shitty thanksgiving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
got un-invited from a party a so called friend was throwing, then got rejection letters from 3 companies, one of which was my dream job that i was counting on. Lost a friend and any chance at the job i want both in one night. yay.

*hugs*

I'm sorry :(

i know what it feels like to be uninveited and rejected from a job

Rejection of any type can be hard to take. Another reason I keep to myself is ppl and their ******* head games-no time for it. I'm sorry for your loss Future cat lady. Lets hope Monday turns things around for you.

that was yesterday. this is today. how much ya wanna bet there will be another good job opportunity somewhere down the road? how much ya wanna bet there will be at least one more party around the bend?

disappointment sucks, it hurts, it is upsetting and it rankles our very innards..... one week from now you will have more nasty problems to deal with...this is life. one big disappointment after another...feel any better now? probably not. i guess there is something to those buddhists saying All Life Is Suffering..... i guess the answer lies in learning how to not let the constant up and down, up and down throw us, make us want to throw things, make us want to throw up.... there are books, religions, therapists and drugs that all can ameliorate the detrious left behind from disappointment.... personally i find cheesecake to be most effective

Thanks for the input, everyone!

HappyYogi, I was uninvited because apparently there "wasn't room" in the apartment for me. Ugh, the fact that I actually took the invitation seriously seems so pathetic now. Just goes to show you that no matter how low I set my expectations, people will find a way to disappoint.

I am keeping my head up in terms of jobs. Even if I don't get my dream job, I should still be able to find something. It's just a matter of trying hard enough, and learning to settle for less (which is something I'm sadly very good at).

I never even got an invitation to go anywhere. I knew exactly where I'd be on Thanksgiving, sitting at home drinking like I do every night.

Crappy day, yes. But wow... you have a positive outlook!

You applied for your dream job? How many people only get as far as DREAMING about their dream job? You'll get it if you keep applying.

And you didn't lose a friend. A friend wouldn't have uninvited you. Heck, there are people who may not be the best of friends that wouldn't do that to other people. That's just low.

Latest posts

Back