I should have done this earlier

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JustLost

I've been posting my ramblings for awhile here, but I just realized I never actually made a formal introduction.

I'm a mid 30-ish male, currently working in the technology industry. Basically I just sit around and build computers all day. Occasionally they give me money. I like art & music. Sometimes I get a creative streak and make my own. I like film, namely old horror movies, science fiction. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the wrong century.

I found this site after falling into what could only be called a giant hole of despair and loneliness. It just seemed like a good place to get things off my chest. I hope no one minds.

Thanks for listening...

Hi JustLost,

Welcome. Are you in the states? Were you ever into watching the old Dr. Who series?

teach said:
Hi JustLost,

Welcome. Are you in the states? Were you ever into watching the old Dr. Who series?

I am in the states and YES I am a big Dr. Who nut. I have quite a few old cassettes ranging from William Hartnell, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Peter Davison. Eventually I'll probably have to purchase them again on DVD...(Goodbye paycheck).

I never really thought of doing an introduction either... good idea JustLost. So I'll follow your lead...

I'm a 28 yo male. I've studied as a Electronic Engineering Technologist. I worked as a Computer Assistant/Library Technician (never understood that title :) ), a Security Guard, a Security Patrol Supervisor (only good part of that job was a company car), a Shipper/Receiver (a front office staffed entirely by beautiful women was a big plus there), an Apprentice Electrician, had my own Computer Service/Sales shop that was educational and enjoyable (but it didn't work out due to a politically based monopoly and a tonne of red tape to make the business completely legit), a Lobster/Tuna/Herring/Mackerel fisherman (job was dirty and physically demanding but it felt great being out on the ocean every day and paid good too), Seismic Line crew... lots of walking... lots of nice scenery... terrible pay (I only stayed at that for 4 months), Carpenter (I helped install a garages, decks, and finished a basement... very educational) Gas Tester (my current job that I'll probably stay with longer than the others since this one finally does more than just pay the bills, I bought my first house, yay!).

I know that reads like a resume, but the variety of my past occupations sort of explains to a degree how I identify myself...

While I love technology, I also enjoy more rustic settings and mindless labor... sort of like getting back to basics. So I do technology till I begin to get worn out, then I do manual labor to "recharge".

JustLost said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the wrong century.

LMAO... sometimes I feeling like I'm in the wrong millennium...
I would love to have been living around the Dark Ages... (Scottish decent) I would've become a crazy old hermit living up in the hills running around dirty and naked and cackling madly at the sky. Throwing feces at any nosy kids poking around my hovel... hehehe.... I'd make potions and poisons and people would come to me with food and trinkets for my wares, blessings, or curses. That or a druid I suppose, though I'm not sure what the qualifications were to become a druid.

Anywho I don't want to write a book so I'll leave my intro there.

I don't own any of the Dr. Who but Blockbuster online rents them. (You should see my rental history!) Back when I taught sixth grade, we would have a Dr. Who-fest at the end of the year, during our field day indoor time.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
LMAO... sometimes I feeling like I'm in the wrong millennium...
I would love to have been living around the Dark Ages... (Scottish decent) I would've become a crazy old hermit living up in the hills

That would be a pretty cool time to live in...Except for the plagues, political oppression and complete lack of dental hygiene...

I do think I would have been more comfortable in the past. This one is entirely too complicated for my tastes.

running around dirty and naked and cackling madly at the sky. Throwing feces at any nosy kids poking around my hovel...

I did that this morning before I came in to work...:)

running around dirty and naked and cackling madly at the sky. Throwing feces at any nosy kids poking around my hovel...

[/quote]

Okay, this doesn't paint a pleasant picture for either of ya'll!!! :cool:

Zorg said:
What type of music do you like?

Mostly older stuff...Even things older than me. Been listening to a lot of Doors and Pink Floyd lately...I'm open to just about anything though if it sounds good and helps me relax. What about you?

I'm into later stuff than that, but, I do like The Velvet Underground. I like bands like Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Pavement, Wolf Parade, etc.

teach said:

Okay, this doesn't paint a pleasant picture for either of ya'll!!! :cool:
[/quote]

lol...It is a frightening thought...:D

Latest posts

Back