Got Any Ghost Stories?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
Hi-
Seems like there was a thread similar to this recently...
I was watching some cable shows on "ghost hunters" and paranormal experiences and, of course, Halloween is coming soon-
I volunteered for a few years at the Historic City Cemetery here in Sacramento. I gardened and took care of some of the old plots. The Cemetery is mostly Gold-Rush era with some local movers and shakers buried there. The grounds are fantastically beautiful with Victorian-style gardens and the city does docent-led tours there. I liked working there a lot. There is a huge mausoleum with the name "Watt" on it. Word is, if the mausoleum was built today, it would cost $250,000 to build. I often worked in that area and a few times, I thought I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye on the path behind it. Of course, when I turned to see who was there, nothing was there. I'm not one to say I believe in ghosts but I think there is or was something there.

Ok, who's next??

Teresa

One time, a mother was making dinner and there was no more butter. So, she asked her son to go down in the basement and get some. He tried to, but ran back upstairs screaming. The mother asked what was wrong, and he cried " I went to grab the butter and I heard a voice moan " butter butter, dont touch the butter". So, the mother asked her daugher to do it. She had the same experience ! A voice told her to not touch the butter. The dad gets really pissed off. He goes and gets the butter and ignores the voice. Everyone but the Dad was really afraid and would not eat any butter. The dad, however, ate so much butter he almost got sick and had to go to bed early. Then next morning everyone woke up- but where is DAD ? They found him...turned inside out with body parts everywhere...and the butter was GONE

Yeah, corny :p

That is what I used to tell the kids when I would babysit. It is really only scary or funny to a 10 yr old :D

I don't really have a story, but supposedly the music building at my university is haunted by a woman in black who plays the university's HUGE pipe organ late at night every now and then.

Seriously.

I've never stayed in the building to see if it's true... but I kinda want to. :p

Well, Badjedidude, you should stay late in the building on Halloween to see if the lady in black shows up! :p

Teresa

I've seen this thread before and meant to post but never got around. I have had a few ghostly experiences.
The earliest one I had my dad told me about can't remember it tough. I was 3 at the time and I refused to sleep in my bedroom, my dad said that many nights I would cry and tell them there is a man in my room. My dad believes it could have been a ghost as sometimes it felt like there was a presence when my parents came into the room. We moved after living there for about an year.

Many of the other experiences I had was in the house my grandparents lived in. There was a family murder that happened in that house and some weird things happend in that house. I use to sleep in the livingroom when I slept over, and many nights the livingroom light would switch on by it self. I would get up to turn of the light and as soon as I was lying down again the light would turn on. Sometimes I just left the light on. One evening I was watching movies untill late, while watching I became aware of a presence in the doorway. I was too scared to do anything, I just sat there pray for it to go away. After a few minutes it was gone. Another time my cousin and I was sleeping over we where lying in bed every thing was of and it was rather dark. While talking I saw a hand over me I thought it was my cousins, when I wanted to push her hand away mine went right through. I told my cousin to turn on the light as I was freaked out once she did I told her about the hand, she was peeved that I send her to switch on the light and was freaked out. We slept with the light on that night.

Have a few more but that's it for now.

No stories, just some scary things that happened in my old, creepy three storey house. Plates falling and smashing in the kitchen. Things being moved around the house. Heavy breathing in empty rooms. Loud stomping up and down the stairs. My little sister's hair being pulled.

Scary stuff if you were a little sissy boy :p

Oh man, spooky stories. Punisher that sounds awesome, I almost would like to experience a place like that, albeit temporarily :p

We have a new duty station where we station an EMT now, all by our lonesome when we're there because that particular area utilizes volunteer drivers for the time being. It's not an old building, so I don't see that it would be haunted, but in spite of this I've had some interesting experiences. Aside from the usual bumps and creaks of a settling building or of the boiler coming on, -several- times now I have heard doors open and close out in the hallway. The problem with this is that I go out and find nobody there, and no EVIDENCE of somebody being there.

No snowy or even wet foot prints, not even inside the front door. No car tracks outside, nothing. But I know how those doors sound and it's very distinctive, beyond an 'I think I might have heard a sound' phenomenon. It's more like, I KNOW the doors are opening and closing, I just don't know who or what is causing it.

A couple of times out of sheer boredom I got a little silly and started yodeling in the truck bay, or singing silly songs in the hall very loudly. Sometimes I wonder if that sort of behavior when alone doesn't draw the attention of things we can't quite see if conditions are right. I don't feel there's been scientific proof of ghosts or of many other spiritual phenomena yet. But I do think there are sufficient encounters/experiences of hauntings and other paranormal events (NDEs being the most interesting to me) that it's appropriate to suspect something we haven't yet been able to ferret out with the tools we have.

