New Guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Dear Delirious

Reaction score
Quite glad I found these forums. A little background. I'm a twenty-one year old male from Kansas City, missouri. I play the guitar, it is my passion and pretty much the only thing I really want to do with myself. I am attending community college right now, taking music courses among other gen eds. I am what I believe to be reasonably good looking and I go the gym almost everyday. I am painfully shy but don't have too much trouble making friends. Things are going good. I have struggled with depression in the past, although nothing severe. However, I got mixed up with the wrong kinds of things for a long time, and during those years I almost killed myself and badly hurt those who *really* love me. If there's one thing I've learned in my twenty-one years of life, it's that lots of people who say that they love you, and people that you may hope and wish and pray love you, will come and go time and time again quite uneventfully, the only real event being the devastation that you're often left with having watched them so carelessly delete you from their lives. But those who *really* love you are the ones who'll help you through the worst and actually stick with you long after anyone else would've bailed. These people are the ones to hold onto for dear life. and yet for some reason these are often the people we snub when things are going well, the people that we forget to thank for helping us through times when all the people who claimed to have loved us had turned their backs. I spent lots of time learning this.
I'm glad that I have found this forum. I'm a pretty average guy. I just broke up with my girlfriend (she dumped me, basically) with whom I had grown quite attached, but other than that I have been doing well. I have been clean from any drugs for almost 2 years, I take a very mild antidepressant which works quite well for me, and I can confidently say that this chapter of my life has been a positive one. I hope that this forum will be a place where I can come to talk to people who understand me, when I'm happy, sad, excited, bored, angry, etc. My name is Andy.[/align]

We hope this will be a positive place for you Andy. Oh and congrats on 2 years of sobriety. :)

Latest posts

Back