Back on this site for the 3rd time with another online dating question

• Thread starter TheRealNJLonelyDude
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheRealNJLonelyDude

Had to delete my second account cause it got hacked, but now I have a much more secure password (with symbols and stuff in it).

Anyways, my questions, and the service I use is OKCupid:

So I got a reply from someone, and we talked briefly in the dating website's chat client. It seemed to be a pretty decent conversation, then she had to go and said we'll talk later. Anyways, didn't hear from her in a while, and sent her a message about it a few days later -- no response.
So, wtf, did I do wrong?

And the next thing: You can rate members here on a 5-star scale. Someone gave me a 4/5 star rating, and OKCupid lets you know about that, but keeps the user a secret unless you give him/her a 4 or 5-star rating. Well, I somehow gave the right user a 4-star rating, we both get auto-notified about. I sent her a brief message about chatting...no reply from her (and she did view my profile after I sent her that brief message).
So wtf did I do wrong?

I'm thinking of quitting the website, never bothering with online dating again, and doing something completely drastic in real life to see if my luck changes.

hello, i also tried OKCupid and i didnt have any luck with it. all the replies i got were basically just guys looking for 1 night stands.. i was offended and scared and just deleted my account

i dont know why those girls did what they did on that site, it sounds pretty weird to me.

the 1st girl, it sounds like she was interested, but didnt want to talk anymore because she found out that you guys dont have a lot of common or didnt feel a connection with you -- i have no idea, thats just what i think.

the 2nd girl... i really dont know. :(

you did nothing wrong, but i think you should probably quit that site because the people on there are just... not good.

i have been trying online dating for years (usually dating people over online games) but so far nothing has worked out. i havent given up hope though! i am hoping that someday i will find someone online.. or in real life.

good luck to you!!

Hello :)

Well this one is obvious to me: You've done nothing wrong! If anything, they're the impolite ones for just disappearing. Sometimes people think it's nicer to just run off rather than saying how they really feel for fear of hurting others, but for some people, I suppose like yourself, a nice "Yes I like you" or "No I don't really think you're for me" gives you a clear and important message and you can either continue talking to them if they like you too or ditch 'em and move on!

Try not to take things personally :) I can suggest a good website that I met a few friends through, it's called interpals.net. There are all sorts of people there for all sorts of reasons, and I found it really interactive. There's always someone to talk to!

Anyways, I hope my little ramble has helped a little. :)

Dove said:

Well this one is obvious to me: You've done nothing wrong! If anything, they're the impolite ones for just disappearing. Sometimes people think it's nicer to just run off rather than saying how they really feel for fear of hurting others, but for some people, I suppose like yourself, a nice "Yes I like you" or "No I don't really think you're for me" gives you a clear and important message and you can either continue talking to them if they like you too or ditch 'em and move on!

Try not to take things personally :) I can suggest a good website that I met a few friends through, it's called interpals.net. There are all sorts of people there for all sorts of reasons, and I found it really interactive. There's always someone to talk to!

Is interpals.net completely free, and can you search by state/city/zip code?

TheRealNJLonelyDude said:
Dove said:

it is completely free, and you can search by country, and then in the search results it'll say where the person is from in that country :)

Dove said:
Dove said:

it is completely free, and you can search by country, and then in the search results it'll say where the person is from in that country :)

Alright, whatever, I'll give it a try. But if I get no results, and you're just shilling for the website, I hope an ancient martial arts master beats you up.

Advice?

Get off dating sites. They're not promised to work or find the love of your life, the better half to your soul, just because you give someone a 4 or 5 star rating.

Better advice?

Try not to come off as too desperate. I don't know what you wrote in those messages, or how you sounded, but desperation is not cute to everyone. Chilax and be yourself. I'm sure someone will like you.

VanillaCreme said:
Advice?

Get off dating sites. They're not promised to work or find the love of your life, the better half to your soul, just because you give someone a 4 or 5 star rating.

Better advice?

Try not to come off as too desperate. I don't know what you wrote in those messages, or how you sounded, but desperation is not cute to everyone. Chilax and be yourself. I'm sure someone will like you.

Every time I make a topic on here you're always arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Nowhere did I mention "finding the love of my life" or "better half" or anything else like that.

And nah, I never come off as desperate.

Now why you don't do me a favor and "chillax" yourself. You don't like what I've got to say and that's fine, but do you always feel the need to make your own counterpoints? I've ignored your posts before because I thought that was the best thing to do, but you can't seem to get off my case.

You're not giving me "advice," you're trying to appear "edgy" like everyone else on the Internet.

Dove said:
Dove said:

Alright, whatever, I'll give it a try. But if I get no results, and you're just shilling for the website, I hope an ancient martial arts master beats you up.

Lol, charming! I don't go on it anymore actually, I only went on it in a time where I was desperate for friends :p It worked though.

NJLonelyDude It cant hurt to put yourself out there in whatever way you can. :)

That's arguing? Okay. Enjoy your round-about online dating then. You just don't like when someone tells you the truth, because that's what you are hoping for. But excuse me, I'm going to go be edgy elsewhere.

*rolls eyes*

Oh, and making 3 accounts on a forum... can be a bit desperate. Just saying...

err....I have to say that Nilla wasn't attacking or arguing, man. She actually makes some good points too.

VanillaCreme said:
That's arguing? Okay. Enjoy your round-about online dating then. You just don't like when someone tells you the truth, because that's what you are hoping for. But excuse me, I'm going to go be edgy elsewhere.

*rolls eyes*

Oh, and making 3 accounts on a forum... can be a bit desperate. Just saying...

So that means you won't bother me anymore -- GREAT!
And oh my gosh -- you think I'm "desperate." GASP...perhaps I should slit my wrists because I don't please you!

EveWasFramed said:
err....I have to say that Nilla wasn't attacking or arguing, man. She actually makes some good points too.

In other threads I've made, with my older accounts, she's always their trying to say the exact opposite of what I say. If I made a thread saying how much I love chocolate ice cream, she'd tell me to stop enjoying ice cream and enjoy another dessert.
But whatever...some people will like you and some people will hate you -- that's the way things are.

Her idea of giving advice goes like, "fresia you -- you're doing it wrong!" and walking away.

EveWasFramed said:

In other threads I've made, with my older accounts, she's always their trying to say the exact opposite of what I say. If I made a thread saying how much I love chocolate ice cream, she'd tell me to stop enjoying ice cream and enjoy another dessert.
But whatever...some people will like you and some people will hate you -- that's the way things are.

Her idea of giving advice goes like, "fresia you -- you're doing it wrong!" and walking away.

You were responding to a post she made in THIS thread. And THAT post wasn't antagonistic at all. That's my point here.

EveWasFramed said:
EveWasFramed said:

You were responding to a post she made in THIS thread. And THAT post wasn't antagonistic at all. That's my point here.

Whatever you say, homey. She's not here to help, just here to show off.

EveWasFramed said:
EveWasFramed said:

Whatever you say, homey. She's not here to help, just here to show off.

Now now children, play nice.

NJ, you have some serious issues. I don't even tell people what to like or enjoy. Point out to me where I've ever told anyone what to like or enjoy, and I'll correct myself.

Here's another bit of advice: Don't post an advice thread if you DON'T want people to give their honest opinion about the topic at hand.

Jesus...

This is probably me just being one of the crazy fucks being after you all the time, but VanillaCreme ain't in the wrong here, its you.

Latest posts

Back