Creepy!!! I don't have any myself but I find ghost stories interesting. I love to read about them around halloween, there are some really spooky ones out there. There are a few in my area here, the old jail is haunted, prisoners where buried on site (though I think the bodies were eventually moved) and was the site of Canada's last hanging. It's believed that the ghosts are mainly prisoners still trapped in the jail, as well there are the typical cold drafts and feelings of being watched. There have also been reports of footsteps and the laughter of children, a few of the buildings were used by the Children's Aid Society after the jail was closed. The jail is open to tours, I've never gone but would love to some time. I've heard that even being there in the daytime can give you the creeps.

Roughly 70% of the universe is dark energy. We can't see it or measure it or contain it or harness it. Yet, there it is. The supernatural world could, and likely does, very well follow the same model.

Woo ghost stories, I have a few that kind of happened at the same place back where I was born in asia, my village used to have these spooky ghost stories, one of them was related to my aunt.

During one night someone was banging on my aunt's door crying for help, their dog was barking, she was a bit creeped out and she thinks it didn't feel right, my uncle went for the door to see what he can do to help, but when he opens it, the cry/scream stopped and apparently there were nobody behind the door, their dog stopped barking, etc.

They live on the second floor, and the person would need to go up a set of straight wooden staircase (it's a really dark staircase, I've been there), it's also a really small place, if she ran, there should be footsteps, etc, and no reason why she wouldn't knock on her neighbours right next door or continue to cry/scream.

Though I suspect that they hesitated a bit before opening the door, at least my aunt did, considering she was frightened/creeped out, but it's a long time ago.

They've also seen a woman with a "deformed face" up on the roof on the building across theirs, just standing there, apparently everyone in the building witnessed it, and they also spotted the same person in the dark downstairs when they were leaving the place, she was just kind of standing around while everyone just having fun watching her.

There're other stories, like someone drove right into a dead end near the same area, because he was apparently "hallucinating" while driving a crew of people through the village at midnight, he actually talked to these people and know their names etc, and later found that these people actually exists, but were all dead long ago. I don't know if the dead people part was true, but apparently this bus driver dude died at the hospital, he wasn't really hurt but apparently was in a shock or heart attack, so at least the incident did happen since my brother saw the van on his way to school along with ambulance and fire fighter, etc. (and that everybody knows this dude)

and with a rattle cry, he spoke "you do not belong here"

...I've got a few personal ones, one time while I was at home I was sitting in bed reading or something when all of sudden my clock radio turned on " I didn't have the alarm set and the radio was at first on a station but it then switched to satic, ( i swear this tottaly happened) I just cautiously got up and turned it off and that was the end of that,
sometimes there were noises like the sound of scratching on the walls and scratching on the floor beneth my bed, ( but there was nothing there)

and then recently at the apt here, while I was sleeping I had a bottle of nightquil on my dresser, and while I was sleeping it was tossed off onto the floor several feet away it was freaky as sh*t but nothing else has happened,

my sister thinks her apt is pretty haunted, her bf was telling us that he woke up one morning with a blond guy standing in their room, but when he got up, the guy disappeared, but I can't vouch for wether or not that happened

the oldest part of the hospital where she works where the morgue use to be is suppose to be really haunted and the elevator will just stop randomly every once in a while,

but that might just becuase it's an old elvator

but I bleive in ghosts, I wrote a great essay about them in 7th grade

i think it's the leftover electrical brain energy of the dead person

More ghost stories from me. I use to know the ppl that livedin the house we live in now. We use to live oppiste this house we are in now. The ppl that was living here was an older couple and their son. The old man died of a heart attack on the toilet, I'm not joking. Anyway When his wife moved to her daughter we moved in. Well after a few weeks it became appernt that uncle Louies(thats what we called him) was still here. You can sometimes still hear him coming down the hallway and only one year this house totally freaks me out. It totally feel like there is something else here following me but after a month everything turns back to normal. I was cleaning the kitchen one evening and saw a shadow leaving the laundret through a closed door (which use to be his workshop) going through the the closed backdoor. I was totally freaked out and ran to the bedroom. hubby had to come with me to make coffe and turn of the lights. Sometimes it smells like someone smoking in the living room, we don't smoke and it's not allowed in my house:~O I truly believe it's uncle Louis.

I love a good ghost story (even though I'm scared to death of anything paranormal!) but unfortunately I only have one ghost story to share, but it's a pretty good one. Okay one summer night me and my friend thought that maybe if we went up to my attic and left the lights off we might catch a ghost or something. I don't have any idea why he wanted to do it but reguardless I didn't want to do it. I didn't want anything weird to happen or I might panic. So we go up there and record with my trusty little video camera. I thought nothing of it all and my friend did most of the work, I just sat back and tried not to see anything. He gets done and I decided to play it back to see if we caught anything. First few seconds were fine but very quickly the video mysteriously sped up to hyperspeed and the voices became garbled and twisted. I was freaking out and I ran downstairs while my friend was just watching it with his eyes bugging out of his head and mouth wide open. We posted the RAW footage completely unaltered on Youtube and it's still up there too. I didn't go up into the attic for quite a while...

Latest posts

Back