Do You Sense EVIL Growing In the World? You are RIGHT!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelygirl

I feel it too. So do many of us. Sensitive people of all races, religions and creeds feel it growing.

Some of us feel we must prepare to battle, but this is NOT a physical battle but rather a spiritual battle.

Remember that no man knows the appointed hour, but our Lord will return like a thief in the night. Therefore, be prepared! Be ready! Keep watch!

lonelygirl said:
I feel it too. So do many of us. Sensitive people of all races, religions and creeds feel it growing.

Some of us feel we must prepare to battle, but this is NOT a physical battle but rather a spiritual battle.

I feel it. Every day there seems to be more atrocity, apathy and just plain general rudeness. I'm far too sensitive for this planet. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a switch somewhere on my person that completely shuts off my emotions. It would be much easier to deal with people if this was the case.

I don't feel stuff like that anymore; it doesn't scare me or make me any less happy about living in this world. Since i prevailed over my depression, and got the only thing i need by my side, my brain has shut down the part of itself where all the stuff i don't need gathers to protect itself. Might seem strange... i know, but it's the only explanation i have for it, because something big really did happen after i grabbed my sorry ass out of those horrible years. I wonder how often something like this occurs, it feels as i'm the only one with this blessing.

Well, I think that being spiritually sensitive is a gift from God.

And smart and intelligent and sensitive and artistic people are all blessed by God.

I agree. Yes the world is getting worse, but that is just a cycle that has been perpetuating since the dawn of time. Think of all past great civilizations... Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans. These at one time were dominant powers in the world that reached a point where they shined above all the other civilizations in their time. They rose from more humble beginnings, became stronger, became 'enlightened' artistically, religiously, philosophically, etc., spread the reach of their power, became corrupt, and then collapsed. This has happened over and over again. Now the only problem is that while those great civilizations collapsed (usually from the inside out - a rotten core), the collapse took longer to affect other nations and other nations didn't have the ability in most cases to consume the fallen civilizations. Now the world reaches a point where we have become a more complete global civilization. What happens when a great world power falls today?
Look at the collapse of the USSR after the cold war. The country was in chaos and distribution of weapons and military vehicles throughout the world to this day cannot be determined. What if from corruption America was to fall? While they stretch out to other countries to disarm nuclear capabilities, just how many nuclear missile silos, nuclear warheads on submarines, nuclear weapon production materials are spread throughout the world with 'Made in the USA' stamped on the side of them? What happens if America collapses? So you think it will never happen do you? Do you think the Romans would have believed that nutty Nero would snap and decide to set flames to his own city and try to force his soldiers to keep the people from escaping a burning death? Do you think when the Romans set foot on foreign lands to expand their control in the world they wondered if everything was alright back in the capitol?
In those days it would have taken much more time for the empire to fall than today. Say someone with a smaller yield nuke walks into a major American city and, for the sake of his delusions of what Allah wants, decides to kill millions and irradiate many more... how do you think a man like Bush would respond? How do you think America as a whole would respond? Eye for an eye perhaps? Nuke for a nuke.

Who cares. When it happens either thousands of years from now, or the day after tomorrow, it will happen so swiftly due to technology that no amount of discussion or preparation will prevent it.

However, I believe as Robin does... do not dwell on things you can't control.
Live and enjoy life as it is today.

Oh, back on the world getting worse though, just one other point:
I think that society becoming more 'evil' is really a part of nature.
Just like everything else living... it grows, it flowers, it dies.
Right now it's beginning to wilt and grow ugly. Soon it will die.
Then it starts again... God willing.
The only concern is that each regrowth becomes psychologically and sociologically weaker or more flawed, and deterioration occurs more rapidly with each new growth. This was prophesied in the bible. The ruler of Babylon saw in his dream a statue made of several different materials... strongest at top and weakest at its feet, and the dream was interpreted to mean that each generation following would become weaker... not by military might, industry, population, but by fundamentals because that is what a fundamental is, it's a base on which all else is formed. If the base of something fixed (like a developed nation) shifts too much, then everything above that base will begin to sway, and eventually topple. There was a day, not long ago, when public schools had prayers in the morning. When mentioning your belief in God around your friends wouldn't be met with uneasy silence or even ridicule. When most American families would sit down to a meal and thank God. When saying prayers at night before bed was normal. When there was no ridicule when these things were done on TV or in movies... they were normal and accepted practices. Today you'd get analyzed and criticized to death for showing those practices as a normal occurance in a TV show or movie without some comedic or dramatic effect attached; Like mocking prayers for comic effect. They would say your are spreading religious propaganda rather than just showing what is normal in your life (if you follow these religious practices). Times when almost all people would never, ever consider putting their elderly in a home far distant from themselves (many families years ago would bring an elderly widow or widower family member into their house). Where women ensured their children were eating and developing properly (I know of two inner-city women that allow their 6-10 year old children to get home from school alone, feed themselves, and remain home alone until later in the evening when the parent finally gets off work). Society is rotting from the inside out. I came across a UTube video today that had a small girl that had to be no older than six dancing like an adult to that 'My Humps' song by that skanky singer named Fergi. Society is pushing harder and harder to make kids more and more adult before their time. There's a line of cellphones just released that are made specifically for toddlers!

