Something that really piss's me off

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
Today I was talking to someone at the hopstial and he just happened to be a black guy and we started to talk about racism he said said something to me about how I don't understand racism at all. I told him that I am willing to bet I understand and have had to deal with racism much more then him(I am a white male btw). So we ended up getting into a pretty good debate. I think at the end I had conviced him I was right.

So just a bit of a recap of what I had said was. Just this year a buddy of mine got rejected from pharmacy school he had a 4.0GPA scored very well on his PACT think he said 95th percentile he scored a 27 on his ACT and had 500 hours of pharmacy experince and 2 pharmasicst recomandtions. Now another person I know she had a 3.2 GPA score only alright on here PACT had a 20 ACT and NO pharmacy experince and only 1 recomandation. Now messed up part is she got in. Why was this well my friend happens to be a white male she was a female hispanic. Is this fair in any way hell no it should be purely based on the best people get in not based on your skin color or sex.

The other thing I talked to guy about was how much harder college has been for me then another guy I know. My friend is a black male we have been friends for a long time and started college togther we pretty much come from excat same sitiations. Now throughout all of college I have done better then he as I have a 4.0GPA and take harder class's he has barely a 3.0 messed up part is I have been able to get very few scholorships and have had to work my but off while going to school. Him well school has pretty much been a free ride for him he gets enough in scholorships and goverment money to not have to work and have school 100% payed for. Now how is this fair is he more needy of the goverment money then me? Nope we pretty much are same there. So does he deserve it more then me? Nope again if was to be off how hard we work well I get better grades and I am going into a much more needed field then him but he gets it because his skin is black and I am white.

Josh,

I think that Affirmative Action in this day and age is pretty unfair most of the time. As a white person, I'm 'SUPPOSED" to have all this white privilege, but growing up white and poor in a rich town, I felt a lot of shame about it and got ZERO scholarships, even though I was a straight A student in my undergrad. Pissed me off, too!

Affirmative Action is justice in action. Of course my defination of justice is revenge and you guys are just caught in the path. However people in your same situation did this to people who had less then you and its suppose to counter balance it by making you feel it forcibly through law. I would say all this has done is repeated it however still a majority of people in the high end positions are white anyway. So the token minority taking a job here and their is fair in an unfair way. Hell the people who probibly passed the affirmative action legislation were white anyway so really white people have only themselves to blame for racism yet again. White people are acting racist toward themselves. And even then theirs still things white people dont feel.

I only had one day in a Chicano studies class that I was walking in on but ill do my best to quote the professor. A white person has the ability to believe in racial sensitive causes without feeling motivated personal gain. You have the ability to not have the color of your skin attached to title wrong name but i cant think of it but heres an example. You said you had a black friend. When you look at a white guy do you think he is just a guy or a white guy.

And this I will take from my slice of life growing up with white kids. I was constantly asked as an on going joke why dont I act "black" they were of course talking about ghetto culture which is not the only black culture. However it was constant and annoying. You have the opprotunity to take from any culture. However I act like a gamer and a geek dont speak in a particular slang or where baggy cloths and it is a constant subject. So enjoy your mild racism because it can get worse. I dont blame you for being upset we were.

frey12 said:
Affirmative Action is justice in action. Of course my defination of justice is revenge and you guys are just caught in the path. However people in your same situation did this to people who had less then you and its suppose to counter balance it by making you feel it forcibly through law. I would say all this has done is repeated it however still a majority of people in the high end positions are white anyway. So the token minority taking a job here and their is fair in an unfair way. Hell the people who probibly passed the affirmative action legislation were white anyway so really white people have only themselves to blame for racism yet again. White people are acting racist toward themselves. And even then theirs still things white people dont feel.

I only had one day in a Chicano studies class that I was walking in on but ill do my best to quote the professor. A white person has the ability to believe in racial sensitive causes without feeling motivated personal gain. You have the ability to not have the color of your skin attached to title wrong name but i cant think of it but heres an example. You said you had a black friend. When you look at a white guy do you think he is just a guy or a white guy.

