The online relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lilyelk

I have been reading other's new member introductions. I have to say I am totally facinated by this. This is not what I expected to do when I found this site.

I am curious about the online relationship because I think maybe we are at a generation/historical moment where people are still trying to figure out how it works. It is like characters in a good book - you can't help but "fill them in" in your head. It is one of the potential "negatives" of online dating...especially if it stays in e-mail too long; yet more and more people are trying it...wanting to make that special connection.

This is all new to me. Most of my online interaction is via e-mail with people I already know.

Who am I? At times I feel horribly lonely and I really don't like it even if by nature I frequently prefer to be alone. I am one of those online nightmares because I am far better expressed in writing; get me face to face and I blunder. I blush easy. I prefer to listen. I am deeply fond of people.

LoL, "online nightmare" was a good one. ;) Everyone here are quite "On-Line" so to say, i guess.

I think that, because of the internet and the ease it brings to communicate, youngsters today try to figure out and even experince new, scary things via it. This way they don't have to be ashamed or equally as affected if something not in the plan would occur.

Online "relationships", which i will keep quoting since it lacks the most important thing a real relationship includes (and which is what alot of people looking for love actually need), obviously can be very good and very bad. I, with You, agree strongly that they not should go on online for too long; at one point or another, both of the people in the "relationship" will want to meet eachother and that is when the bomb will start tickin'; will they dare to meet or does it get less and less interesting from here on?

Really, people, if You're gonna try and find someone to share Your life with via the internet, make sure it's someone who don't live 1000 miles away from You. You're just gonna end up loveless sooner or later and perhaps start to "realize" that love wasn't as good as You thought it would be. Love is the best! But You can't just sit infront a **** screen during all Your free time and chat with someone; You got to do the things You want to do in real life with this person! All generations after mine, and perhaps even before, already are too dependant of the machines around us. It's important that new wanderers on the path of love understand this.

Lily,

I'm a bit confused--but really LOVED your comment that you are fond of people! So wonderful! Keep loving people.

God WANTS us to love one another. Or, if you are agnostic or atheist, then the BEST of human nature wants us to love each other.

As the Beatles say, "Love....Love...Love...All You Need is Love!"

Hugs,

LG.

I ended a 10 year relationship at the end of last year. He is here right now; fixing his motorcycle - really the last thing he left here. I feel awful.

Latest posts

Back