It is far to late to cure the world. And for the most part the world is wallowing in it's filth, enjoying it's moral deterioration. Look at most rap today. They are people that sing about money, killing, treating women like dogs, and drugs. They emphasize their material wealth and just how 'bad' they think they are... and the mobs love them. However, that is the mob mentality. There are many groups such as Habitat for Humanity, Peace Corps, Mustard Seed Foundation, just to name a few, that are trying to make a difference for the better.

Just a flashback example: Think how depressing it would have been so many years ago if you'd never really lived or enjoyed life, and then all the sudden World War II hits and your pulled from your home and sent to a war were most of the people you trained with will die, if not you yourself as well. The atrocities you would witness. So just enjoy what peace you have while it lasts.

Be aware of and work against the evils of this world, but do not dwell on them.

"When you look into the abyss the abyss also looks back into you." (Friedrich Nietzche)

He looked into the abyss and if you read about him you will realize that the abyss did look back.

AppocalypseNow said:
"When you look into the abyss the abyss also looks back into you." (Friedrich Nietzche)

He looked into the abyss and if you read about him you will realize what happens when the abyss looks back.

I just wanted to rephrase that final statement. You'll see the difference.

Hmm very interesting. Good points.

I find that Fear is not of God.

And the greatest fear for most humans is death.

Death, the Final Frontier.

Lol Star Trek had it wrong. Death really IS the final frontier. A strange new world from whence there is no return. I will pray and pray and work and work to do good in this world, so that when my number is up, I feel no fear but total happiness and acceptance of the World to Come.

AppocalypseNow said:
...Look at most rap today. They are people that sing about money, killing, treating women like dogs, and drugs. They emphasize their material wealth and just how 'bad' they think they are... and the mobs love them. However, that is the mob mentality. There are many groups such as Habitat for Humanity, Peace Corps, Mustard Seed Foundation, just to name a few, that are trying to make a difference for the better.

Just to clarify:

While the evidence can often be found in a number of popular music styles I chose rap mainly because it is the style that most obviously, and even proudly, takes it's stand to be 'bad' or evil. To live life for self-gratification to the point where you should kill another if they oppose your beliefs, or even just your image. How twisted is that?

lonelygirl said:
I will pray and pray and work and work to do good in this world, so that when my number is up, I feel no fear but total happiness and acceptance of the World to Come.

I think Your god is what is wrong with mankind. You have Yours, they have theirs etc. ; it makes the gap between us larger. It's just another way of classifying ourselves how much "better" we are than those who don't believe; another form of racism. People pray and pray for their god to keep them from pain, suffering and death, while the belief in "him" is what, in-directly, is giving them (of course not everyone, though) the suffering and death, not only due to the bigger gap between them and the rest of us, but also because of their belief that everything that happens is supposed to happen and part of some **** scheme that they can't control.

Imagine all the wars that we have fought due to different beliefs. It is when all believers realize that we are the one's who decide how our world should look like that we can start shaping it that way. Religion and racism share the #1 spot of the reasons for conflict. Having beliefs in a higher power and in commandments is different, though. I wouldn't mind if everyone were convinced they shouldn't kill or steal, during their upbringing. Religion is many thousands of years old and have brought a heck lot more bad stuff than good stuff.

You have to agree with me: If You and Your nation strongly believe "this", and i and my nation strongly believe "that", are we gonna hate each other or what? Everyone want to have a better life, there is no doubt in my mind about that. But religion is not the way to get there. It will never give You salvation. Never.

