why does it seem like everyone hates me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishcon

Reaction score
Im sure some of you people must recognise this feeling. But for me its been appearent all my life. From thinking about it seems lik sense i can include everyone (well at least almost everyone) that there has to be something to it. that im just a natuarrly bad or wrong person, or something.
Of course the other answer is to say that its just low self esteem thats destorting my view and making it appear like that. that seems lik its just to convienant of an answer though. Even with low self esteem i should be able to build a relationship or even just a conversation from time to time with at least the odd person.

anyone have any thoughts?

I'm sure people don't hate you; if anything they most likely couldn't give a honeysuckle. If you've never introduced yourself to someone, who are you to them? A nobody.

Unless you've made or are continuing to make some blindingly obvious signals (a cursory glance doesn't count), they'll forget you in about 2 seconds.

yea i realise that. maybe "everyone" was an over statement. i prob just should have said everyone i know :p

Why do you think they hate you? There has to be something that triggers their hate, it's usually something you've done to hurt them, or that you fit into some sort of social class group (which could apply to hatred in the form of racism). Do people just bully you?

no not bully. its not a bully problem. the only empirical evidence i have to think people hate me would be their reactions to me. pretending they dont see me when we pass on the street or making excuses to leave, that kinda thing. maybe its just me being parinoid

and im a 22 yr old white male in a mainly white society so it's definately not a race issue :p

irishcon said:
no not bully. its not a bully problem. the only empirical evidence i have to think people hate me would be their reactions to me. pretending they dont see me when we pass on the street or making excuses to leave, that kinda thing. maybe its just me being parinoid

and im a 22 yr old white male in a mainly white society so it's definately not a race issue :p

Maybe you're making them feel uncomfortable somehow? I don't sense this is hatred per-say...

I think people don't realize they are giving off that vibe sometimes. :/ I had a friend who was always giving people the most terrible looks. He'd look them up and down and make a face. I brought it up a few times and he always denied it. "No I didn't, I was just looking at her necklace, it was nice" etc. One day he realized it, and was shocked. He had to work on not doing it.

So maybe its just that. Apparently we don't control our faces as much as we think.

Might be time to check yourself and see what kind of character and image you're projecting to others.

Are you saying people that you know personally are passing you on the street and not acknowledging you?

Maybe you just haven't met the right kind of people you can get along with. Maybe it's time to gain a new circle of friends.

I think when you are lonely, bored and fed up you start thinking too much.....which leads to thinking strange things which probably have no basis in fact.
How do i know ?.....because i am doing exactly the same thing.

Stange thing with me is that i know so many people around here , but yet i am on on my own . If i walk to the main street now , i will guarentee that a few cars will beep at me , people will wave from the other side of the road , and i will end up talking to loads of people i know.....yet i am on my own , no-one calls.....i have twisted this to think that when i have stopped talking to them , they feel a sense of relief at me going ( maybe its true :shy:) I went down the street with a woman i know , and she was fed up of me talking to people, she said it was like going down the street with a celeb.......yet i am alone :( Strange ( maybe i have a face like a slapped arse)

i really dont think its about the looks you project,,,i've been a constant party to such situations too,,and saying you dont give a **** is being dishonest to youself,'coz like it or not,everyone wants to be the centre of the circle,,,i think such 'contempt' comes out of difference of interests,nature and such things,,i mean people might perceive you as "not so interesting"etc just because you might not share common interests,,and believe me,most people have common interests,,its only a few who are a little different(why else would miley sirus have more followers than gary moore,you're irish,,,right?? :) ),,i'd suggest you to always put up a friendly face(instead of going about as if you dont give a f***) and at the same time look for people with same interests...good luck (if you love blues or heavy metal,,you could always talk to me :) )

Latest posts

Back