Older Women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Iblis_Trigger

Reaction score
To be honest, in another post on here, I said that I was having trouble finding someone...

The truth is, that I prefer older women (at least 10 years older than me but no more than 42 years my senior) because, mainly, all of my bad experiences have been with females my own age (or within my Age bracket, so I decided that I was only going to go after older (and, by default, more mature) women.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
To be honest, in another post on here, I said that I was having trouble finding someone...

The truth is, that I prefer older women (at least 10 years older than me but no more than 42 years my senior) because, mainly, all of my bad experiences have been with females my own age (or within my Age bracket, so I decided that I was only going to go after older (and, by default, more mature) women.

Your 23 and would consider a woman up to 42 years your senior? No, no no!! Those women on social security are wild and demented! They have nothing to loose! Trust me, the road to hell is paved with Ensure! Not to mention one night after a delicious pureed no added salt dinner, you might find yourself wedged inbetween the door with a wanton red teddy holding a tube of denture cream not intended for it's original purpose. Trust me, that would NOT be the highlight of your evening. Grannies gone wild is not the way to go. Not even the brave tread there. **giggles**
Just playing with you :)) Seriously though, nothing wrong with liking older women. Look at Demi Moore and Aston Kutcher. I can see where the attraction is. I couldn't go that young but, I think I have only ever dated two men older than myself. The rest have been younger. The youngest was 10 years younger than me. Kind of pervy, don't ya think? Well,........ I like to think so. LOL

all my bad experiences with traveling happened in cars...so do I now take a bus everywhere?

all my bad experiences with my health happened in a hospital.... so do I now only want to be taken to a outpatient clinic populated with even more hack doctors with caribbean degrees?

all my bad experiences with dieting happened when I opened my refrigerator door....so do I now keep my milk, butter and eggs down in a hole in my backyard?

honestly, age has nothing to do with maturity, nor valuing another human being, nor one's ability to sustain a loving relationship.

You probably need to evaluate exactly why those relationships failed..... age had nothing to do with it, you know that, it was much more complicated, much more tied into reasons you may not want to admit to. Seriously look at why THOSE girls? What did they project that made you want to pursue them? Or better yet, why did all those relationships fall apart? What basic need of yours was not being met? And were you clear in your relationship what your needs were?

Was there actually a question? Or was this just a statement? I'm confused.

deirdre said:
all my bad experiences with traveling happened in cars...so do I now take a bus everywhere?

all my bad experiences with my health happened in a hospital.... so do I now only want to be taken to a outpatient clinic populated with even more hack doctors with caribbean degrees?

all my bad experiences with dieting happened when I opened my refrigerator door....so do I now keep my milk, butter and eggs down in a hole in my backyard?

honestly, age has nothing to do with maturity, nor valuing another human being, nor one's ability to sustain a loving relationship.

You probably need to evaluate exactly why those relationships failed..... age had nothing to do with it, you know that, it was much more complicated, much more tied into reasons you may not want to admit to. Seriously look at why THOSE girls? What did they project that made you want to pursue them? Or better yet, why did all those relationships fall apart? What basic need of yours was not being met? And were you clear in your relationship what your needs were?

No offense, young lady, but you must be one of those "youngsters". As I previously stated, I want a woman to have MATURITY and CLASS, none of which these females my age have. All they care about is (excuse my German) having a big dick, a cute face, and a ton of cash. Now I do not deny that there are older women exactly like that, it's just that the greater evil is within my age bracket (something I learned the hard way); therefore, I avoid it. Sure you can say that "all young girls aren't the same and there is one for you". However, if you expect me to believe that, then you have to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is-- you have to show me someone that isn't like that. And she must meet the following 4 criteria:

#1. She cannot be married.

#2. She cannot be in a relationship.

#3. She cannot be dating.

#4. She must be interested in me.

If she doesn't meet all four of those requirements, then it doesn't count.

don't knock it until you have tried it guys, you may be pleasenty surprised at what experience has to offer either way whether it be an older lady or an older man, and I'm not talking just about sex.

doesanybodycare said:
don't knock it until you have tried it guys, you may be pleasenty surprised at what experience has to offer either way whether it be an older lady or an older man, and I'm not talking just about sex.

*silenty agrees*

I just think there is an inherent flaw in any belief that says, "ALL cars break down, all younger women are about greed and using, all horses run fast..." you cannot put such grand sweeping generalizations out there because it stands to reason, there will be exceptions, every time, and in surprising ways.

I still stand by my observation that you should look within as to why YOU are prone to choosing women who can so shabbily treat you, just saying, you could be one of those typical men, you know the kind, I mean, don't ALL men go for the flash, glitz and sexy ones over the plainer janes who might not be such egotistical, vain and vapid vamps? Was that said tongue in cheek? LOL!!!! There you go buddy, I just made the blanket statement that in my experience, ALL men only look for one thing in a woman....now, does that sound reasonable?

deirdre said:
I just think there is an inherent flaw in any belief that says, "ALL cars break down, all younger women are about greed and using, all horses run fast..." you cannot put such grand sweeping generalizations out there because it stands to reason, there will be exceptions, every time, and in surprising ways.

