Made females laugh

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
I went tonight to see Alegria for the second time. I figured I might as well since I was able to loop my return trip through town in time, and I took my little sister.

Behind me were two girls, probably a couple years out of college. During intermission from the show they were talking and it was kind of annoying at first (they were the type who use 'Like' for every third word in a sentence), but then this fella walks down the aisle with this MASSIVE PLATE OF NACHOS. This is not hyperbole, here. This ******* nacho plate turned my head and commanded my gaze with it's greasy majesty.

They must have seen it right when I did, because they went silent for a minute followed by, "Oh my god, look at that guy's nachos. He's going to eat it ALL."

I figured, fresia it. They're never going to see me again and the show's over soon, so I can't screw up. So I turn around with a grin, and I says to 'em, "I hope he reserved a second seat for the plate..."

Cue uproarious laughter.

It's a tiny thing that shouldn't even be memorable, but I felt pretty awesome right then and there. People talk about making connections with the opposite sex through laughter, and it was totally there for a brief moment. If I wasn't taken I think I would've tried to see how far I could go with it. You guys have to try this some time. Just make yourself do it and take the gamble. It felt so money.

Anyway, it's the small victories, right?

That's great Brian. It is a victory and I don't think it's a small one. It shows you are becoming more comfortable around females. Heck, you were able to get people to go see movies with you! That's a victory in and of itself even if you had never made the girls laugh. That's friendship building material there.

Brian,

You have more than one thing in your favor here. First off: "turned my head and commanded my gaze with it's greasy majesty."

That's quite poetic.

Secondly, you put yourself 'out there' Took a momentary risk. Not taking yourself so seriously. Another big plus.

So many of us sadly, fail to see our own goodness. Stuff that is already there. Natural. Innate. Don't even have to even try.

Sounds like you are well on your way in no longer impeding, but just allowing your natural brillance to shine through.

Keep fostering those talents and taking little chances here and there. You'll probably come to find out that you have really been just cutting yourself short all this time...........:)

I probably would have ruined everything by turning to them and saying:

"Eat my nachos like that guy will eat his!"

*sigh*

I'll figure it out someday, eh? ;)

Congrats, man!

The smallest of things can make you smile. I know people must smile at me. That's a given.

I was driving away from a pub one day and I stopped to let a girl cross the road in front of the car (flashed the lights and everything).

She looked past the windscreen AT me and smiled.

That was 3 or 4 months ago. I still remember it. It was lovely.

Hold on to small memories. They are WONDERFUL.

Dude I've been sitting for the last couple of minutes just thinking...

That smile was the BEST thing to happen to me in the last few months of my life.

I absolutely [expletive deleted] LOVE moments like that in my life.

Haha nice story.

I must add I LOVE Cirque du Soleil. In fact I was listening to some Cirque songs on my ipod on my way into work today.

Good choice!

Latest posts

Back