Debating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vortex said:
What are your beliefs on the reasons why people participate in debates?

I will just state why I generaly debate because not even going to try and think why other people do things. I usally am just trying to inform people that don't know something, there are times however I do it because I am in a bad mood and want to take someone down or make them look stupid.

Vortex said:

I think that the main reason people debate is to get there point across. Though you can get people debating just because they are bullies, or there in a bad mood or just trying to pressure people to give in and do it their way.
I think a debate that is conducted in a proper manner with a mediator, can be a good thing.
But unfortunately alot of debates get out of hand, it's happened quite a few times on this forum and ends up with flaming, abusive language, and often the topic is forgotten.

Thank you both for your response.

I also agree with you Blue Sky that debates often get out of hand.

Blue Sky said:
Vortex said:

I think that the main reason people debate is to get there point across. Though you can get people debating just because they are bullies, or there in a bad mood or just trying to pressure people to give in and do it their way.
I think a debate that is conducted in a proper manner with a mediator, can be a good thing.
But unfortunately alot of debates get out of hand, it's happened quite a few times on this forum and ends up with flaming, abusive language, and often the topic is forgotten.

Latest posts

Back