I don't know who to talk to anymore, so I hope someone will listen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just5

Reaction score
I never join these things, or post anywhere, or really share anything with anyone. But keeping things bottled up inside me is starting to physically bother me. I'm 19 years old, dropped out of highschool, got my GED, and haven't really done anything else with my life. I live in Maine, which makes me miserable enough as it is, and I just can not take anymore of this life.

I have managed to alienate every single person in my life. My friends, my family, even my own brother. I have nobody to turn to, so I am posting here.

I have never been so unhappy in my life, I can't get a job, I've never had a significant other, I am just so so lonely and isolated. I'm not a bad looking guy, I am gay, and I've had hookup after hookup, but nobody wants more than that. I want more than anything in the world to just move somewhere far far away from all of this, I need to get away. Tonight, one of my "best friends" said this to me "and all you do is push your friends away. you lost everyone. all you have is ********* and she barely sees you as it is", and that broke me.

I don't know how to handle this, I just lay in my bed all day, I don't get invited out anymore, I have to beg even for the slightest bit of attention. I left highschool and my life ended.

I just need someone to care, someone to be there

Aw man, that sounds tough :(.
We're here for ya :p.

What exactly are you doing to alienate yourself with your friends/family?
Pushing them away?
If I were you . . i'd work on fixing that!

Why can't you get a job? Details.

Don't wait for people to invite you out . . invite them out!

Sorry I can't give you any great advice, :(.

Best of luck!

Hiiiiiii I know it is hard to be alone.. it feels like you are the only one in the whole world left out.. it feels crying:((( more over you cannot digest the pain of rejection..!! Always remember friends are good when you are good at something...!! its very difficult in this whole world to find a friend who will just be with you for nothing....!! i suggest that you to motivate your self.. be a loyal friend to your heart n this beautiful nature:))))

Im sorry your going through bad times, Im not the kinda guy who gives advice. But know that I do care and I hope you get better. :)

Know the feeling man. you have to keep trying - maybe like someone else said try to get close to your family, bend over backwards and do stuff that feels false if needs be just to get a bit of contact going. Provided they're not abusive your family should be your closest wellwisher and friends cos your blood and they love you even if they screw up sometimes and hurt you.

Welcome to the forum's, there may be people here who can give you some advice. I dont have much advice to give someone in this situation im afraid. Maybe you could join some clubs if there are any nearby? Go out on the weekends if you know of any good night life?
Anyway i hope you feel better soon.

Loneliness is an awful feeling and I too know the frustration of not being able to get anyone interested in anything but a hook-up. Feeling unloved and unwanted is also awful. Keep in mind that isolation is a symptom of depression.

Oh, and sorry that you are here under these circumstances, but welcome to alonelylife, or ALL as we regulars like to call it. :)

most gay relationships are actually just like that, hook-up after hook-up.

Usually the succesful ones are the more articulate ones, ones that will go into a gay relationship, but try to stay abstinent. Of course eventually you know, things change. But maybe try to find another guy that you don't necessarily find attractive sexually, but someone you can talk to as a friend, and progress from that to something else.

Latest posts

Back