ugly worthless and unloveable

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmosaic

Reaction score
Though I'm married I've never been able to shake feeling unworthy of love. I'm so ashamed of who I am. Been on antidepression meds for a few years but it's just not doing enough. Hate being the ugliest person in every room I walk into.

Attachments

• 100_1617.jpg
    100_1617.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 91
  • dave.jpg
    dave.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 79
You are not ugly. There seems to be something deeper, do you tell anyone how you're feeling?

Wait....I'm still looking for the ugly guy. *scratches head* Still don't see one. o_O

mrmosaic said:
Though I'm married I've never been able to shake feeling unworthy of love. I'm so ashamed of who I am. Been on antidepression meds for a few years but it's just not doing enough. Hate being the ugliest person in every room I walk into.

I am telling you with complete honesty that you are not ugly. I know you probably wont be persuaded because i am just like you in that i think i am ugly as hell and no one will persuade me otherwise. The thing is though everyone has different opinions on looks and ofcourse a person can rate their own looks very low but it is also true that others can have a different opinion and can think that you are attractive.

Dave my friend, you look fine. Most of us aren't models but you look like any of my neighbors.

Actually, you kind of look like one of the Captains at the ambulance service I work for. He's highly successful and I think he's got a pretty classy look.

Do you exercise at all? That improves everyone's looks, and usually boosts the ol' self esteem.

On the flip side, I feel the same way about myself. It's not so much what other people say or think, but it's what I feel about myself. So I know where you're coming from.

Still, you're not bad at all.

Brian said:
... but you look like any of my neighbors.

That is what I see, as well. you are a nice-looking distinguished gentleman; and I can easily see you mowing the lawn next door while old ladies giggle and cat-call you.

I think youre right, youre depressed :( Depression puts all kinds of weird ideas in our head.

Vanilla- I have absolutly no idea what you look like, but I know you a nice young lady and I am sure I would think you are pretty.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why do all of the most awesome people feel so badly about themselves ?

im married as well...

things is though, from those pictures you are really really good looking.. well at least your face is. I really like your beard.. the grey and brown mix is very appealing. You look like a university professor (in stereotypical terms).. that good looking older prof. who you'd fantasize about if you were single lol.

I really cant see how you think you are ugly.

I'm so glad I found this forum I've been really really down lately. Will be good to have others to talk to that may actually understand the things I've got bouncing around in my head. Thanks for taking my thoughts seriously most people just make rude comments or shun you when feeling this way. How nice it would be to have a local support group.

As far as my body goes :) Here's a pic of me being goofy.

Attachments

• facebookpic.jpg
    facebookpic.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 45
Except for you being trimmer, you look a lot like my brother. He is the stereotypical professor.

Dave,
You have a warm smile and a twinkle in your eye's....aka, distinguished hottie! Run with it and stop beating yourself up. I know a lot of men who'd sell their favorite recliner to look half as good! :)

You definitely are NOT ugly at all man, it's all in your head. Believe me people who see you don't think that you're ugly.
But I know how you feel trust me, I feel the exact same way as you.

I think he just isn't seeing something that everyone else seems to see. :)

Shut up you are not ugly. I am being perfectly serious. You. Are. NOT. Ugly.

Feel better. I command thee to think pleasant thoughts about yourself. O_O

You tell him Soph! Mrmosaic, You're very attractive...If I weren't a married gal....I'd give you a second look and hand over my phone number if you asked!! Now stop picking on yourself and listen to Soph!! When Soph commands...You're suppose to pay attention! :p

Also I think Sean mean't OP as "Opening Poster", meaning you started the thread.

Latest posts

Back