Fear of rejection?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonely guy

Let me ask a good and simple question to the many people that peruse this website daily. How many of you guys even girls, can't approach somebody to flirt because of a fear of rejection. This is in my opinion the clear #1 reason so many people cannot seem to get a partner. Fear of rejection is so hard to get over sometimes. The first step to becoming more succesful with the opposite sex is by overcoming the fear that somebody will just flat out reject you, thus, hurting your already very fragile psyche. Please comment back your feedback so I can analyze this topic.

To be or not to be, that is the question.

Quite. It is indeed a common problem at least in my mind set. I could also figure another reason to go along with. True fear of rejection is a factor, but what about terms of acceptance.

It's like saying, "Awesome! I'm in...shoot, now what?" Like not thinking a plan all the way through. I don't know. It sounded good in my head. I guess in relation things would happen naturally from there on after...

It does seem hard to know what standards one would have to live up to avoid rejection. Of course, the "being yourself" does play a factor.

I just realized the lack of self-confidence can also greatly affect the fear of rejection, does it not?

LMAO

I suffer from fear of rejection and have since I was a child, and not solely with relationships. I feared giving answers in class in case I was wrong, even though I was sure of the answer. I feared speaking up in groups unless I had thoroughly thought through my words first (and by that time they had usually moved on to some other topic). I feared asking my parents for money when necessary to go out with friends. These are just some of the specific fears of rejection I'd suffered in youth. For my later years I'll add fear of girls putting me down, fear of failing to honor my parents (I consider this a fear of rejection even though I know my parents love me no matter what), fear of not getting a job or doing poorly at it. The job related fear is all but gone now. Perhaps in part due to my emotional distress at times, and my need for work to help me forget my troubles and keep focused on the task at hand. I am a very hard worker and often go above and beyond what is necessary since I find it easier than not working and dwelling on my emotions. Every job I have worked I have had my employer/s comment on my dedication and skills. Perhaps if I had similar experiences in social circles I wouldn't be on this forum today... hmm interesting. Anyway I'm ranting now...

Oh, the reason I was LMAO was because of the advertisement on this page for Russian Girls for marriage. Strategically targeted advertising. Actually I've had some friends and family members suggest mail order brides to me before, but it seems so weird shopping for a wife. (Being single for pretty much 10 years people tend to notice... and comment on it) I'm ready for the commitment, but I'd feel so much better if it was a marriage formed from a relationship we had cultivated rather than one I had to purchase.

Latest posts

Back