Another cursed winter

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonewanderer

Reaction score
It never fails, the onset of fall and winter usually equates to me being alone and cold. Every year, same time, same channel same 11 o'clock news. Is it possible to be afflicted with some bizarre ancient chinese curse of lonliness? On the positive side I do love my zooyork jacket but I sure do hate sleeping in ice cold sheets and blankets. I've never bought anyone outside of my immediate family and friends a christmas gift, I wonder what it would be like to present something to someone I cherish.

I yearn for a warm body in the winter to be beside me while we kiss in front of a roaring fireplace, gently holding and stroking each other. Jokingly chiding each other while returning to embrace tightly. I tear up while I type things like this because I don't think it'll ever happen for me.

Every winter the cold is my only companion and her chilling touch is all I have awaiting me.

Does anyone else go through seasonal singleness where after so many years of it being repetitious it's settles in as a "curse"?

edit: my fireplace still has the owners manual in it, just noticed that the other day
edit:: I hate this season

I've had a few relationships through the winter, and I definitely miss it. Curse? No, I dont think so for anyone. I think if you put effort into getting to know someone, and there's obvious attraction, it's a start. Even if there's a a girl you like, you should get her something small for the hoidays, it's a small step to something bigger. :)

winter is the loneliest of seasons for me too. autumn is the precursor when i begin to slowly die inside.

during autumn, like the leaves on lone trees, my hopes of spending the holiday season with someone special begin to tear away from me, abandoning me and leaving me to try and cope with the nearing, deathly inevitable. day by day they leave me, and at night i have less reasons to want to wake up the next day. after i'm left without a single hope, the winter sets in, and my loneliness becomes my innate tormenter. i count down the days to spring, when new hopes and dreams will fill my being. meanwhile, under the sad winter sun, which like her is too far away to keep me warm, i suffer.

alonewanderer said:
It never fails, the onset of fall and winter usually equates to me being alone and cold. Every year, same time, same channel same 11 o'clock news. Is it possible to be afflicted with some bizarre ancient chinese curse of lonliness? On the positive side I do love my zooyork jacket but I sure do hate sleeping in ice cold sheets and blankets. I've never bought anyone outside of my immediate family and friends a christmas gift, I wonder what it would be like to present something to someone I cherish.

I yearn for a warm body in the winter to be beside me while we kiss in front of a roaring fireplace, gently holding and stroking each other. Jokingly chiding each other while returning to embrace tightly. I tear up while I type things like this because I don't think it'll ever happen for me.

Every winter the cold is my only companion and her chilling touch is all I have awaiting me.

Does anyone else go through seasonal singleness where after so many years of it being repetitious it's settles in as a "curse"?

edit: my fireplace still has the owners manual in it, just noticed that the other day

I hate being alone I thought I had someone,she was much younger than me but still I loved her and I felt really good. Recently she told me she didn't have th esame feelings for me ,I feel heartbroken and depressed. I have other problems too but I don't have anyone to tell them too.

I have been through a nasty divorce and a number of other things but I think this is the worst time of my life.I am ashamed to mention just how bad my situation is,and I can't see any improvement.

I think every day that a person feels unloved and unwanted is a bad day, whether it be in spring, fall, summer or winter.

SophiaGrace said:
I think every day that a person feels unloved and unwanted is a bad day, whether it be in spring, fall, summer or winter.

I agree , but it seems worse in winter...... the sun shining on my back makes it bareable.

Lol alonewanderer that post makes you seem like a hopeless romantic... are you? :p

I think i might be a bit of a hopeless romantic... I am hopeless and romantic after all!! lol :p It really sucks being lonely when you are the kind of person that actually cherish's relationship's and would genuinely like to find someone.

alonewanderer said:

Okay, this is no joke. There is a real thing called Seasonal Affective Disorder. This is thought to come from lack of vitamin D. We get viatmin D from direct sunlight, so naturally in the fall and winter months we do not get enough. This can affect one's mood slightly or drastically. I just recently began taking a viatmin D supplliment and I can honestly say I feel an overall difference. Obviously, this is not a cure all and I do not mean to take away from the lonliness you feel. I feel it too. But this might help you feel a little better. And it's not expensive at all. I paid like $6 for for a 3 month supply. Also, there is a thing called a S.A.D. light. It's a lamp that simulates real sunlight and you can put it on your desk and shine it one yourself for a half hour a day and it does help. I hope all my babbling gives you some relief from what you, and I'm sure alot of others, are going through.

alonewanderer said:
I make sure I get hormone D in it's daily value, since vitamin D isn't a vitamin at all. Thank you though and yes when spring time hits the sunlight enfuses me with an unearthly energy of pleasantness that I spread around to anyone near me. I know this isn't from a lack of vitamins/minerals/hormones I think it's time for me to check out with my final stage bow. (not now though, I have unfinished business to attend to over this current month but soon.)

