Greetings from a former lurker

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RogueTomato

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around these boards for while now and have finally decided to join (seeing as how you can no longer post comments as a guest). I feel fairly pathetic writing in here, but as long as there are others who share my overwhelming sense of solitude, and I remain anonymous, then I suppose I should feel no shame.

A little about me: I'm a college student currently studying to enter a field that offers only intrinsic benefits. Pretty much all I do is play music, hang out online, play video games and read (horror books, as of now).

Hmmm...oh, I think I was just rejected on okcupid, so I feel even lonelier. I don't really know what else to write, other than most people here seem fairly nice.

Hi Rogue Tomato. Don't feel pathetic for posting. Obviously you feel like you want to meet some new people or just have a chat or get a bit of support. I hope you find what you're looking for here. The people seem pretty nice & it's good to have a common bond, even if it's something as difficult as loneliness. What are you studying at college? Who are your favourite (horror) authors? What instruments can you play? I'm trying to learn the guitar but I'm hopeless :) At least I can play one song! Guess it comes down to practice too really. And welcome to the site :)

Hi Rogue!

Welcome! I have got to say, I LOVE your saying at the end of your posts! It's hilarous. I like that kind of dry humor. Fortunately, guests are still able to post in the two sections on this site, but I am very pleased you've joined us!

Blue Sky, thank you!

Scorpio, thanks for the support! It is greatly appreciated.

As for college, my major is music edumacation. I play viola, French horn, piano, flute and guitar. Plus, my major forces me to learn how to play pretty much all standard concert band and orchestra instruments, so that list will increase soon. As for the guitar being incredibly difficult - I know what you mean! I'm by no means a pro, but it is really hard for your hands to familiarize themselves with some of those tricky guitar techniques, like holding multiple strings down with only one finger (F Major chord = Ahhh!). Anyway, you are right when you say practice is absolutely necessary. I would say music is definitely 99 percent preparation.

teach, not many people my age get my humor, so it's nice to have someone who understands! As for the guests posting thing, I'm pretty sure I tried doing that in some thread, but it wouldn't allow me. Oh well, I think I like being a member better than a lurker anyway.

Great Rogue! And I like your 'signature' too. Ironic is perhaps a good word for it, in a way :) Sounds great about your College studies! Playing music has got to be a good outlet (unless you can't do it & want to throw the instrument across the room!) :) I'm sure I'd have a small pile of damaged instruments in one corner! And as for the teaching thing (you were talking about in another thread) - I say go for it! :) Sounds like a great profession to me!

Welcome Rogue. I'm kind of new here too.

Don't feel too bad over the okcupid rejection. If these kinds of things were easy most people wouldn't be posting here. I guess I'm just trying to say that you're not alone in your frustration.

Rogue Tomato, your situation seems very similar to mine. I'm in my third year in University. I haven't made any new friends at my school :(

Very similar to you, I just play video games, listen to music, and watch films and anime. That's about it.

Rogue,

I enjoy your sig as well.

Also, you sound like a very bright and creative person as well!

Welcome here! LG.

Scorpio, well, if instruments weren't so expensive I would definitely be using them as modestly sized flying projectiles as well (especially the viola). Honestly, I used to think vector calculus was hard until I started studying the viola more in depth, but my view has certainly changed since then.

Zorg, it seems there are a lot of students like us. The problem is I can never seem to find any lonely people in my classes. I try hard to scope out people who may seem to desire some extra company, but everyone seems to pretty much be taken. And I can never seem to get past the acquaintance stage. I can easily start a conversation and continue it, but the next day they stop talking to me or pretend I no longer exist. I hate it, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Wow, if only we went to the same school. I swear, you're describing my exact situation.

Latest posts

Back