There is a party tonight

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Reaction score
Someone from my school is having a party in a few hours.

Anyone can come.

Everyone is going to be there, but I don't think I will, I'm too scared.

I'm scared that I won't have anything to say to anyone. I'm scared the music will be too loud and no one will hear me. I'm afraid I will go there and not speak to anyone and get embarrassed.

I'm so pathetic.

Someone tell me why I should go. Only about 2 hours left till it starts....

For the experience? Even if it's really cruddy, you can leave as soon as you want.

Is it walking distance? If so, no money lost? Nothing lost.

Life isn't made up of what you regret doing, it's often what you DON'T do that bites you in the ass. The thought you've missed out.

Just see what it's like, listen to some of the music, see someone from a class? Just show people the you outside of class?

I think you should just go for atleast an hour or two.
You can leave anytime you want :p.

Go . . you will regret it.

The place is not within walking distance of my house. If it was closer I would definitely walk. Chalk up another Friday night alone. Anyways, thanks for the quick replies.

Because you might enjoy yourself if you give it some time. You may meet some new people. It also lets them know that you cared to show up and make an appearance. Even if it totally bores you, as PurpleDays said, you get the experience and you can leave early.

GO!

Even if it's the ONE party you end up going to in your life, it's worth it simply for the experience of it.

And hell, even BAD parties sometimes give us the most crazy hilarious memories. ;)

It was recommended to me that I should drink 1 beer if I attend a party to remedy my social anxiety. Thoughts?

You don't HAVE to do anything.

And honestly... drinking a single beer isn't going to really do anything for you unless you're really scrawny or diabetic or something. One beer isn't enough to "loosen" you up for social interaction. You'd need like maybe 4-6, if you're a beginner.

*shrug* lol

Just go and have fun. Why does being nervous about it have to ruin it? Just do whatever the fresia you want and throw your social worries to the wind. :)

Chuck said:
It was recommended to me that I should drink 1 beer if I attend a party to remedy my social anxiety. Thoughts?

Like BJD said, alcohol does make you more social :p.

My advice is . . have one or two, to start out with. . .

But in the end it's up to you. Whatever you're comfortable with.

Chuck said:

Pffft...only 1 beer? Be a real man and drink some Premium Unleaded Gasoline!

Nah, I can't give you any real advice since I hate going to parties. I don't drink/smoke/drugs/have fun and just enjoy really deep conversations. But people at parties are too busy partying so that's why I hate them.

If you're there with the intention of having fun, then try to have fun. Try to make friends with one or two people. Also, make sure to avoid the "party predators." You say this is a thing for your class, so you'll have people there who get their kicks by picking on loners at parties then telling the rest of the school about it. If you're mingling with other people the predators will leave you alone.

BTW, if you do feel really uncomfortable...just leave.

njlonelydude said:
If you're there with the intention of having fun, then try to have fun. Try to make friends with one or two people. Also, make sure to avoid the "party predators." You say this is a thing for your class, so you'll have people there who get their kicks by picking on loners at parties then telling the rest of the school about it. If you're mingling with other people the predators will leave you alone.

Pffft don't worry about those losers.

A solid punch in the face will shoo them away. :)

No worries. ^_^

Latest posts

Back