What makes you feel this way? Is there anything situational?

I hate long winter nights also. Espesially considering most winters here (Where I live) are molten in a gray icey mess which is then covered with salt and dirt and rain or little bit of melt makes it all muddy. So its usually routine -- wake up in the dark, climb to school over the icy roads and piles of dirt, be in school, come home, go to work, never see the daylight.

But unlike you, I have never had anyone beside me in winter, so I have been quite alone in winter. I have had relationships, but they have all ended in summer or autumn. One lasted into winter almost, but there was lack of contact when finally the winter weather came and I was dumped just before christmas over the phone. All my new years eve and christmas have been alone, or with my family, but no-one else. It is boring and sucky, plus my family is quite negative thinking also, so we all end up in a pile of negativity, even if though I don't show it and they think I am positive, end up needing me.

I used to spend most of my summers alone also, but at least then it is warm and I can go ride my bike or walk in the forest.

I suggest you read up about Melatonin, it is thought to control our bilogical clock and it supposedly reacts to light. Maybe you are supposed to sleep in winter after all, hehe, like bear. I know I would if I could.
But apart from that, I see your main problem associating winter with relationship. You may actually enjoy winter if you forget about that relationship! If you have time to see a bit daylight, go for a walk and smile to the first person you see, and then to the next one. -- I did this some time after my breakdown because of the dump my now ex gf took at me and it changed everything. People smiled at me and it actually made me happy, even just for that moment. So when I felt down in the dark evening, I just reminded those smiles. Its little things like these that you need to build up your fortress.

Autumn is my favorite time of the year, I love the way the air smells. It always makes me think about a girl that isn't here, and walking around with her watching leaves fall. I lose patience with feeling like this, I really believe my loneliness is all location, occupation. There is no reason to stay in the same spot you are in, I am fed up and actually angry, I will swipe a winter mate with all guns blazing, cause it's been going on for too long and I don't think there is anything wrong with me other than not being around a reasonable population of females. I feel like someone who has been in prison or tucked away in a cellar way too **** long, but I am a good looking guy, I think so and I'm told so all the time.

I know this site is a place to dump your brain clutter and blow off some steam, get advice, but I also think it should be a step in making the situation better. Saturating yourself with emotion doesn't help anything, the bad feeling should be a stepping off point in another direction, reverse your routine, how you approach life and people. If you are very alone you should have more time than most to let your brain absorb some knowledge or a skill that will make you at least interesting, unique in some way, good at the elusive conversation with a pretty girl with a working brain (personal experience). On the flipside I like the coldness and death of winter, and sometimes being very lonely can make it all the more better, put me in touch with my inner nihilism, which itself is just a starting point to build and not a dead end.

I'll hang around this forum for as long as I have little to do but I'm telling you we're all at the bottom of a pit and I'm not staying.

VanillaCreme said:
I love winter time.

Me too, especially because of snow. I just hate the ice on the roads which makes it very dangerous to drive. :/

snow! cold! frost! ice! seeing your breath in the air! wind chill! getting in your car and everything is freezing!

good times...

As far this season making me lonely, depressed, or hopeless, I can't say that it does, any more than summer or spring do. too much beauty in the desolate, snow covered expanses of this land!

I do very much wish I could spend it with someone special though. that would make for a legitimate winter.

I dont think winter is the worst althought the last years winter has sure been depressing. Perhaps its because this stupid climate change, rain and darkness has replaced the light and snow. The autum is terrible because of the darkness and rain and the natural absence of snow and light.

So in a way autum and winter has sort of combined their worsts into one season, atleast where i live :(. So yes i can definetly relate to you winter and autum is depressing. Its like all that honeysuckle you thought you had adressed in the summer has returned, its like pushing the reset button.

I dont think the winter and autum is all bad thought :) the autum with all its colors and the winter with skiing and snowball fights.

Latest posts

Back