that they want to password protect everything these days. I started using a password manager that i really liked but it won't work on a 64 bit machine so i started using keepass. I use keepass on a usb drive so that i can move it between the laptop and the PC. So far it has worked fine and is secure. My main complaint is that it is a little ornate for me.

Latest posts

Back