A Key Fell off my Laptop Keyboard.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I can still press the little nub to make the key work but uhm....yeah....should I glue it back on or take it in to a technician or ?

:p It's so annoying when this happens. It's happened before on my desktop keyboard.

buy a new keyboard if it bothers you that much and have a computer savvy friend install it. taking it to any sort of paid technician is a joke.

I C WH@ U R PROBLEM IZ.

U MAY HV 2 Q 4 A NU KEE

...hilarity, thy name is Purpledays.

JBobGlazz said:
buy a new keyboard if it bothers you that much and have a computer savvy friend install it. taking it to any sort of paid technician is a joke.

Not true at all. Those paid technicians have gone to school and are trained to work on your equipment just as any tech is in any other trade.

That being sad, I'd try to stay away from taking it to the big box stores like staples or best buy, because they are more expensive, they have a longer turnaround time than a local computer repair shop, and when you use a local repair shop, your money stays local.

Soph - most laptop keys will snap back in place but if not i would just super glue it, but be very careful as not to accidentally glue it so it's stuck and won't push down. Just use a few drops of super glue, that's all you should need, also this way if you accidentally get it stuck there's a better chance of being able to pop the key back off without ruining it.

hah I wouldn't worry about it I've been missing my pg down key for several months now

I never bothered with it, since I never use that key

[youtube]z1zda_S92V8[/youtube]

a few times my nine key has come off but I've been able to stick it back on

unless it's an important key that you're not going to remember what it is without the key cap

I wouldn't worry about it

:)

Latest posts

Back