I have abandoned the belief about the human kind totally destroying itself due to conflict with each other. The conflicts are fought so that the people of respective nation at war can have a better life, whether it's accumulating something or getting rid of something they could live without. As long as there are people who really want nothing else than goodness in this world i believe religion and racism can be fought back. Perhaps not directly, but i will never give up my positive side for the people of this planet. More and more nations will modernize and get real when the people that realize they can have a much better life if they co-operate with other nations instead, start taking over the leading positions; regardless of their thoughts and values. Once the idiots understand that war with others, now when the planet is occupied everywhere, only is going to kick them back some day. It is a blind ideology, but i have no doubt in my mind that love, natures own, real god, will turn-around these people and prevail one day.

I mean no offense to You or Your beliefs and actions to try and improve this world, LG and Apocalypse. As long as it's for the good of all, i'm all in.

Hi Robin. I am not AppocalypseNow. I just wanted to comment on your post.
Robin said:
People pray and pray for their god to keep them from pain, suffering and death, while the belief in "him" is what, in-directly, is giving them (of course not everyone, though) the suffering and death, not only due to the bigger gap between them and the rest of us, but also because of their belief that everything that happens is supposed to happen and part of some **** scheme that they can't control.
Unbelievable. So belief in God causes people to suffer and die? I've got news for the atheists: you're going to die also.

On religion and war. First, wars are not inherently unjust. If my country invaded Sweden, you would certainly have the right to fight back. Second, if a war is said to be fought for religious reasons, it does not follow that religion itself is the cause. People start wars, not beliefs. I think in most wars involving religion, there are social and political factors involved. Third, a war fought partly or completely for religious motives can be just. Christian Europe had every right to defend itself against the Muslim onslaught it suffered throughout the medieval period.

Religion and racism share the #1 spot of the reasons for conflict.
While Islam is certainly a source of discord in the world, as it always has been, the idea that religion itself is the "#1" cause for conflict is simply false (I don't know why you bring up racism, I won't comment on that). To take my own country, what war was caused by religion? The Revolutionary War? War of 1812? The Civil War? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? The Gulf War? The current Iraq war? In fact, the bloodiest most brutal regimes of the 20th century were run by those who opposed religion: Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc.

I wouldn't mind if everyone were convinced they shouldn't kill or steal, during their upbringing.
How benevolent of you!

i will never give up my positive side for the people of this planet.
6.6 billion people thank you!

With all due respect, the rest of your post is just blather. We can talk about love and peace and togetherness all day, and it may give us a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, but at some point we have to face the realities of the world in which we live and stop preaching the childish idea that we can establish a utopia here in this world if only we get rid of religion.

Best wishes to you!:)

I have indeed been sensing a rising level of evil in the world for many years now. It's only at present I'm seeing that many people are realising what is happening. The global situation is very scary right now. As they say, before a disaster animals start acting strangely. We all have to be careful and be aware of what is happening around us. Extreme trouble is on the way. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Too many people are passing of wrong as right. This negativity and lack of principle seems to be dominating our daily lives whether we like it or not. It just can't continue. It's all going to explode one day. The sad part is that the good and principled people would be affected by it as well.

Guest said:
Unbelievable. So belief in God causes people to suffer and die? I've got news for the atheists: you're going to die also.

Strong beliefs causes conflict, conflict causes war - believing in god doesn't make You suffer or die prematurely, free religion has changed that, but if Your whole nation and leaders believe in him so much that they actually believe it is his will to start a war, fighting back another religion, i sure hope they're gonna suffer and die. What i mean is that religion itself indirectly is one of the causes of suffering and death and that believers are keeping this senseless and illogical ideology alive even today. Choosing side is dangerous, and in the case of religion, without actual meaning.

Guest said:
On religion and war. First, wars are not inherently unjust. If my country invaded Sweden, you would certainly have the right to fight back. Second, if a war is said to be fought for religious reasons, it does not follow that religion itself is the cause. People start wars, not beliefs. I think in most wars involving religion, there are social and political factors involved. Third, a war fought partly or completely for religious motives can be just. Christian Europe had every right to defend itself against the Muslim onslaught it suffered throughout the medieval period.

I don't think so. I believe that there have been alot more wars started by religious leaders due to their beliefs than You do. Sure, they might have an actual reason but i think they actually start them because they have an over-charismatic and senseless view of the world. "They are not like us, and we are the one's with the right cause, therefor it will be allright to attack this nation". I think that every leader with a belief in a god who start a war have a mad urge for power which they wouldn't have had if they would see things more logically; without their god there to back them up. I equal religion to madness; like an imaginary friend who tell them what to do.

