Need help with anxiety and overactive mind...new here :) read me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellokittysparklez

Reaction score
hello all.. I'm looking for some advice. I am thinking about seeing a psych for my obsessive stress and my anxiety. I don't feel normal I never have. I can't ever relax like others around me. It's worse when I'm alone...I'm constantly cleaning or I'm online. I can't like sIt down read a book watch tv. My job follows me home and stress from work keeps me from just chilling...that's all I wanna do. I just wanna be high really really high. But I quit smoking with my bf cause he's on probation and u had a panic attack that just ruined it for me. Now I just resort to freaking out about stuff. It's bad I have emotional breakdowns weekly where I feel embarrassed and I just want to die. I can't sleep at night unless I'm drunk or on something. I worry about everyone but myself. Can somebody give me a legal drug to calm me down that doesn't cause paranoia ...that is another problem. I just want to be normal. Just wanna chill out and let go, ya feel me? But I can't and trust me that breathing technique junk isn't for me. It just adds another thought and worry to my brains insomnia. I need a depressant for my overactive mind...but I'm so depressed about myself as it is I want to be happy. I would like to be able to sit down and be satisfied with a clear mind and relax without the use of illegal and damaging drugs. I want to be normal I hate my life and I push everyone away because of my problems

First of all, Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you will find much here for you to think about and to comment upon.

I say go see a psychologist. it couldn't hurt. But I say stay away from those drugs not prescribed by a doctor :) I have some experience with this and I will tell you that it is a waste of time if you want to deal with whatever is troubling you.

As for 'normal", well that is relative, isn't it?

again, welcome.

Get out of my head .... I see and know all that your going threw
Unfortunately I have no words of wisdom but yur not alone

I brought work home with me for years ... at work it works in my favour. ... my brain is so busy that it forces me to forget about everything else
I had one day that I finally just said I don't care ... work stays at work

Have you tried exercise ? I know it is something that helps for me

BTW ... just seen my Dr Thursday .... she said there is a phone app called breath that helps with calming and shutting yourself down
Also being sent for a sleep study when I get back from vacation

Latest posts

Back