Something for women with low self-esteem (:

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that Dove foundation. They're doing ******* awesome stuff.

Let's tackle the makeup companies next, OK?

I'm dead serious about that, too. No joke.

Women don't need makeup to be beautiful. In fact, I personally think it makes them uglier than if they had none on at all.

Yep i agree i think makeup most of the time is actually not attractive and most women that use it dont need it at all.
The natural look is best. :)

^^Not only that, but I am a firm believer that the constant use of heavy makeup for decades and decades actually makes skin's texture worse. That makes women feel insecure about their skin, running for products to cover up the skin, which perpetuates the cycle.

I'll use makeup for special occasions when I dress up, but I treat it as an extension of playing dress up: nice dress, stockings, heels, makeup and jewelry. I feel no need to paint on a face for everyday occasions.

Ok, it may be true that cosmetic companies have come a long way in formulating their products, but I still think that leaving skin bare and unclogged by chemicals is the best option to keep it healthy... not to mention youthful-looking.

I love that video discolemonade posted. I've seen other websites showcasing photos before and after the Photoshop treatment. Some of them are disastrous.

I love it too, did you see how they were advertisin foundation? If you look in the begininng of the video, the model doesnt have perfect skin.

Also, I like how it shows the use of photoshop. Even though the model looked great in the end, it still wasnt enough, o they had to make her something she wasnt.

Thank you! I love this video, too. :)
But nevertheless I like a good make-up and I do use natural looking one. I don't like myself without :p :)

I've seen this before, it's pretty awesome. :) The links on the side of the video are pretty cool too.

what about people with ugly disfiguring marks? I use makeup for mine and it DOESN'T WORK. I've spent over an hour in the past before to TRY to make my legs look like each other, and I just ended up with patchy legs which looked like they were from two different people.

Make up is confidence in a bottle, it can exaggerate people's good qualities and make them sparkle. It can make transvestites feel complete.

I don't know, I'm a bit on the fence.

PurpleDays said:
what about people with ugly disfiguring marks? I use makeup for mine and it DOESN'T WORK. I've spent over an hour in the past before to TRY to make my legs look like each other, and I just ended up with patchy legs which looked like they were from two different people.

Make up is confidence in a bottle, it can exaggerate people's good qualities and make them sparkle. It can make transvestites feel complete.

I don't know, I'm a bit on the fence.

My thing about makeup is that I dislike when people -or makeup companies - try to perpetuate the idea that no one is beautiful without a face painted on them, that who and what they are naturally is ugly.

I would never say that people must not wear makeup - if they enjoy it, then go for it. I dislike being told that without it I am ugly and no one will want to look at me. Y'know, cover those heinous freckles, cake on orange foundation, then powder it to cover the shine, curl my lashes and then encrust them with mascara.

Purple, your legs are beautiful. (yum)

My friend told me I was gorgeous a few hours ago, and I actually believe him. People put too much value on looks, face wise and weight wise. It irks me.

VanillaCreme said:
My friend told me I was gorgeous a few hours ago, and I actually believe him.

:D

VanillaCreme said:
People put too much value on looks, face wise and weight wise. It irks me.

Yeah, what irks me is when people put too much emphasis on a very narrow, uniform standard of beauty.

I was watching the Miss Universe pageant a few weeks ago (don't even ask) and I was stunned at how similar all the women looked despite racial differences. They were all cast from a very similar mold with very little variation: long, narrow noses, oval faces, eyebrows arched in precisely the same way, similar cheekbone structure, I could go on and on.

It was very Stepfordish, and kind of creepy.

Yah, it creeps me out that everyone looks so much alike these days. There's this one standard for beauty and everyone is trying to fit it.

I'm against makeup because I'm too lazy to use it. It would take entirely too much time and I pride myself on the ability to get ready to leave the house really quickly. And I try to keep company with people who accept my fugly physical flaws and I'll accept theirs :D

i think that video is for the men as well. to know that real images of women are doctored to create a cybernetic (hehe) ideal of beauty can have nothing but negative consequences on someone's perception of reality.. and billboards are responsible for some car crashes aren't they..

advertisers are some of the best manipulators of perception and they know the basic and powerful psychology of both genders, but specifically how to convince you to do something you may not have thought of doing otherwise. the bastards. imagine a world where they worked for the benefit of the human race in a responsible and conscience-driven way.. gotta imagine pretty hard.

we have a limited time here and some of these ******* forces conspire to exploit our insecurities.

scabby little gits.

Power, yes, for men as well. The same friend told me he thought he was ugly... He's cute to me. So I don't know what he's talking about.

CTF, I know what you mean about the models... And then they pretend to be the sweetest little sugar cups ever. My aunt was a model years ago, and she may be pretty, but she'll kick you while you're down. Not exactly the type of person I'd call beautiful.

VanillaCreme said:
Power, yes, for men as well. The same friend told me he thought he was ugly... He's cute to me. So I don't know what he's talking about.

Well everybody has a different view on looks and ofcourse theres alot of people out there who think they are ugly no matter what other people say, like me, perhaps they actually think they are ugly in comparison to the general population. Maybe there's someone out there that would think im attractive... but i doubt it.

cheaptrickfan said:
^^Not only that, but I am a firm believer that the constant use of heavy makeup for decades and decades actually makes skin's texture worse. That makes women feel insecure about their skin, running for products to cover up the skin, which perpetuates the cycle.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGREE.

I wish more women could see and understand this.

Wearing chemical powders and emulients on your face all day simply cannot be healthy for the skin.

Makeup is evil.

cheaptrickfan said:
I was watching the Miss Universe pageant a few weeks ago (don't even ask) and I was stunned at how similar all the women looked despite racial differences. They were all cast from a very similar mold with very little variation: long, narrow noses, oval faces, eyebrows arched in precisely the same way, similar cheekbone structure, I could go on and on.

It was very Stepfordish, and kind of creepy.

Yeah. Those pageants and competitions often actually have handbooks detailing by the millimeter what the "perfect" attributes/measurements of a woman's face are.

It's messed up.

discolemonade said:
I like make up, im not a heavy user, just enough so you can tell im a girl :)

That's not so bad. :)

I'm just tired of seeing women who think they're ugly enough to require forty minutes (or more) of makeup prep in the morning before they can go out. Or women that are hesitant to do fun/spontaneous/dirty things because they spent so much time on their face that they're afraid to "mess it up."

....ummm ...what?

*shakes head*

Latest posts

Back