It didn't mention defending against an aggressor in war; that's just plain logic and has nothing to do with religion, does it?

Guest said:
While Islam is certainly a source of discord in the world, as it always has been, the idea that religion itself is the "#1" cause for conflict is simply false (I don't know why you bring up racism, I won't comment on that). To take my own country, what war was caused by religion? The Revolutionary War? War of 1812? The Civil War? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? The Gulf War? The current Iraq war? In fact, the bloodiest most brutal regimes of the 20th century were run by those who opposed religion: Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc.

The different religions has changed the people of the world alot more than You seem to understand. I'm not trying to say that religion is a reason for war or conflict, today, but i has indirectly helped in leading to that during the thousands of years the modern human has existed and is therefor something i believe is a left-over of something very bad for the people of the modern society. Conflict can mean a lot more than nation-scale wars. Those who started war with an opposition to religion are the other part of the madness i mentioned; they also believe difference is bad and should be eradicated, whether it's by handing out folders or sending out a couple of hundred tanks.

Guest said:
How benevolent of you!

Yes i know! =)

Guest said:
6.6 billion people thank you!

Really? Even You?

Guest said:
With all due respect, the rest of your post is just blather. We can talk about love and peace and togetherness all day, and it may give us a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, but at some point we have to face the realities of the world in which we live and stop preaching the childish idea that we can establish a utopia here in this world if only we get rid of religion.

Best wishes to you!:)

Since You obviously misunderstand the words that i am typing i hope that You do the smart thing and contact me to find out what i actually mean next time. We can talk about how god will provide us with all we need and get all warm and fuzzy inside, but at some point we have to face the realities of the world in which we live and stop preaching the childish idea that we can establish a better world to live in without getting rid of religion first.

Your wishes are heartwarming! Unfortunately i do not share the same thoughts for You.

Robin:
I see that your reply is full of nebulous, unsubstantiated assertions like your other one was. I have neither the time nor the interest to carry on a fruitless, prolonged debate with you. It is pointless to try to convince me that religion is bad because some wars may involve religious motives. As I said, in some cases, a war fought partly or completely for religious motives can be just. Wars are more often fought for political or economic motives. That doesn't make politics or economics bad. The whole issue is really more complex than you make it out to be.

Just a few comments:
Robin said:
but if Your whole nation and leaders believe in him so much that they actually believe it is his will to start a war, fighting back another religion, i sure hope they're gonna suffer and die. What i mean is that religion itself indirectly is one of the causes of suffering and death and that believers are keeping this senseless and illogical ideology alive even today.
I certainly don't consider it senseless and illogical to defend one's country against an aggressor for religious motives, just as it is not senseless and illogical to defend one's country against an aggressor for reasons of patriotism. Religion cannot be faulted in the first instance any more than patriotism can in the second.

I believe that there have been alot more wars started by religious leaders due to their beliefs than You do.
You don't know how many religious leaders I think started wars "due to their beliefs" because I never said so.

Sure, they might have an actual reason but i think they actually start them because they have an over-charismatic and senseless view of the world. "They are not like us, and we are the one's with the right cause, therefor it will be allright to attack this nation".
If you are going to say what historical figures thought, you can spare me the mind reading and just cite historical evidence.

It didn't mention defending against an aggressor in war; that's just plain logic and has nothing to do with religion, does it?
It does have to do with religion, as in the example I mentioned of Europe defending itself against the Muslims.

I'm not trying to say that religion is a reason for war or conflict, today,
Ever heard of Islam?

Your wishes are heartwarming! Unfortunately i do not share the same thoughts for You.
This highlights the difference between a believer and an unbeliever.

Robin,

Humbly, I think that you are TOTALLY wrong. Many Europeans have been falsely taught that all wars are about God etc What about this sham war on Iraq? That has NOTHING to do with God or religion and EVERYTHING to do with money, greed, and power.

God is Good, his Mercy endureth forever, World without end.

Don't be so arrogant to deny the Creator. That is SO ridiculous--puny humans who have never created ANYTHING try to steal God's thunder and say that we are the reason this planet is spinning silently in space? Silly! Sophmoric!

