Second Life to help loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zackarydoo

Reaction score
I've been using Second Life for about 3.5 years now. It CAN help a lot with being lonely, and meeting people there is easy. You do have to be careful with who you trust though, and there are a lot of irritating idiots there who make it less enjoyable for everyone else.

I've spent most of this year not using it, until I started again a few weeks ago. I've already had a mini relationship there which wasn't just about Second Life but real life too, but that ended after about 2 weeks. I've met someone else now too, who is a nice person but is sooo completely private about her life that she won't even tell me her real name, so I don't see that lasting. It would be nice to meet someone there who was the same as me, but that seems impossible.

I'm so shy in real life, and that extends to Second Life too, but sometimes I have a brave moment and go to a club or something and meet people. A few years ago I visited a club there every night, and met lots of people and made many regular friends. I enjoyed that a lot and miss it. I even met a girl there who I ended up meeting in real life and we 'sort of nearly' had a real relationship. Like with everyone else though, it soon ended.

Before you laugh about going to clubs and meeting people in a place that isn't real - Remember that it IS real because the people are real, even though a lot of them hide their true selves behind their avatars.

Latest posts

Back