Racism Is Very Well Alive...F***Ing Bullies...Curse Them To Hell...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

When I look at my 13-year old brother, I see a broken, tormented, younger me. I know the pain that my family feels when they try to help me, but can't. This pain, I am familiar with, because it is what I feel when I try to help my youngest brother, and fail each time.

My older brother and I will work together to try to cheer him up, but he responds only either with silence, "yes" or "no". I encouraged him to join Cadets - he was bullied shortly after and will not be returning.
Recently, he was registered for guitar lessons in hopes that it would spark a passion in him, but it did not. I have watched him act towards others - like me - nice, friendly, gentle...but people reject or push him away.
Simply put, they just don't like him.

While my older brother and I are close to him, he did not really "grow up" with us since we both moved out while he was young. He is very secretive...won't say anything more than a sentence. I didn't find out about the ******** until I saw a bunch of those *******, racist, useless, trash, maggot-sucking, poorly-parented CHILDREN bragging on his Facetrash wall about how they punched him in the hallway this morning just now. As expected from our quality generation of "children of the future", they also joked about how he is likely/ and should commit suicide, and called him a faggot. I wouldn't be surprised if they also found it funny that our father died while we were young. My lil brother did not answer my phone call (as always), so I sent him a message there and am going to visit him tomorrow after he is (hopefully) well-rested.

These bullies...they look like kids. Hell, they are kids! Kids are so cruel!
People tend to overlook kid bullies, but these kid bullies grow up to be adult bullies who fresia your livelihood should you have the misfortune of ever working with them.

Other than my older brother and me, talking to the rest of my family is like talking to a brick wall. They try to have it laid out to us that it is normal to be bullied because:

"Everyone here looks down on Chinese people."
"Even Chinese don't like Chinese."
"People help their own people first."
"In the West, they hate us."
"Don't even try to befriend or date Western people. They only know how to use us...they always go to their own people in the end."
(The dating bit - sorry - I kind of agree)
"We were bullied too...no big deal."
"It's a part of growing up."

No wonder my brothers and I never turned to them for help, because they don't understand. From personal experience, informing the teachers does nothing but simply give them extra paperwork to add to their records about you and put you on watch. The bullies may get suspended for a day or two, but it doesn't prevent them from bullying you inside/ outside of the school areas, harassing you when you're alone, or even make up for the horrific pang of loneliness as you watch your peers enjoy their youth while you are suffering at a distance by yourself.
Even the teachers - they tire of hearing from you again and again.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning where my older brother and I will show up on his doorstep like vengeful, blood-thirsty wolves.

He's quite co-operative...:) (Or possibly scared of us)

Buttt...

#1. We're going to force his ass to the gym to work out. Build some muscle on his scrawny self and learn self-defense.

^^^ While it would be great to have him knock out his bullies old-school style, it doesn't work that way. Kids nowadays get their hands on guns, knives and travel in packs. All I can imagine, is my little brother being circled and his head smashed into the ground. He has a device in his brain (I forgot what it's called), that keeps the blood flowing. If he hurts his head...I don't know if he'll live. The doctors said he would be handicapped, but he is completely healthy - they said it was a miracle.
******* nurse dropped him...******* butter-fingered b**ch!!!
Gave my mom PTSD!!! FUUUUUUUUUCCCC-

#2. I'm going to see what else is happening from him directly; I'll fight him (I'll sit on him, or something) to get the information out at this point. Try the teachers, have my older brother try the brats or maybe switch schools. What I have noticed in bullying cases is that if you put it to the media, the kids tend to back off because even *they*, care about how the rest of the public perceives them. Anyone hear about the bullied Drayton Valley 13-year old boy who showed up on Oprah? Suddenly his classmates "realized that bullying is bad"...OHEMGEE! RLY???

#3. He will occasionally state things like "I wish I weren't Chinese...I wish I were _________" I'm sure you know which race goes in the blank, but my resentful me is going to leave it as is. Keep it to yourself. It isn't because that race is superior, but rather, it is natural to want to "belong" or "fit in" with the others, otherwise you are an outcast and suffer. It took me a long time to realize that it isn't my race that is the problem; it's the prejudice of others.

Now, a suggestion we received from our family doctor was for us to "hang out" with the Chinese community to try to develop friendships. I quickly learned that, well, with us not learning Mandarin or Cantonese (we speak something else)...even the Chinese people look down at us.
We're a bunch of ******* outcasts I tell you! Outcasts!