Guys, you all have your reasons for what you say ... but it's not really worth arguing about ... at least not here. Don't ruin the refuge. :p Plenty of space to fight out in that dreaded real world. :/

Janus, I respectfully disagree. Truth IS worth fighting for. Good WILL triumph over Evil. It will take a while, and we will go through Tribulation (Soon, I think) but GOD is Good and will NEVER leave us nor forsake us, even until the end of the Age!

If you don't like discussions of religion, feel free to pass them by without comment. Religion IS like philosophy which IS the seeking of Truth.

Well, You're right about how it's fruitless; i'm not interested in anything You're writing. I didn't finish half Your reply since it doesn't get through to me at all. I don't care what You or anyone else think or "know" about how much religion is part of everything; i believe religion is the biggest obstacle in the way for a possible world peace. It destroys more than it creates and is completely useless. Your belief in a higher power is the most ridiculous thing i know with us humans. It's such a waste of time of our precious lives. I don't care what You believe in, i won't treat or think of You as any different, but if You proudly preach about it i'm as insulted as if someone would preach about how cool cigarettes are around youngsters as sensitive as the one's are around here. If You don't have a life and neither try to change it or accept help from anyone else You could as well fill it up with a fictive buddy in the sky as well as one down here; that obviously make people feel better than if they wouldn't, but since it's all bullocks i think it's wrong; You're lying to the people that God will help them. They have all the power in their bodies that they would ever need. They just need to know how to use it, and that's not by telling them something like You write, LG.

Robin wrote: They have all the power in their bodies than they would ever need.

LonelyGirl wrote: GOD is Good and will NEVER leave us nor forsake us, even until the end of the Age!

Both are comments which will reach those who need it, in different ways, with different beliefs, thus both are needed. Negative attacks toward others beliefs with thoughts toward conversion or mere debate(toward God or toward atheism) pulls away from the positive encouragement you guys have been good at.

Lol, some interesting developments in this thread... excellent!

In the topic of religion as the problem, rather than solution, I must agree 110%. That being said, yes I am Christian and have studied and debated theology to some degree on my own and with practicing Christians, Mormons, Wiccans (witches), Muslims and even Atheists.

The faction I fear the most would have to be Atheists in all honesty.

Atheists have the distinct and defining ability to deny their attachment to, or belief, in any religion, while accepting or validating certain aspects of any of those religions that they see fit. While a Christian saying he agrees with a number of Muslim doctrine would be thought of as perhaps either an objective, or perhaps a confused Christian, a Muslim, in some more extremist sects, can lose his life for agreeing with another religion... especially should he come to realize the inherent flaws in Islamic belief and chose to convert to another religion. (To clarify 'flaws' the Nation of Islam has revised again and again their Koran over the years, and orders the destruction of previous revisions to cover what controversial or contradictory statements may have been found within) To clarify the first line of this paragraph, Atheists can 'play' religious or be sympathetic to a religious persons belief while retaining their own belief that there is no God. The perfect example... Hitler. While the Nazi leader on a great many public occasions spoke of Christ (good percent of Caucasian Germany were Christians at that time) and how God was on their side. He sounds exactly the same in those speeches as George Bush does in his speeches today... it is very creepy (saying nothing for Bush's beliefs, I haven't studied that to a great degree yet. What history I have studied of Bush does disturb me though).
However, while Hitler was a public Christian, he is noted in private by his friends and advisers as having an immense distaste for Christianity and religion on a whole... the religion was proving to be a problem in the conversion and acceptance of his people of the Nazi regime. Censorship played a large part in preventing many of these mislead Christians from knowing the whole truth till after the war. Hitlers belief was Atheist at best... he was a firm believer in Darwinian Evolution. Aryans were the perfect species and everything else was just creatures at lesser levels of evolution, so little better than apes and monkeys. The fact that apes and monkeys would oppose the greater evolved race was appalling to him as well as other Nazi believers, and is still evident in Neo-Nazism today. So sad these people are.

