Social Media!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Email is so 10 years ago.
Social Media is the new thing.
Connect with me - let's be friends.

Facebook - Incog Teen
@IncognitoTeen

Anyway, let's all become friends through the internet! Post your links here and we'll all add each other!
If you have a popular social media service that a lot of people here at ALL seem to use, do tell! I don't want to be all alone!

Thanks! :]

Well no one replied but I guess people here don't usually add others for the sake of adding. Most prefer to get to know you first. It's in my opinion that people here want a deeper connection. And I see you use an alias for your facebook. No offense but I am using my real name, face and all on facebook. What I mean is that this is the internet so one can't be too careful.

deeper connections? they are possible here? well, of course, i think you younger people have an easier time at connecting and finding friends anyway, there aren't many people my age here at all.... when you are young, and you aren't chained to the never ending joys of home ownership repairs, the realities of the 30 bills that appear monthly in your mailbox, you probably do have lots of social time. Life is generally easier all around when you are young, heck, I could jump out of bed and be out the door in 29.2 seconds flat when I was 20...now I am lucky if I can get my knees to bend and my brain to find first gear in 29 minutes.

That all being said, you youngsters are so into all the gadgets, the instant distant nature of your so-called connections.... who are all these people you meet on facebook? Are they really who they say they are or are they who they project themselves to be, more fabulous, more hot, more risky, more cool? How can you just believe in everything on the web? Has this cyber world become your reality that you have fallen into because of our lonely circumstances???? I hate that I am here, I do, I hate that I am forced to resort to this, talking to some kid who wouldn't give me 1 minute in real life, like could we relate? connect in real life? probably not, i do not know any popular music, earlier this year I bumped into Lady Gaga and she just made me gag, whatever, I'm an old fart now, I so know I have reached old fart status when the hottest thing on the music scene does NOTHING for you.... music was EVERYTHING to me when I was young..... (Though I do have to give myself a round of applause for loving poetry slams/hiphop poetry performance artists)

I guess what I am trying to say in my overly verbose and rambling way, this is the sad state we have come to: this electronic plastic silcone connection thing that has become the substitute for the real meat and potatoes and gravy of life...REAL PEOPLE, who touch, physically, and a voice that you HEAR, audibly with your tympanic membrane vibrating within your eustachian tube..... Sincerely. I mean this with all my heart, why are your fingers so wedded to plastic keyboards? Why is not your smile and your fabulous eyes which are the windows to your soul seeking and receiving REAL LIFE CONNECTIONS? There are dances, there are clubs, there are nine kajillion places young people congregate, jeesh, get out there and MEET real life people!!!!!!! It is heart breaking to me that young people are finding it so hard to break the chains of lonliness....I was NEVER alone when I was young, if anything now I can realize I SHOULD have been finding out much more abut my grandparent's lives, their dreams, their adventures, HOW I WISH I HAD TAPPED INTO THAT WEALTH!!! Instead of moaning how you are going to be dragged to yet another family reunion with your boring, stupid relatives I say if you really try to reach out and sit down and connect with especially a grandparent, you will find out so much that resonates to you and your life and why you are who you are....

oh lord, there I went, up on my soap box.... I ranted and raved and went right off the topic, well, the post menopausal brain is an ugly ugly thing, :)...... well anyway, please try to cut your plastic connection in half. PLEASE!!!!!!!! Try to connect with real people you an actually see with your eyes.

FACEBUTT IS THE DEVIL

What's wrong with something from 10 years ago?

Email is fine.

So is face-to-face communication... but that's from like 8,000 years ago, so I guess you wouldn't agree.

Latest posts

Back