It's not a thread - it's a greeting!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scorpio

Hi guys!

I have just stumbled across this site tonight. Kind of feeling a bit down because I've just moved back to New Zealand from London, after 2 1/2 years, & I've left my (New Zealand) boyfriend behind while he keeps on working there for a while longer (maybe a year). Am staying with my parents & it's nice to see them, but I'm itching to get back to the city where I usually live further south, which means looking for a place to live & finiding a new job. It's all a bit daunting. I'm sure things have changed since I left & I'm feel a bit overwhelmed.

Just thought I would look up 'loneliness' on the net & look what I found - it's nice to know this website is out here, even though it means that other people aren't necessarily having the best time. I hope this message finds at least some of you in a good frame of mind. This site has certainly got me thinking about some of the posts I have read here so far, & I hope you're all waking up from sweet dreams.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents - it was meant to be a greeting but I kinda waffled on & freaked out about being alone. Sorry about that! Hope to hear from some of you - I'd love to meet some new online friends (especially from the USA - hey, I was just there for a month too so I might even know where you live - muhahaha!) & I'd be happy to listen/to talk to anyone else wanting the same. Hope you're all having a decent week.

Toni xxxx

Hey there! Welcome! What a jolly fellow we have here! =)

NZ from London, eh? That ought to be quite a change in weather, huh? Hehe ;) I think we only got the poles left to fill in to this place now! Anyway, i'm sure You'll be able to have a great time here, not to leave out the enhancing stuff that might be coming soon. ;)

Have a nice day, now! =)

Hey Scorpio,

I'm one too! I would LOVE to live in London or New Zealand, but alas I'm stuck here in the belly of the beast--Washington DC, aka Bush's Empire. :-(

How's life?

Hey Robin - Thanks for the nice greeting :) Yep, big weather change going back to New Zealand from London, especially since it's winter in NZ right now! :) Gotta get out all the warm winter woolies & try not to get depressed about the cold. However, I can think of worse places to be I guess. Am sure I'll feel better once I have my new place to live & job sorted out. No worries (hopefully *gritting teeth*)! I appreciate the warm welcome here anyway :)

Hi Blue Sky - thanks for the welcome too. It's nice to see that I'm not invisible (don't you hate that when you try to make friends somewhere & no one bothers to talk to you) - I feel a lot better already :)

Heya bjarne - thanks for moving my thread to the new users area. I should have paid more attention - I'm sounding like such a newbie & I didn't even check to see if there was an FAQ or anything. I guess it's just nice to meet new people but maybe I'm losing my mind (more than usual). It's interesting to read what you all have to say so I look forward to checking this site out more often :)

Hi lonelygirl - how are you? Great to hear from you! I'm doing OK - have my off & on moments but will feel more settled in a few weeks when I find a new place to live. And find a job - I guess that's kind of stressful too. Perhaps it's the possibility of stress that actually stresses me out more, so I'm doing a good job about forgetting about it when I can (because maybe it won't be that bad - I'm hoping). At least I still have a couple of good friends where I'm moving to (Christchurch) but they have all bought houses outside of the city since I left, so they're a bit further away now. Am sure I will cope :) Not sure how you would find London for living - it's fun for a while but too expensive, & it rains a lot :) New Zealand is pretty nice if you like the outdoors though. I just went to DC on my way back from London (about 7 weeks ago now) - it was SO hot, but fantastic! I got really sunburnt one day though. I loved all the historical buildings the most, but was quite impressed with the National Mall area & all the monuments. It's quite a pretty place actually - Georgetown was nice too. We stayed up near Adams-Morgan somewhere - great up there too. I was nicely surprised by DC actually, regardless of whether good-old-George is home or not :) What part of DC do you live in? How are you doing?

Thanks guys, see I'm babbling away already. Guess it doesn't take much to get me going sometimes but it's really great to have some people to chat to. I hope you're all doing OK on your various parts of the planet :)

Haha, You'll be surprised how much we can go on in here without even changing subject. ;) If You like to chat away You've really come to the right place!

Latest posts

Back