Here is a statement toward evidence of Hitlers belief:

"A nazi bible featuring Adolf Hitler's version of the Ten Commandments has been discovered. Adolf Hitler got his theorists to alter the Commandments - and add two more - in a bid to further the Aryan ideal for the book "Germans With God". New ones included Honour your Fuhrer and your master, Avoid all hypocrisy, and Keep the blood pure and your honour holy. The book, printed in 1941 was meant to be essential reading in Nazi Germany alongside Hitler's Mein Kampf. Hitler hated the church's teachings, but he knew it's power in Nazi Germany and couldn't banish it overnight, so his plan was to gradual Nazifying."

by dailyrecord | 2006-August-09 | Documents, letters, diaries of World War II

The final words of the Bible state quite plainly not to add or remove anything from the book. A man that felt justified in tossing in a couple extra commandments to serve his own ends obviously has little to no understanding of Christianity, or its fundamentals. By his actions alone he proves that he had no belief in God, otherwise he would have never have created Nazism (Being Christian or Atheist, he may still started the war though considering political and social issues that lead up to the war). In short Germany was beaten up pretty bad with WWI. Some Germans were in the standing that they just forget about it, recover after loss, and keep on living. Hitler, among others, was not willing to 'turn the other cheek' as the Bible would have instructed. He sought revenge. He was actually a brilliant tactician. He wanted blood, he knew his people were angry, frustrated, and distraught, he wanted power. He gave the people a direction for their anger... the Jews. That was just the beginning, but it paved the way for him to have totalitarian control of the country.

Hitler had a strict Catholic upbringing. However, in my studies I must admit that according to the writings of his confidants (confidants that trusted him enough to commit suicide with him and/or cover their leaders death), the propaganda he had encouraged, and finally the growth and encouragement of Nazism, that Hitler was indeed an Atheist. Atheist in simple definition being the following of no god. A theist follows a god. He thought so greatly of himself that he was willing to alter the Word of God for his own devices... it failed miserably.

Robin said:
Strong beliefs causes conflict, conflict causes war - believing in god doesn't make You suffer or die prematurely, free religion has changed that, but if Your whole nation and leaders believe in him so much that they actually believe it is his will to start a war, fighting back another religion, i sure hope they're gonna suffer and die. What i mean is that religion itself indirectly is one of the causes of suffering and death and that believers are keeping this senseless and illogical ideology alive even today. Choosing side is dangerous, and in the case of religion, without actual meaning.

Personally the thought of man being the greatest power in all existence is very, very frightening. Without actual meaning?! What meaning in life is there to exist without a greater power to keep one in moral check? For example: In case studies of serial killers they often believed that yes, there is a greater power, however they kept with the Atheist foundation that the greatest power is yourself. Humanists are dangerous because a mentally unstable humanist has the power to decide where their own moral compass points without having an objective reference to guide them... ie Christianity with the Bible and Islam with the Koran. The Humanist following Atheist belief of "it's only real if it's a fact" would have only Darwinian teachings as a guide. So, someone mentally disturbed could justify that humans are just animals. I am an animal, I wish to kill. Killing is what the animal kingdom does. Therefore I am in my right to kill... of course the major flaw in such reasoning being that killing another human for whatever purpose is usually accepted in the psychosis of a serial killer by sexual stimuli such as past or present sexual abuse, societal pressure to strive in competition with your peers, or even from sexual over-indulgence. In the case of Jeffery Dahmer he stated in an interview that he was lead to hunting and murdering victims by his addiction to pornography.

The father of Dahmer:

"Lionel Dahmer published a book, A Father's Story, and donated a portion of the proceeds from his book to the victims and their families. Most of the families showed support for Lionel Dahmer and his wife, Shari. He has retired from his career as an analytical chemist and resides with his wife in Medina County, Ohio. He consults on the evolution versus creationism topic occasionally, and his wife was a member of the board of the Medina County Ohio Horseman's Council."

His father believed and still believes in evolution and natural selection.
So can't we all see that Jeffery was actually just the next leap in evolution. That he was a greater species than us and should have been allowed to remain free and keep up the good work! Evolutionists are very, very dangerous people!

Here is a list of the people that Jeffery justified killing:

Stephen Hicks 18 June, 1978
Steven Tuomi 26 September, 1987
Jamie Doxtator 14 October, 1987
Richard Guerrero 25 March, 1988
Anthony Sears 24 February, 1989
Eddie Smith 36 June, 1990
Ricky Beeks 27 July, 1990
Ernest Miller 22 September, 1990
David Thomas 23 September, 1990
Curtis Straughter 16 February, 1991
Errol Lindsey 19 April, 1991
Tony Hughes 31 May 24, 1991
Konerak Sinthasomphone 14 May 27, 1991
Matt Turner 20 June 30, 1991
Jeremiah Weinberger 23 July 5, 1991
Oliver Lacy 23 July 12, 1991
Joseph Bradeholt 25 July 19, 1991

These people were all able to witness firsthand the wonders of a world that pushes belief in yourself as the greatest power.

