My last week on this website

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

njlonelydude

Sorry, it's just not working for me. I'll be deleting my account sometime this week.

Later.

I'm just going to delete my account now.

If anyone wants to email me, my email is [email protected] -- but I'll be deleting that email address this Friday or Saturday.

njlonelydude said:
Sorry, it's just not working for me. I'll be deleting my account sometime this week.

Later.

Again, I ask why? This place, like any other is not perfect. Do you feel as though you have been failed? Has no one responded to you?
I think you should stay. You never know what you might find. what might touch you or help in some way.

This is to everyone else who posted on this thread:
This forum is about "the Lonely Life",
we all come on here and post our thoughts and fears, some of us, our failures. We come here to fill some need we have. Yet when someone states that they are leaving, we say:
Bye, Good luck, Hope you have a nice life, whatever....

Why, when we claim we are lonely, do we let someone wander off without even finding out why?

I'm not trying to criticize, I promise, its just confusing to me.

texlost said:
njlonelydude said:

Later.

Again, I ask why? This place, like any other is not perfect. Do you feel as though you have been failed? Has no one responded to you?
I think you should stay. You never know what you might find. what might touch you or help in some way.

This is to everyone else who posted on this thread:
we all come on here and post our thoughts and fears, some of us, our failures. We come here to fill some need we have. Yet when someone states that they are leaving, we say:

Why, when we claim we are lonely, do we let someone wander off without even finding out why?

Because this forum sometimes out-wears it's use to some people. If they do not state why, this is what I assume. That they've gotten what they could from the forum & are now moving on. Who are we to make someone stay when we each are "filled" in different ways via this forum?

These people are ALWAYS welcome back if they feel the need or desire to come back.

SophiaGrace said:
texlost said:
...This is to everyone else who posted on this thread:

Because this forum sometimes out-wears it's use to some people. If they do not state why, this is what I assume. That they've gotten what they could from the forum & are now moving on. Who are we to make someone stay when we each are "filled" in different ways via this forum?

These people are ALWAYS welcome back if they feel the need or desire to come back.

I'm not saying "make" anyone stay. We read their posts, we chat with them, we respond to their posts. We see them expose fears and beliefs. Then when they say "I'm leaving and deleting my account...we just say say "OK". Seems kind of cold and uncaring to me. Yes, it's true that they can come back when they want, sut still...

I think ALL pretty much has an revolving doors policy... (I think this is the right phrase... >_<)

So like, if someone leaves... that's cool, we'll miss them... but if someone comes back... everyone seems to be like "Oh hey, it's you! It's ages since we last saw you! How ARE you?"

At least that's my experience from Chat...

There are some pretty **** good people on this site.

PurpleDays said:
I think ALL pretty much has an revolving doors policy... (I think this is the right phrase... >_<)

So like, if someone leaves... that's cool, we'll miss them... but if someone comes back... everyone seems to be like "Oh hey, it's you! It's ages since we last saw you! How ARE you?"

That's kind of my point.
I was involved with a group in college, who it is is unimportant. But I kind of fell off the face of the planet. They knew where I was, and could have contacted me, but no one did. When I was slipping away, no one said "hey, whats going on with you? Anything we can do to help"
You see what I mean. Now please understand, I'm not bitching about what happened to me, that was almost 20 years ago, but I thought it was a good example.
Are we so insulated from others that we really don't care?

Take care NJ.
I've only talked to you once...and I think I might have scared you that time haha.
But nonetheless, if you do decide to take a break from work; hopefully it'll give you some time to work out some of the issues in your life.
Best of luck and treat yourself well. :)

texlost said:
PurpleDays said:

That's kind of my point.
I was involved with a group in college, who it is is unimportant. But I kind of fell off the face of the planet. They knew where I was, and could have contacted me, but no one did. When I was slipping away, no one said "hey, whats going on with you? Anything we can do to help"
You see what I mean. Now please understand, I'm not bitching about what happened to me, that was almost 20 years ago, but I thought it was a good example.
Are we so insulated from others that we really don't care?

I would say that it depends on the strength and type of the bond that you share with the person.
Especially with online friendships - they have their limits.
With a few clicks of the mouse, a person can completely be out of your life just that easily.
I used to ask...I have sent out many messages just to check up someone.
Majority had no response, a few had not much to say, and some would only respond if I was the one to always initiate.
Sometimes it hurts to care; or sometimes, there isn't anything else further you can do. But should that person need help, you can be there for them. I think for the most part, in both the online and offline world, if a person chooses to leave...they have felt that it is time for them to move on. And sometimes, that "moving on" is done without you. It sometimes may not be about how "no one cares", but that the only thing we can do is to respect their decision and wish them the best of success in all of their future endeavours.

That could have been your case - I don't know for certain. But again, sometimes we may feel that letting go of someone is the best thing you can do for them.

I kept thinking about it and I also want to say thank you for saying good bye. Many people just leave the site w/o even saying a word. :)

Latest posts

Back