People from England! (What county are you from?)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jently said:
Bideford, North Devon

Small world Jently  :D I got knocked off a motorcycle just outside Bideford on the A39 broke my leg and ended up in Barnstaple hospital -you didn't happen to once drive a Citroen Saxo [which I wrote off] by any chance  :rolleyes: :D

Chief broom said:
Jently said:
Bideford, North Devon

Small world Jently  :D I got knocked off a motorcycle just outside Bideford on the A39 broke my leg and ended up in Barnstaple hospital -you didn't happen to once drive a Citroen Saxo [which I wrote off] by any chance  :rolleyes: :D

Ah, so it was you was it  :club:

Seriously, you were lucky to survive what's known locally as Death Valley Alley, there have been many fatalities there and they have introduced traffic lights etc to try and reduce the problem.

Jently said:
Chief broom said:
Jently said:
Bideford, North Devon

Ah, so it was you was it  :club:

Seriously, you were lucky to survive what's known locally as Death Valley Alley, there have been many fatalities there and they have introduced traffic lights etc to try and reduce the problem.

Thanks Jently  :) Death Valley Alley...jeez I should have been extra cautious. Its a lovely stretch of coast popular with surfers and theres a café at/near Bude where you can get a good cheese pasty and a cup of coffee...that was where I was going until my day took a different direction....
Youre very fortunate to live in such beautiful place- different to the highlands but it has its own special character and mild climate oh...and shiny new traffic lights... :D

I hope the other Brits here will forgive this brief discussion about the merits or otherwise of the weather, but they're probably used to is because it's what we do best lol.
Mild climate? Nay my friend, rarely. I don't know when you visited but we are subject to the ferocious Atlantic wind and storms which happen far too frequently here, but the local builders and fencing merchants love it because they are constantly repairing the damage caused.
Certainly not good weather for braving the elements on a motorcycle :)

Lincolnshire.. and desperately reaching out to find someone to be friends with. I can travel if need be. but I'd need a bed for the night if it's a long distance

My mum has a friend in London - they take it in turns to visit eachother. I quite miss those long walks along the river Thames - despite the news reports making it look like you can't step out onto your doorstep to collect your morning milk without getting stabbed.

There are certain areas of Milton Keynes that are considered a criminal hot spot, mind you.

Yep I used to be a Londoner. It's got a lot busier since I was there but still enjoy going back to visit.
Used to paddle in the Thames when I was a kid.......good memories :)

Latest posts

Back