God doesn't like those that are luke-warm in their beliefs. I won't put quotations on that because it isn't a direct bible quote, but that is the gist of the statement in the Bible. There is a war, and this war has been going on since the dawn of society and religious factions. Isn't it interesting though how the ancient religions all had a similar basis on a one god, monotheism. And how the numerous Abrahamic religions developed around the same time while independantly in many cases from one another... this was the Axis or Axial Age. 800-200BCE. Prior to these beliefs the popular belief was of polytheist religions. Where people created deities from common things such as the moon, stars, sun, animals, etc.. Arabians were known for their popular pagan beliefs prior to Muhammad proclaiming himself a prophet. Muhammad even went so far as to include a great many pagan rituals into the religion he invented. This helped the pagan Arabian nations to more easily accept his religion. A number of these moon worshiping rituals are still evident today. On the top of every mosque is a moon that has been found in a number of instances in pagan temples, and appears exactly as it does on mosques today, also shown on flags.

"...Its astral foundation is indisputable. As in most contemporary Semitic cults, the southern Arabs worshipped stars and planets, chief among whom were the Sun, Moon and ‘Athtar, the Venus."

Islamic website concerning Arabic beliefs prior to Allah.

"...yet Garbini has produced cogent arguments to show that the attributes of 'lmkh are rather those of a warrior-deity like Greek Herakles or a vegetation god like Dionysus."

Taken from the same Islamic propaganda sight.

I find it very interesting in this article the amount of quotes and references to the Old Testament Bible that the Islamic intellectuals who wrote the article, in the hopes to dispute Robert Morey's article on this subject have used. I checked my bible and was not entirely surprised to see just how out of context the verses were. They tried to turn his theory and evidence around to make it look as though Christianity and Judaism were the moon good worshipers. It doesn't work because their quotes of the bible were taken concerning Hebrews in old testament that had fallen from Gods favor and began worshiping idols. Reading further on from their quoted verse you learned that those that took to idol worship were punished by God for this act. Nowhere does it state that God was worshiped as the moon as was the historical case with Islamic belief. We have the icon of the cross where our Savior died, not a moon as is the case with Muslim belief. Judaism has the Star of David to represent the root of their beliefs and hereditary ties.

Anyway the past and all origins aside... my next greatest feared religion after Atheism would have to be Muslim:

"Germany was one of the most fiercely religious nations in Europe at the time Hitler rose to power." -Wikipedia (on Christianity and Nazism)

Now we see the Nation of Islam is becoming the most fiercely religious nation in all of the world. It is my honest belief that Muslims will find their Hitler (if they haven't already), and next thing you know they will begin systematic genocide (something already taking place) of any opposition. Palestine is a good example... yes, yes the Jews do strike out on regular occasions in a military capacity against Palestinians. How would you respond if someone sent suicidal extremists into your country strapped with bombs to blow up innocents? We know how America reacted... they declared war! So is it so wrong for Israel to kill people that are willing to blow themselves up anyway? Not in the least, they're just making the process less damaging on their own population. If the Muslims want to commit suicide why can't they do it without killing other innocent people? Why is it that the Bible teaches to love, not hate, not war. While Islam teaches that Allah has chosen them to kill the Jews, and on the chosen day Allah will have them use the knives they carry around to kill all the Jews they can find.

"The killings of the two Jewish men by Muslims who slit there throats in a premeditated yet seemingly 'motiveless' crime .The murders of Ariel Sellouk of Houston and Sebastian Selam of Paris, were classified as criminal acts. What is striking about the case in Houston is that both the prosecutor and defense lawyer admit to having no clue as to the motive. Sebastian's Selam's murderer was labelled "crazy' and the murder was ascribed to the jealousy of the Muslim killer over Selam's sucess as a popular disc jockey. In both cases the men had been on friendly terms with their killers and were lured to their deaths, never believing that the person with whom they had socialised with would savagely turn on them with knives and slit their throats nearly decapitating them. The murders of Ariel Sellouk and Sebastian Selam bear all the hallmarks of Takfir Wal Hijrah. The question remains as to if authorities either did not ask the right questions, or did not want to deal with the fallout which would have resulted if the murders of Ariel Sellouk and Sebastian Selam were labelled terrorist attacks. The fact that 'ticking time bombs' are walking around in the form of young Arab males ready to 'go off' without warning is something which must be investigated if more ritual killings like that of Theo van Gogh , Ariel Sellouk and Sebastian Selam are to be prevented.