And this I will take from my slice of life growing up with white kids. I was constantly asked as an on going joke why dont I act "black" they were of course talking about ghetto culture which is not the only black culture. However it was constant and annoying. You have the opprotunity to take from any culture. However I act like a gamer and a geek dont speak in a particular slang or where baggy cloths and it is a constant subject. So enjoy your mild racism because it can get worse. I dont blame you for being upset we were.

Hmm you bring up some pretty intresting points. I want to start off with I said I have a black friend. Well yes I do see him as black since that is what he is. It doesn't change a thing about him though I mean I have 2 indian friends and a few mexican friends too. The color of skin doesn't matter at all to me but I am not going to not say their color if I am talking to someone about them if it matters. Like for example say I am telling someone to go over to that black guy I probaly would say that since it is an easy way to identfy him. Now say I am introducing one of my friends to a coworker I would say this is my friend Ben and thats it not like I am going to say this is my black friend Ben or something. Don't know if thats makes 100% sense but hopefully it does.

You talk about revenge well yes that is what affirmative Action is the problem with that is how long exactly is it supposed to last and if it lasts to long shouldn't we then reverse it once again since if white people are oppresed for too long then it should be thier chance to get revenge back on the people that oppressed them so pretty much the cycle should always just keep someone oppressed.

That is why I think there is some much wrong with affirmative action. In order to get rid of racism forever we can't contiune with something like affirmative action that is built on racism. We need to try and have real equality.

Ill start this off by saying im going to be repeating myself a lot because you didnt pay attention to my reply entirely.

Like for example say I am telling someone to go over to that black guy

My original statement on this particular issue was that if you saw a white guy would you say go over to that guy or would you say go over to that white guy. Saying that yes something so minor as a minor attachment as a color or ethnicity is something small but it is an affect of racism. And yes it is just stating to the obvious but thats how racism starts. Then it leads to ignoring other things.

if white people are oppresed for too long then it should be thier chance to get revenge back on the people that oppressed them

in my original post I told you the people who got legistlation past were white people. The only people oppressing you is your own people. Get revenge on the goverment I dont care I dont particularly like the goverment but the minorities in goverment positions are few.

We need to try and have real equality.

I dont agree with affirmative action either, but i also know idealism when I see it. Saying it is real easy actually doing something about it is hard. So until theirs a clean slate and every single human above 2 years old is taken out and not taught racism to get go. It is just something I accept because 60 year isnt a great stride for this country.

frey12 said:
Ill start this off by saying im going to be repeating myself a lot because you didnt pay attention to my reply entirely.

Like for example say I am telling someone to go over to that black guy

My original statement on this particular issue was that if you saw a white guy would you say go over to that guy or would you say go over to that white guy. Saying that yes something so minor as a minor attachment as a color or ethnicity is something small but it is an affect of racism. And yes it is just stating to the obvious but thats how racism starts. Then it leads to ignoring other things.

Ah I see how what I missed now but in that circumstance I would most likely say like over by that white guy if I wanted to tell them over by a white guy. I mean unless it was like a super tall guy or fat guy then I probaly would say that instead but same would go for black if there was a fat black guy I would probaly just say over by that fat guy.

if white people are oppresed for too long then it should be thier chance to get revenge back on the people that oppressed them

in my original post I told you the people who got legistlation past were white people. The only people oppressing you is your own people. Get revenge on the goverment I dont care I dont particularly like the goverment but the minorities in goverment positions are few.

Oh that is true really good point there so I guess thats just kind of messed up that we are oppresing our selfs but hey I have always hated the goverment so just more reason now.

We need to try and have real equality.

I dont agree with affirmative action either, but i also know idealism when I see it. Saying it is real easy actually doing something about it is hard. So until theirs a clean slate and every single human above 2 years old is taken out and not taught racism to get go. It is just something I accept because 60 year isnt a great stride for this country.

Hmm true but it's nice to hear that you can understand my frustration atleast it is refreshing to have someone understand that atleast.

Oh hey I bolded my responces just to make it easier to read.

Latest posts

Back