"Really? You don't speak Chinese and you call yourself a Chinese?"
"What kind of Chinese are you?!"
-insert snobbish, dirty look here-
-group of FOBs collect together, and snicker while looking at you-

FFS...even in China, I could see the disapproving looks on their faces when I spoke in English to them. I refuse to work in front-line positions, otherwise all the Chinese people line up for me, insult me for not speaking Chinese when uh, national languages of Canada are English and French.

But anyway...

fresia the world and I want blood!!! 8D

Move to BC, he'd fit right in.
Lots of asians :p.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun, I love em :p.
(Literally . . many of the girls I've liked in the past were asian :D)

I can't imagine how terrible it is to be bullied all the time.
I've had a few mean words said . . but all of my classmates were nice.

I don't know, I'm not sure your best bet would be switching schools . . as he'd be the 'new kid' . .
Self Defense classes is a good idea . . also teaching him to defend himself verbally would be a better idea.
If he's a shy kid . . he may not be that great :p.

I duno, just be there for him when he needs you.
You sound like a really good sister :).

Hope I helped,

My mom is planning to next year and will be taking him (he's the favourite).
Hopefully it will help.
The Asians here...the ones I've encountered anyway, frown on you if you do not speak their language.
Hope that it's better over there...maybe. <.<

Luna said:
My mom is planning to next year and will be taking him (he's the favourite).
Hopefully it will help.
The Asians here...the ones I've encountered anyway, frown on you if you do not speak their language.
Hope that it's better over there...maybe. <.<

Hmm, well i'm white, so I wouldn't know :p.
But there's lots of 'white washed' asians here.
I duno, my school was literally half asian . . if not more :p.
There were some asian kids who just stayed with other asian kids, but the majority of the students mingled.
I guarantee that if he comes here . . he will find asian friends.
There were the 'FOBs' also.
They sometimes annoyed me lol.
But there was no like . . racial discrimination.
Perhaps it was because I went to a Christian school.
Everyone was all crazy for Jesus, :p.

Sorry, but that's not for me ;).

Edit: sorry, wayy off topic :p.

Teach him to stand up for himself. If he joins a program, he should be able to enjoy it just like everyone else. And if anyone tries to stop him from enjoying it, then they should be miserable too. One thing I'm so thankful my mom taught me how to do was stand up for myself, and for what I think is right. It's not about having a bad attitude, or being a horrible person. But more, don't let people walk all over you. Because people only to do you what you allow them to do. Don't allow them to treat you like a doormat, and they won't. They can't.

I think it would be a good idea to get him into martial arts. :) No one would fresia with him if he had a black-belt. :D

This is why I feel that schools should come down HARD and FAST on kids who bully others. There should be a policy in place that sets specific punishments for bullying. You can't depend on the parents to take care of the issue either - some parents today, have very little control over their teens - at times, kids will do what they will do, no matter WHAT the parents do or say. So, if they bully others, and aren't allowed to attend school, at least the person being pullied can have a safe haven while at school. I suppose there is a very fine line between "teasing" and "bullying." I know that kids tease each other a lot...but there DOES need to be some sort of line drawn. As many teens that kill themselves from being bullied in school, you'd think that SOMEONE would have already handled this issue. It's very disturbing.

I am a white man.
And I hate racism. In my line of work, I deal with white suprimacist morons on a regular basis. They annoy me and piss me off. But I have noticed that racism knows no ethnic limits. I once worked for a black man who was proud about how he got rid of white people. I'm still here. He got demoted and moved. My ex is Hispanic and her family does't think she's "Mexican" enough.
My son was bullied a couple of years ago. He is small for his age and is a bright, kind hearted boy. It pissed me off in a big way. My father, a reired public school administrator, "visited" with my son's principal, and "suggested" that the school handle the problem. My son was not bullied after that. Amazing what shining a light on a problem will do.
My counsel to my son was if you're pushed down, get up and ask if that's all they got. I told him that if you're hit, hit them back, we'll find something to do if you get suspended. Bullies do their work on those who don't fight back. My daughter also asked him if he wanted her to go and open a can of whup ass on the bullies. Sibling support always helps.

Ms. Luna, stand by your brother. That
will help the most. You strike me as highly intelligent and perceptive. And I'm sure little brother is as well. Teach him to stand and teach him to think and he will be fine.