I still stand by my observation that you should look within as to why YOU are prone to choosing women who can so shabbily treat you, just saying, you could be one of those typical men, you know the kind, I mean, don't ALL men go for the flash, glitz and sexy ones over the plainer janes who might not be such egotistical, vain and vapid vamps? Was that said tongue in cheek? LOL!!!! There you go buddy, I just made the blanket statement that in my experience, ALL men only look for one thing in a woman....now, does that sound reasonable?

No it does not. However, can you prove (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that all young girls (or enough of them) are not immature and about greed and using? Are you able to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is? If not, I am afraid that I must respectfully ask you to sit down and be quiet.

The reason I said that is this: I hear people tell me stuff like that all of the time and nothing happens that would back that up (not for lack of trying though), so I have developed this attitude of "Put Up or Shut Up" to protect myself from further disappointment and failure. I did not tell you to "sit down and be quiet" to be rude or a prick; I did it to protect myself from another future/potential disappointment.

doesanybodycare said:

Exactly! I am one of those young men that is not all about sex, so I totally agree with you!

no, no. :p Didnt mean you were. Just didnt want the thread to devolve. You're perfectly fine. :D

LOL...... ya know? I will just keep throwing them at you, I just will..... because now you are just proving that other great generalization about ALL men....ALL men have to have the last word, ALL men believe they know it all. LOL....you are too funny, really. We can dance like this ALL day but I won't because you know what? I really do truly believe that ALL young men are egotistical twits who think they have everything figured out. LOL.... now was THAT fair? Was that apropos? Was that said tongue in cheek? LOL LOL LOL I mean it, can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you aren't proving this to be absolutely true, I mean, how much more intolerant and egotistical can you be telling me to shut up and sit down???? Wow. because if not I have to ask you to to pardon me while I just remember you aren't worth any more of my time...now prove to me that you aren't as rude and intolerant and a know it all as I think you are!!! LOL LOL LOL.... you got on this ALL or NOTHING merry go round, you will stay on it until you beat me into submission, you will MAKE me prove what to you? LOL LOL LOL. Honestly. I say it again, typical male. typical. and was THAT said tongue in cheek?????? LOL!!!!!!!!! ByE-ie!!!!

deirdre said:
LOL...... ya know? I will just keep throwing them at you, I just will..... because now you are just proving that other great generalization about ALL men....ALL men have to have the last word, ALL men believe they know it all. LOL....you are too funny, really. We can dance like this ALL day but I won't because you know what? I really do truly believe that ALL young men are egotistical twits who think they have everything figured out. LOL.... now was THAT fair? Was that apropos? Was that said tongue in cheek? LOL LOL LOL I mean it, can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you aren't proving this to be absolutely true, I mean, how much more intolerant and egotistical can you be telling me to shut up and sit down???? Wow. because if not I have to ask you to to pardon me while I just remember you aren't worth any more of my time...now prove to me that you aren't as rude and intolerant and a know it all as I think you are!!! LOL LOL LOL.... you got on this ALL or NOTHING merry go round, you will stay on it until you beat me into submission, you will MAKE me prove what to you? LOL LOL LOL. Honestly. I say it again, typical male. typical. and was THAT said tongue in cheek?????? LOL!!!!!!!!! ByE-ie!!!!

Well, my intent was not to "beat you into submission" or anything like that; I just wanted to try to get a point across. Now there is stuff I could say in answer to everything you've just said, but will I? No. Granted, I got what I had coming to me when I told you to sit down and be quiet. Now, my intention is just to try to bury the hatchet. I said what I wanted to say, and I leave you with this:

I am sorry that I was such a prick towards you, even though that was not my intent.

deirdre said:

Seriously, settle down, ok?

There are younger women who are mature there are older women who are immature it really does just depend on the person's personality. The best thing to do is to not jump into a relationship with a person before you have any concept about them as to whether they are compatible with what you want in a partner.... i also couldnt be with a women who was immature because there is a good bet that she would get on my nerves. I think generally you can tell how mature a person is once you have been around them and talked to them a couple of times, sometimes you can even just tell from body language, perhaps the way they speak or their style etc, it depends.

Hi-
I'll be 39 in a few days and I am most certainly way different than I was 15 years ago. I wasn't into dick and bling and all that back then (I was married) but my self-confidence is way better now and I have the wisdom of life's experiences to guide me with men/relationships. I'm out there in the dating scene and have met a few serious guys and a few players and can definitely tell the difference in a New York minute. All I'm going to say is players get played. ;)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
I'll be 39 in a few days and I am most certainly way different than I was 15 years ago. I wasn't into dick and bling and all that back then (I was married) but my self-confidence is way better now and I have the wisdom of life's experiences to guide me with men/relationships. I'm out there in the dating scene and have met a few serious guys and a few players and can definitely tell the difference in a New York minute. All I'm going to say is players get played. ;)

Teresa

Wow you're going to be 39?? You'll be just right for me lol but yeah what do you think of me being interested only in women between the ages of 33 and 65?

Latest posts

Back