My first thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinister

Reaction score
I feel really lonely sometimes. I think. I mean I always tell myself that I like being alone but, to be honest, if it was a choice between being by myself in my room or going out somewhere, ANYWHERE, I'd defintely choose to go out just so I'm actually doing something with someone.

I find it hard to make friends and I used to have literally no self-confidence (I couldn't even go into a shop on my own lol) but I'm slowly starting to build up my confidence and I can now quite easily have a conversation with someone. The thing is, I think I still have low-self esteem. I don't think much of myself and I think I assume others will think the same. I never know how much to get to know someone; like I've just started college and I've met a few new people but I never know how much I should push the friendship. Should I constantly sit next to them? Should I make conversation? I think I just always assume they won't like me so I don't bother. Plus, I'm very judgemental and cautious of other people and I rarely fully trust someone.

What do I do?

(ps. Hi. I'm new.)

Welcome :D.

I don't see why you wouldn't continue sitting next to them.
If you're friends, you can safely assume that they enjoy your company :D.
From what you've written, you sound like a nice person. I don't see why someone wouldn't want to talk to you :p.

Best of luck :).

Hi Sinister, welcome to the forums

You say that your confidence and your conversation skills are improving. That's great! You're definitely on the right track. I know it can feel a little discouraging when starting college. Everything is new, you don't know anyone. It's a little scary. But it's the same for most people. You say you've already met some people and that's a great start. Of course you should talk to them and sit next to them if you want to. Friendships rarely form over a day, so don't get discouraged. The important thing is that you never stop trying. Don't withdraw from others, even if you don't know what to talk about. Relax, be yourself and always sit down next to others and you'll see it will become easier and easier as you become more familiar with eachother

Good luck ^^

Latest posts

Back