Ariel Sellouk, was a Jewish college student in Houston, who had met Mohamed Alayed in school. Saudi national Alayed began a religous transformation and broke off contact with Ariel Sellouk, until last year, when he called him to invite him for a drink. Afterwards Sellouk went with Alayed to his home . Without warning, Alayed seized him from behind and "nearly decapitated him" with a folding knife. His roommate was present at the time and witnessed the slaying. Alayed got a ride to a local mosque and was found days later hiding in an apartment.

Sebastian Selam and his killer had known each other since childhood and lived in the same building in Paris .The family was anti semitic and before the killing, a dead rooster had been put in front of the Selam family door (which is a Muslim symbol for impending death) and a mezuzah (a container with a parchment which Jewish families affix to their doorpost for spiritual protection) had been ripped off. One evening Selam's killer asked him to step into the parking garage, where an aquaintance of the killer was also present. Selam's killer slashed his throat twice, mutilated his face with a fork, and gouged out his both his eyes. Afterwards he mounted the stairs and showed his bloody hands to his mother saying :"I have killed my Jew"." -Seamus McGraw, Militant Islam Monitor

How many other religions, that have the following that Islam constantly brags about, desire their followers to hate a certain group of people and bring death to them?

Robin said:
...but at some point we have to face the realities of the world in which we live and stop preaching the childish idea that we can establish a better world to live in without getting rid of religion first.

Wow, well on this last quote I was rather taken aback... the kindhearted atheist becomes rather nasty. Sorry, I understand you're frustrated by Guests statements... it really did kind of surprise me to see you say those words though. Anyway, this will be my last topic of debate for today.

On getting rid of religion- it won't happen. Name one Atheist that could compare in compassion to Mother Teresa? Just one? Didn't think so.
The former U.N. Secretary-General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar, for example, said: "She is the United Nations. She is peace in the world."

You are given 'best wishes' and yet you state in closing that "unfortunately I do not share the same thoughts for You." When my Muslim friend and I get into some of the most heated philosophical debates even to the point where a little name calling may occur, we eventually work it out and leave with good intentions for one another. To deny to reciprocate words of care for another is not a very good example for what New World order you would endorse.

One final point on Atheism... most Communists believe that it's best to subdue religious factions for the sake of peace and equality... it doesn't work very well, and these visionaries of a peaceful world usually imprison or kill people that try to enter their country and share religion. Who is the greater evil: The religious or those that would suppress religion? Think of the millions you would have to kill for the sake of global Atheism. You should read the book Brave New World by author Robert Huxley if you haven't already.

Robin said:
Well, You're right about how it's fruitless; i'm not interested in anything You're writing. I didn't finish half Your reply since it doesn't get through to me at all. I don't care what You or anyone else think or "know" about how much religion is part of everything; i believe religion is the biggest obstacle in the way for a possible world peace. It destroys more than it creates and is completely useless. Your belief in a higher power is the most ridiculous thing i know with us humans. It's such a waste of time of our precious lives. I don't care what You believe in, i won't treat or think of You as any different, but if You proudly preach about it i'm as insulted as if someone would preach about how cool cigarettes are around youngsters as sensitive as the one's are around here. If You don't have a life and neither try to change it or accept help from anyone else You could as well fill it up with a fictive buddy in the sky as well as one down here; that obviously make people feel better than if they wouldn't, but since it's all bullocks i think it's wrong; You're lying to the people that God will help them. They have all the power in their bodies that they would ever need. They just need to know how to use it, and that's not by telling them something like You write, LG.

This is my first visit to this site.

I'm sitting here struggling with loneliness tonight to the point of physical pain. I was very glad to come across this site, but my happiness was short lived.

I'm a website administrator. I train moderators, and have also done a great deal of moderation in the past. I'm very sorry to see that this is a forum where moderators are allowed to insult and alienate the membership.

All due respect, Robin, but this is a SUPPORT forum. You are a member and entitled to your own opinions but you are also a moderator, and therefore you are held to a higher standard. It comes with the title, like it or not. Perhaps you should consider that your views about politics, religion and other topics reflect upon this entire community.

Sadly - for this newbie - it's not a positive first impression.

Latest posts

Back