Really Dull and Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sceptical1

Reaction score
This year is my junior year in high school, and so far it's been pretty great. Sure, my classes are kinda hard and I often get a lot of work, but I've got great teachers and am surrounded by really nice people in my classes. I've also made it a point of hanging out with my friends more outside of school, which really makes things generally more enjoyable. However, I still feel kind of lonely. The girl I've liked since freshman year isn't in my classes anymore, and I generally try to avoid her because she would cause me quite a bit of grief since she would always seem to be in a relationship with some new person every month. So, needless to say I'm pretty relieved about that (a little regretful still, but I seem to care less about it everyday). I even got into a relationship with a nice girl I met last year for about a month, but we realized we make way better friends, and the split up was relatively painless. At this point however, I don't really feel all that attached to anyone, which can be a little lonely sometimes. However, at the same time, I usually ask myself "why bother? it isn't that important.", and in a lot of ways that's true. I sort of like this kind of care free feeling, but at the same time I just feel kind of lonely. Any suggestions on how I could feel a little less lonely? It's nothing serious, I just feel kinda empty without an inspiration, you know?

Latest posts

Back