Completely cured my anxiety, but now I have another problem!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChRoNoxThexDon

Reaction score
Well, about 2 years ago I suffered a death in the family.. my brother who I grew up with my whole life died of cancer at the young age of only 35... after this happend I became what I like to call "Terminally depressed" .. I ended up losing my job because I didn't want to leave my bed and be out in the world, I just wanted my brother to come back... Sooner or later I started forcing myself to get up out of bed and by this time I was still very depressed but not enough anymore to make me completely immobilized, I also found myself to be INCREDIBLY anxious dealing with severe anxiety all throughout my days dealing with CONSTANT panic attacks. Especially in social situations... So a friend of mine convinced me to go see a psychologist who eventually referred me to a pyschiatrist who I began to see regularly...This doctor must have put me on and I must have tried every drug out there from zoloft to paxil, prozac, celexa, buspar, klonopin, and most recently xanax which I'm still on.

NONE of these meds worked for me... the depression, anxiety, and worst of all-panic attacks continued. Eventually, desperate, I began scouring the web for answers and I eventually came across this site .. (*$67.95 link removed*) .. which is this program to cure anxiety/panic attacks for good all naturally.. To make a long story short, it worked incredibly for me.. my anxiety is gone, depression as well almost all but gone, and I haven't had a panic attack in over a month. I do though from time to time still feel sorrow over my brother. However, this is my problem: I'm still taking my xanax because I'm completely ADDICTED.. when I try to stop taking it I start going through incredible withdrawls mentally and physically... If I would have known of this addiction problem I would have never allowed my doctor to put me on them. Has anyone else suffered from benzo addiction and if so, know how to safely get off it with minimal side effects?? Please any advice/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Chronox, as someone who has been on just about every antidepressant known to man and several anti-anxiety drugs, I can empathize. This might sound like an overly simplistic answer, but you need to talk to your doctor about weaning off. I've never had an addiction to xanax because my prescription was honestly never enough that xanax did anything for me, but if you let him know what's going on he should be able to help you decrease the dose in the least unpleasant way possible.

I take klonopin for my panic disorder.... I know what you mean by the withdrawals when you try to come off them.. pretty scary. I have been on them for about 10 years now.. and would like to wean off. To do it properly could take upwards of 6 months! not looking forward to it.....

YOu need to taper it off gradually mate, cutting down bit by bit not just stopping all at once. But like other people said it takes time and you should speak to your doctor and sort out a plan for it.(No personal experience but know ppl that have had addictions to valium, etc)

Latest posts

Back