By the way, alonewanderer you say
"...it all ******* sucks in texas*"

:b
I am southern by birth, and TEXAN by the grace of God...
:)

Hi-
Luna, your recounting of your and your brothers' experiences make me angry too. I don't call it bullying, I call it abuse, because that's what it is.
I think you're on the right track with getting him involved in self-defense training. It will just take one time with him going bat-honeysuckle crazy on his abusers and they will leave him alone. I was abused a few times in school and when I fought (yes, fought - with boys) back, it stopped and I wasn't a victim anymore. If this girly-girl can fight back, so can your brother.
As for the abuse on facebook? Let's out the abusers. Just a thought - If you're comfy with it, send me the names of the putrid abusers and let's get a campaign going to bring the cockroaches out into the light to their families, friends, community.
I'm thinking about you & your family - do keep us posted.

Teresa

its such a same that these other kids are raised in an enviornment where they grow up and act like this. why arent they being taught that this is not ok?

edgecrusher said:
its such a same that these other kids are raised in an enviornment where they grow up and act like this. why arent they being taught that this is not ok?

Adults do it too. It's just called abuse instead of bullying...

Racism and prejudice has become so common among our society, that it taints the goodness inside everyone to the point of utter destruction and hatred. Thus making society as a whole infected with it's evil and ignorance. This infection has been around since the time when man could intelligently think about himself and others. Although it is to my understanding and witness that there is not a cure in sight, there never has, and this vile plague will worsen till it runs though every vain, every artery, and every organ of the body of society. Once it violently settles into the once mostly good of society, it will die, and the bonds of friendship and companionship between races, countries, and people's will be shattered and forgotten, and the world will be in chaos, with everyone fighting against one another for what ever reason they have decided to accept in their minds. This is the day the earth will die. This is the day that mankind will no longer be able to stand as one.

Reading your story, I don't know much else to say but ask a question: Are you absolutely sure this is about racism or is your younger brother just a weaker person?

Calm said:
Reading your story, I don't know much else to say but ask a question: Are you absolutely sure this is about racism or is your younger brother just a weaker person?

........... Just no..............

I don't know what Calm meant, but it could be understood, that Luna's brother is just that kind of person that is quiet, not physically strong and perhaps a bit withdrawn. One that won't stand up. And would thus be bullied almost anywhere in the world in almost any society. Not that he's worth any less. But I see that kids unfortunately like to pick on others and they'd choose an attribute that stands out the most. In this case race. But it could very well be clothes, protruding ears or something else.

Oh, and, self-defense/martial arts sounds like a good idea to me. Could also give him a schnellkurs in verbally abusing the offenders and just generally being badass. :p

Im really sorry to hear what your brother is going through. Kids are definatly cruel and im suprised that they would act racist towards him. I thought society was getting over that but I guess not. I too want blood

texlost said:
Matej said:
, and, self-defen Could also give him a schnellkurs in verbally abusing the offenders and just generally being badass. :p

Schnellkurs?
Apparently that's called "crash course" in English. Schnellkurs is German and I didn't know what is it in English and was too lazy to look it up. No, I don't speak German, but that word is just cool. :p Ok, to me, at least.

Matej said:
I don't know what Calm meant, but it could be understood, that Luna's brother is just that kind of person that is quiet, not physically strong and perhaps a bit withdrawn. One that won't stand up. And would thus be bullied almost anywhere in the world in almost any society. Not that he's worth any less. But I see that kids unfortunately like to pick on others and they'd choose an attribute that stands out the most. In this case race. But it could very well be clothes, protruding ears or something else.

Oh, and, self-defense/martial arts sounds like a good idea to me. Could also give him a schnellkurs in verbally abusing the offenders and just generally being badass. :p

+1

(((((((((((((Luna))))))))))))))

Hey there fellow Asian girl...
Your story is heartbreaking. :(

I was fortunate enough to grow up in very diverse places...my elementary school had people of all colors; my high school was almost 50% Asian, most Asian-Americans rather than recent immigrants. It's scary to think how different my experience could have been.

Still, it wasn't without a good dose of identity crisis, including wishing I was white at times...and if I went through all that in a supportive environment, it horrifies me to think of what kids like your brother are going through.

Just the other day, though, I actually stormed into ALL chat after someone yelled "KONNICHIWA!" at me while I was out running in the neighborhood. Relatively mild, but even that infuriated me.

Anyway, is there an Asian-Canadian community that you guys can get involved with? Because you're right, you and your brothers aren't as Chinese as you are Canadian. It's a careful balance and a unique experience for children of immigrants. Our parents will never truly understand because they'll always think of themselves as being "from" somewhere else.

I hope your brother can get it figured out! I don't think he'll be able to *stop* the bullying (unless you move, like Sean suggested), but at the very least I hope that he'll be able to not let it mess with his head too much.

Feel free to PM me -- I used to do peer mentoring for Asian-American students too. :p

Latest posts

Back