DTR's Magical Traveling Mind Dump - Part XVI

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
November 21, 2010

Loneliness in the Land of Bliss

Absolutely nothing is wrong.
I'm not particularly happy. Not particularly sad. Neither depressed nor angry (though a little anxious I might admit).
The sky is gray and the pavement is cold. It's late fall. That totally makes sense.
The sound of silence rings throughout my home and becomes a high-pitched disturbance clogging my ears. Peace and serenity. Everything is calm. The nurse comes in a few minutes and I could do whatever I wanted (and what would that be?)
After finishing off a bag of popcorn and three dark chocolates, I can say that I won't say everything I wanted to say. The words are stuck in the back of my head.
And still, though--I don't know--I think I pretty much have it made. For these few moments I can honestly say, I am not unhappy.
And so, here I am, three chocolates in the hole and all this serenity is putting me out.

What do you think?

Thanksgiving, part Deux

So I know exactly what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving. I shall cook a meal for my household and mine alone. No beggars, no squatters, no stooping freeloaders--aka the extended family.
I have sent my mother out to buy a list of thanksgiving dinner items, causing her to think that she is expected to cook a thanksgiving dinner. What she does not know is that on Wednesday morning I will begin dressing up the dining room and working on a completely vegan early thanksgiving dinner just for her. On Thanksgiving Day, when she is off, I will then send my little brother to his friend's house and then head to the movies to give my mother and sister some alone time. I'll have everything set up so that they can have some lovely leftovers.
So what's on the menu of a vegan thanksgiving dinner, you ask?
Sweet potatoes with apple, roast potatoes, mandarin salad, corn on the cob, fresh-baked rolls, macaroni & cheez, Sauteed vegetables with roasted garlic and herbs, steamed seasoned kale, cornbread stuffing (of course), and to top it all off, a vegan cranberry-hazelnut stuffed field roast. Starch and carbs city :p
For dessert there shall be a choice of fruit salad and chocolate truffle brownies with a dollop of cool whip.
I can trust we'll be eating dessert the next day.

My final act of kindness on Thanksgiving will be to give away these genuine fur earmuffs that I bought, having mistaken them for polyester (I knew they were a little too soft...(d)).
Someone thew out the reciept (for what reason I have no idea... I had them together in a BAG for a reason) the little suckers are up for grabs for anyone who will use them and not waste them.

Only one question my well spoken, not UNhappy, chocolate dosed friend...

What the hell is a vegan field roast?

Rofl. Nothing you'd be interested in, but Punisher might :p
It's like grains, boiled, seasoned, and baked to resemble and taste like a roast.
It doesn't really taste like the meat it's trying to portray. But it's still tasty in its own respect. :D

Latest posts

Back