What was your favourite cartoon/programme as a child?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Reaction score
The one cartoon that I loved the most as a child was "the tales of farthing wood" I looked for it the other night online and it was shocking to see the comparison between that and the cartoons my sister watches now. Nevertheless, it was an epic cartoon.

The crystal maze was something I liked watching during the school holidays too.

Share... =]

Tales from the Cryptkeeper, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Sabrina the Teenage Witch :D

Teenage mutant ninja turtles, sonic, Gundam seed, Eureka Seven, and ******* Inuyasha :D

I don't really remember, but I've always loved 'My Little Pony', 'The Tales of Farthing Wood' and 'The Silver Brumby'. :D

Garfield and Charlie Brown. I STILL watch Charlie Brown's Christmas special and the Garfield Halloween special....I have to admit...I have them on DVD....I treasure them.

Oh dear - when I was a child there were hardly any childrens programmes on TV - but I well remember sitting with my children watching Joe 90, Rupert Bear, Andy Pandy, Captain Scarlet, Mr Ben - yes I'm old !
Ninjacat

1. Visionaries - A very underrated cartoon featuring a group of good knights always in conflict with a group of evil ones. Each of the knights had a specific magical power and could transform into a totem animal.
2. Thundercats - Anthropomorphic cat aliens in the future. Awesomeness.
3. He-Man - Okay, it was really just thinly veiled homoerotica.
4. C.O.P.S. - Not to be confused with COPS, this was a futuristic cartoon featuring badass police officers with cybernetic enhancements.

There were a bunch of others I watched, but these were some of the bestest.

Aside from some of the more popular choices already mentioned, two cartoons that are dear to my heart from my childhood are The Phantom Tollbooth (featuring a post-Munsters Butch Patrick) and Mickey's Christmas Carol (in my opinion, the best version of Dicken's classic tale)

I liked;

Swat katz
Angry Angry Beavers
Dragon Ball Z (Before it got too long, repetitive, and boring)
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Looney Tunes
Tiny Toons
Wishbone. :)
Anything Batman. :D

I was obsessed with the Transformers when I was little. Most of the cartoons I remember are from my teen years, though. Animaniacs (I still know the countries song), Tiny Toons, X-Men and The Tick probably round out my favorites.

Latest posts

Back