DTR's Magical Traveling Mind Dump - Part XVII

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
Thanksgiving - Part Trois

You can prepare for every feasible outcome, and still, you can never prepare for the unexpected.

The table is set. The dining room is filled with hearty autumn scents wafting from the dishes piled high with food cooked with passion and ready to be eaten surrounded by friends and family. In the center, a cinnamon candle burns with an inviting and warm glow.

Yet no one is there to eat.

The food will grow cold.

The flame will die.

The lights will turn off.

And everyone will return to sleep.

My efforts were wasted. Two minutes. Two godfucking minutes before we would sit down to something that is at least slightly functional. My mother is now at the hospital with my sister, whose G-Tube popped out as she sneezed because my father didn't have the common sense to hold it in place as her stomach muscles contracted. He wasn't even supposed to BE here.

I guess it was for the best. Even if we had sat down to eat, it would have been an awkward meal for two--my mother and I. My kid brother wasn't home. Probably off ******* his girlfriend, who I also graciously invited to our dinner.

Nevertheless, I will take pictures of the food as I promised.

I will take my dinner and eat it in the living room. I didn't spend all day cooking just to let it rot. Everyone else can eat when they get here.

Oh well. honeysuckle happens. Got to turn off the oven.

Holy poop, I wasn't aware we were up to SEVENTEEN ALREADY!!!

Nice stuff, DTR!! :D Keep postin'!

((((rabbit))) I've been off nursing my own wounds lately and coming back in and reading your posts reminds me how much I missed your words. Even the very sad ones... I'm so sorry this happened to you.

That's awful. I hope that everything turns out alright. That's a terrible thing to happen to you.

Latest posts

Back