Saving a girl years of pain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
Yeah, so my baby sister's been in the hospital for about four days now and yesterday she was moved to a room with a preteen girl. I was standing in for my mother when I overheard the doctor on the other side of the curtain talk about a certain disease that I've had for four years now (not getting into what the disease is). Anyway, it turns out she and I have the same illness and I heard how the girl was always nauseous and having stomach pain. Having been through all that and learning a few tricks to feeling comfort, I wrote the girl an anonymous letter with advice on how to ease and prevent the discomfort, signed it with a fake name, and gave it to the nurse to give to her. I don't know if she ever read the letter or took it to heart, but I felt pretty good having given an effort to put my knowledge of my disease to good use. I never thought that getting sick would actually prove to be a good thing.

Later on, the nurse came to meet me, saying the nurses read the letter (to make sure it was age-appropriate) and they were amazed that someone would do such a kind thing (really? It just seemed like the right thing to do...). The same nurse had my sister's case today and kind of just looks at me with a lot of respect and kindness. That pretty much adds to my good feeling.

Sure, I'm still alone and without an ounce of a social life, but I think being good to someone when no one else will gives me something good to think about and carry with me throughout the day. Even something as simple as giving up a dollar (that I was probably going to use to buy junk food anyway) to a homeless guy or giving someone directions when everyone else is ignoring him are things that make me feel happy for an instant. :shy:

Aww, you are adorable. ^_^

I don't think you should have faked your name. Maybe some nickname. But nothing like "Doubt the Rabbit" in a letter like that, haha. XD

This reminded me when I gave 5 dollars to a homeless woman that seemed to try to make a conversation with me whenever I passed around there. That also reminds me that I never got a chance to give her all my cents. I have 21 dollars in cents that I collected and wanted to give it to her. XD That also reminded me that my mom keep stealing me cents. :O And reminded me also that she paid me back my 20 dollars... XD

Blah, blah, blah~ XD

That's awesome you would do that. I'm proud of you. Every human being should try to allieviate the pain/suffering of their fellow men. Good on you!

If I wanted to save a girl years of pain, I'd just stay away from her.

*SELF-PITY!!!*

lol

Anyway... good job, DTR. :) Prouda yous.

Sean said:
That was very kind of you!
:shy:

Nyu001 said:
Aww, you are adorable. ^_^

I don't think you should have faked your name. Maybe some nickname. But nothing like "Doubt the Rabbit" in a letter like that, haha. XD

This reminded me when I gave 5 dollars to a homeless woman that seemed to try to make a conversation with me whenever I passed around there. That also reminds me that I never got a chance to give her all my cents. I have 21 dollars in cents that I collected and wanted to give it to her. XD That also reminded me that my mom keep stealing me cents. And reminded me also that she paid me back my 20 dollars... XD

Blah, blah, blah~ XD
Giving a nickname didn't cross my mind. :shy: I ended up calling myself "Nicolette" because I heard someone say Nick.

And about your cents, 20 down, 1 to go, right? :p

SophiaGrace said:
That's awesome you would do that. I'm proud of you. Every human being should try to allieviate the pain/suffering of their fellow men. Good on you!
Thank you for the good wishes :shy:

PurpleDays said:
Random Act of Kindness :)
I think more people in my neighborhood should try it :D

Badjedidude said:
If I wanted to save a girl years of pain, I'd just stay away from her.

*SELF-PITY!!!*

lol

Anyway... good job, DTR. :) Prouda yous.
Aw, come now! You'd make an awesome friend. An awesome jedi friend of super special awesomeness :p I'm surprised you're not so swamped with popularity that you have no time for us silly online people ;)

alonewanderer said:
awww doubt, your feel good story made me feel good mate , makes me remember that there are still some good people in this world.
I'm glad my story gave you some happiness :shy: There are good people in this world, even if they're hard to find. I think this forum has an accumulation of them ^_^ Now let's just divide and conquer.

((Rabbit)) You're such a good person. I'm sure many will look at you with respect as your years go on...You deserve it.

Nina said:
((Rabbit)) You're such a good person. I'm sure many will look at you with respect as your years go on...You deserve it.
Thank you :shy: You always have something kind to say. You're a great person!:)

DTR.. Some folks in the world, always seem ready to kick, disagree or ignore another human. I'm a human investigator who searches out the best I see in others and then openly speaks about it. Those same folks still ignore, disagree or kick me but kindness becomes it's own shield after awhile and beyond the pain of those other folk's mean ways and words, I have the benefits of hearing new thoughts, opinions and making new friends. I've never once thought I was, "a great person" for doing it...Some days I do think I'm sort of brave though, cause it goes against the societal grain, in some places...:p

Rabbit, that's so sweet of you! I'm glad someone out there is doing the right thing. :)

I hope the best for you and your sister!

It's the small kindnesses that make life worth living.

Those that we receive as well as those that we give.

*HUGS-FOR-DTR*

Latest posts

Back