why cant i get a guy?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaah

Reaction score
i'm 20 ******* years old.

some guys tell me i'm pretty, some say i'm not (not to my face), so i dont know where i stand on the attractiveness scale.

my personality is weird. i'm cool with most people, but around guys, i cant make eye contact, i start to walk funny, i talk funny, my lisp gets more noticeable, i just become this awkward piece of honeysuckle.

i've NEVER had anything CLOSE to a boyfriend. EVER.

not even a close guy friend.

well, there was this one guy, and he took me out and we hugged a lot and he randomly stopped speaking to me. i acted really weird around him. i acted bored and uninterested, but only because i wanted to push him away because i knew he thought i was weird. he said so himself. i asked him. "do you think i'm weird?" "a little" so...yeah.

wtf? im so ******* frustrated. i mean, i didnt care before, but i do now. i want someone to be with now. ever since i turned 20, i've been worried about my love life....it doesnt even exist. and im so ANGRY and upset and sad and worried and i feel so left out. i havent lived life to the fullest. not at all. :(

Being weird isn't a bad thing. Normal is boring and a lot of guys like weird girls because it makes them feel better about their own weirdness. I've never counted my weirdness as a reason why I'm single.

It's part of your personality and if someone won't date you because of it, it's their loss, not yours.

yes, i guess. but i figured it had to be me if i've been single this long. it obviously is me, but i dont know what exactly it is. i'm pretty sure its my personality. :(

Do you have low confidence? Some guys say you're pretty but do you believe them? I'm not questioning the fact I'm only asking what you think because it's ultimately what you think that matters. You're not confident around men and that would explain why you pushed that guy away because maybe deep down inside you don't think he could have accepted you for who you are out of fear that you might be weird.

In reality, maybe you're a perfectly normal girl with quirks just like everyone else.

You have to embrace your weird side and be proud of it. Don't throw it everywhere to say "Hey, look, I'm different!", but embrace and appreciate it. This generation has heaps of guys that go for that. I'm one of them. The girl I'm seeing right now is ADHD, vibrates like a humming bird, and has this thing where she has to smell stuff (like food) just to smell it. I dig it.

A LOT of guys (just look at the ones around here, myself included) can misinterpret your lack of confidence as a lack of interest or openness. If you're not cheerful and at ease, you can come across as somebody who really doesn't want to be bothered with random chit-chat from a stranger. Make sure you -enjoy- yourself. Find things to do that make you happy and are fulfilling. Then don your smile, wave here and there, and give it a go again.

blaah said:
well, there was this one guy, and he took me out and we hugged a lot and he randomly stopped speaking to me. i acted really weird around him. i acted bored and uninterested, but only because i wanted to push him away because i knew he thought i was weird. he said so himself. i asked him. "do you think i'm weird?" "a little" so...yeah.

Haha, why so mad about it? This could be a cute thing. I have told people they are weird, people have told me I am weird. Did he meant it the negative way? Are you sure?

It seems to me you are pushing yourself away from others, that is the problem. You said so yourself, you acted boring and uninterested. Don't be so insecure and bitching about yourself. Constant bitching doesn't change anything. If you are weird, then be it, it doesn't have to be bad thing and you don't have to remind it to everybody for gods sakes. Acceptance is a good thing.

PM me your picture if you need honest anonymus opinion about your physical appearance. Otherwise get out there and more confidence please.

first... weird is good. atleast in my book it is. i know how you feel though. im 28 and other than a high school fling i have never had a girlfriend. i have never dated as an adult. the closer i get to 30 the more i feel it. maybe he said you were weird in a good way? thats how i would answer that question if i was asked it.

I'd be flattered and think it were cute if a girl were nervous around me.

No worries, OP. Just gotta keep going, you'll find a guy eventually.

COME VISIT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ;)

haha

Latest posts

Back