Hi hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbottron

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I stumbled across this forum while doing some research on loneliness and after reading some of the posts here I decided to join. I'd like to begin with a bit of an introduction.

I'm male, 29 years of age. Just moved back home after being away for 4 years. Since being home, I find myself suffering from loneliness(something I always felt I suffered from). I work quite a bit(normally about 55 hours a week)and spend much of my time by myself either playing video games, reading, or playing guitar.

I have some family here in town(a brother and sister)of which I spend my time with as well, but it still doesn't feel the same as having friends. Most of my friends have either moved away or started families of their own, and with me being a single guy, I find it hard to hang around married couples, and typically my married friends do not bother with me anyways.

Anyhoo, I'm at the point in my life now where I have a good job, eliminated most of my old bad habits(I used to drink and gamble quite a bit, but unfortunately I still smoke), and ready to eliminate my loneliness by finding a handle of friends and perhaps one nice girl. My problem is that most things I'm interested in I find it hard to relate with people, and living in a small town(population of 9000 people)it's hard to find diversity.

What I'm hoping to find on this forum is some advice for my loneliness on how to overcome it, find people that I can relate to so that I don't feel so alienated, and perhaps meet some nice folks.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the boards.

Latest posts

Back