I dont know what the fresia is wrong with me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott88

Reaction score
Im 22, im goodlooking and "nice" guy. its just since my father died 5 years ago, i feel so lonely. I've been living alone since my dad left, and i didnt want to see anyone. I dont have interest for anything, even for my own family (mother and brother). Ive just been so sad and wanted to stay alone, in the other hand i feel bad about it. But I never show it. I had a few friends, they were like brothers to me. Now i dont ******* care about anything. I dont know maybe its just my personality this way, I dont ******* know. Last 2 years i've been depressed, i just keep smoking.

scott88 said:
since my father died 5 years ago, i feel so lonely.

Thats terrible :( How come he died so young?

scott88 said:
I've been living alone since my dad left, and i didnt want to see anyone. I dont have interest for anything, even for my own family (mother and brother). Ive just been so sad and wanted to stay alone, in the other hand i feel bad about it.

I couldnt imagine what its like to lose someone who is so close to you. Did you not live with your mother and brother before? Did you not see your mother or brother a lot before your dad died?

scott88 said:
I had a few friends, they were like brothers to me. Now i dont ******* care about anything. I dont know maybe its just my personality this way, I dont ******* know. Last 2 years i've been depressed, i just keep smoking.

What do you smoke?

Brother Karl said:

Leukemia

Brother Karl said:
I couldnt imagine what its like to lose someone who is so close to you. Did you not live with your mother and brother before? Did you not see your mother or brother a lot before your dad died?

No, actually I didnt for about 10 years, I lived with my grandparents

Brother Karl said:
What do you smoke?

I dont do any drugs, just normal cigarettes.

Dont know but the good part is that i dont feel weak, im just angry, maybe its not the right word but i dont know how to explain. people think im just rude

scott88 said:
Brother Karl said:

Leukemia

Brother Karl said:

No, actually I didnt for about 10 years, I lived with my grandparents

Brother Karl said:
What do you smoke?

I dont do any drugs, just normal cigarettes.

Dont know but the good part is that i dont feel weak, im just angry, maybe its not the right word but i dont know how to explain. people think im just rude

Well...you certainly have a reason to be angry, Scott. You suffered a loss that one your age wouldn't normally have to suffer. However, others aren't realy likely to understand the reason for you anger, and will think you're just being rude.
I'd be pissed off too. But do yourself a favor and try to find some sort of constructive outlet for your pain and anger...it will only be helpful for you. Easier said than done, I know.

(((hugs)))

Not sure if I know exactly what you are going through, but I can relate. I wish I had advice or something that could take away the kind of pain that comes with losing someone close to you. Sometimes I wonder if it ever really goes away.

My mom passed away 3 years ago this November, and I was 16. I live with my grandma now. I'm not sure why I get as angry and impatient as I do. Small things set me off.

I've taken up drinking and smoking regularly. Two things I told myself I wouldn't get my hands dirty with because my father was addicted to both. I hate thinking that I may end up just like him.

As for pushing people away, I guess I've figured it's easier to distance myself from people. I don't hurt them and they can't hurt me.

My uncle died of a heart attack last winter and it was so sudden...and I was really close to him.....it's still hard today to really move on and not feel sad and angry about it, but what helps me go through it is expressing myself and talking to my family and friends.

We all have different ways of expressing our feelings and it applies to losing a loved one as well. I can only imagine how it must feel to lose a father and truly I'm sorry.

Expressing how you feel is very important, feeling angry, lonely, sad, empty are all comon emotions of grief. It's important to seek out help and talk to someone about it. You shouldn't hide your feelings and face them alone. Expressing them will make you feel better, cry if you must, punch walls if you must, scream if you must but you will feel better venting out these emotions . It is very hard and the sadness might never dissapear, but understanding your emotions, facing them and accepting them and what has happened will. And take your time...moving on takes time and you shouldn't feel confused or shocked after 5 years that the sadness is still there, it's normal. Just take the steps necessary and when you're ready, you can let go of your grief *hugs*

Good luck and don't forget to talk to people, don't hesitate, it really helps.

Latest posts

Back