Conundrum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WastedLife

Reaction score
I have been sitting here watching it rain diving ever further into myself. I was making dinner and it hit me that I am 30 years old. I have no family, no children, no significant other, no one. I am a college student but I don't feel apart of anything here. My life is going to class and back to my apartment. No real friends only acquaintances. I miss the tenderness of someone stroking my face or the complexity of a kiss. I can't help but to wonder if this is going to be my life. No one to share the milestones with, to laugh with, or dance in my living room. No one can understand the hardship it is to go through life with no friends or family. Why my rant? Perhaps it is so someone can see me.

~Wasted

Hey there, I hear that storm rumbling in now here in Maryland. I don't know the complexities to your situation but I think it's unwise for you to assume no one can understand your hardship. Plenty of people can- why do you think there are so many members on this forum? Fall is coming and you are living in one of my favorite fall places that happens to be my neighbor- West Virginia. If you are physically able, go and ride your bike in the beautiful fall foliage- leave society and look at the wonders around you. They will be there for your pleasure no matter who is around you or not, no matter what your hardship, they are constant. Perhaps, if you believe in God, he is asking you to focus on yourself and the natural world at this point in life. 30 is not old, don't despair.

-b

Just remember that the present is NOT the future. My mum did not find her 'significant other' until she was 45. She was always the type to say that being single was easier, and that she would never get married. However she did. Change isn't impossible.
She has worked at the same place for 14 years and has never made a friend from work. However she has made friends from doing other things...for example, her on-the-side gardening job. Just because you don't make friends at work or school, it doesn't mean you are never going to make any at all. After all, you haven't possibly met everyone around you.

i just love the word "conundrum"

thank you :)

i also enjoy quandary and fiasco...

one i coined "clustershuffle" ... it's a cross between "clusterfuck" and "shufflefuck"

downbythebay said:
Fall is coming and you are living in one of my favorite fall places that happens to be my neighbor- West Virginia. If you are physically able, go and ride your bike in the beautiful fall foliage- leave society and look at the wonders around you. They will be there for your pleasure no matter who is around you or not, no matter what your hardship, they are constant.

Listen to this guy.

A bike ride almost universally does it for me.

I don't have the seasoning of time to compound my experience, but I dealt for some time with grueling through a work day, then toughing through night classes with people far different from myself, and coming home to that silence I'm sure you're all to familiar with; just the hum of a computer fan, or the ticking of a clock.

Do you find the weather or changing seasons make it worse?

Brian said:
downbythebay said:
Fall is coming and you are living in one of my favorite fall places that happens to be my neighbor- West Virginia. If you are physically able, go and ride your bike in the beautiful fall foliage- leave society and look at the wonders around you. They will be there for your pleasure no matter who is around you or not, no matter what your hardship, they are constant.

Listen to this guy.

A bike ride almost universally does it for me.

I don't have the seasoning of time to compound my experience, but I dealt for some time with grueling through a work day, then toughing through night classes with people far different from myself, and coming home to that silence I'm sure you're all to familiar with; just the hum of a computer fan, or the ticking of a clock.

Do you find the weather or changing seasons make it worse?

No the weather does nothing for me. I don't have a bike so I just walk everywhere. I find that I get more upset when I am among people because it is a constant reminder of what I don't have. Most people have either friends or family and I don't have either one. I try to keep my mind busy, but some day that just isn't possible.

I just turned 30 and it can be really really really depressing. Try to think of it as just a silly number. Do not project any meaning onto it. I should say this to myself.

hey. I can see you. youre really there and I can sense your pain. youre not alone

30 is a depressing age :( because of our biological clock and because of society. We all belive that 30 means family, children, house car, stability. But is stupid ....we are very different from each other, and what we are on 30 is who we are.

Latest posts

Back