DTR's Magical Traveling Mind Dump - Part XIII

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
November 9, 2010

Have you ever wished your hands could produce something beautiful?
This isn't to hear people compliment my writing or point out any "beauty" they think I might have (so don't), but to talk about the desire to create true, refined beauty. After listening to this song...

[video=youtube]
( )

And other songs by the same artist (a popular one being River Flows in You), I thought to myself, why is it that his very ordinary hands look so lovely with each keystroke? How can a human produce such a delicate jewel of art from thin air and and make it heard by the rest of us? Fill our bodies with so much emotion that we have no release except to feel?

I feel as though there is not a delicate and pretty nerve in my entire being. Everything I work at becomes cold, blunt, and cynical. It was these feelings that I spent so many years bringing to the forefront while pushing my soft, vulnerable side so far down that I don't even know what it looks like anymore.

I wish my hands could produce something beautiful. Even as I write this, vague waves of nostalgia flutter past my line of view and images of christmas trees and fireflies down at the gardens blind me temporarily, until my autopilot kicks in and stuffs those memories down into my gut. I remember as a kid I wished to be able to play the piano or paint beautiful works of art. However, my poor school did not offer such classes until much later. I feel as though it is far too late for me to start now, especially when I haven't the time, money, or the clarity of mind to fully apply myself.

Perhaps I will just be one of many whose seat is marked in the audience. After all, every star needs someone to clap for them.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
November 9, 2010
Have you ever wished your hands could produce something beautiful?
This isn't to hear people compliment my writing or point out any "beauty" they think I might have (so don't)

Gonna do it anyway, so there.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
November 9, 2010
, but to talk about the desire to create true, refined beauty. After listening to this song...And other songs by the same artist (a popular one being River Flows in You), I thought to myself, why is it that his very ordinary hands look so lovely with each keystroke? How can a human produce such a delicate jewel of art from thin air and and make it heard by the rest of us? Fill our bodies with so much emotion that we have no release except to feel?

It is because of the MIND that controls those "ordinary" looking hands. The Soul that moves them.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
November 9, 2010

I feel as though there is not a delicate and pretty nerve in my entire being. Everything I work at becomes cold, blunt, and cynical. It was these feelings that I spent so many years bringing to the forefront while pushing my soft, vulnerable side so far down that I don't even know what it looks like anymore.

Therein bringing forth my defiance of to your dictat that none should comment on your talent....Your mind is one of the sharpest that I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. You have a way with words and imagery that, at least for me, creates envy in those of us who can barely use proper grammer. And you are filled with beauty and an appreciation for things that most people miss through ignorance or apathy. If, as yousay, cynacism and bluntness present themselves, it is because of your experience. I am sorry for this. But you have used it masterfully.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
November 9, 2010
I wish my hands could produce something beautiful. Even as I write this, vague waves of nostalgia flutter past my line of view and images of christmas trees and fireflies down at the gardens blind me temporarily, until my autopilot kicks in and stuffs those memories down into my gut. I remember as a kid I wished to be able to play the piano or paint beautiful works of art. However, my poor school did not offer such classes until much later. I feel as though it is far too late for me to start now, especially when I haven't the time or the clarity of mind to fully apply myself.

Perhaps I will just be one of many whose seat is marked in the audience. After all, every star needs someone to clap for them.

Its never too late for anyone to start something that may bring them joy.
Understanding the intention of your post, I will say this. It is indeed a mystery why some are able to create something that moves the rest of us. Whether it is a piano concerto, a drawing (my son has talent), or a vivid image such as
"waves of nostalgia flutter past my line of view and images of christmas trees and fireflies down at the gardens blind me temporarily". Where do you creative people come from?

You know what, I had a whole paragraph written before I pressed the back button by accident (stupid mouse) and erased it all. Can't remember a **** thing I wrote. Well, maybe later.

Anyway...you...gosh, I can't even find the words to respond (well, I did, but I just lost them...).

Read over everything you've written. You have no reason to envy, my friend. Not when you have the ability to say exactly what you mean while I do not. And from what I see, you don't text talk or replace letters with numbers--you're already several paces ahead of more than 30% of the American population. I wouldn't worry if I were you :D

Thanks for sharing that beautiful piece of music.

It's just too bad I got ran over by a pack of llamas half-way through...

Latest posts

Back