Two Tough Questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Desolate Soul

Reaction score
Don't scroll to the bottom to read the answers yet. this is actually very interesting.

Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis (just so there's no confusion, the other two kids were normal); would you recommend that she have an abortion? Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer of this one

Question 2: Say it is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates

Candidate A associates with crooked politicians, and consults with anthologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day

Candidate B was kicked out of office twice sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening

Candidate C is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt

Candidate B is Winston Churchill

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

And by the way, if you said yes to answer the abortion question, you just killed Beethoven. Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone. "Do not undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special." 

A Desolate Soul said:

I read this part several times . . and thought to myself . . 'that's only 6 kids'. :p
"who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded"

Yeah, i've heard the second one before :p.

I chose Hitler
omg.gif

I wouldn't tell her to get an abortion.

And I chose Churchill. Never go with the safe bet. lol

I knew the the answers to Question 2 as soon as I read the descriptions of the candidates... after all, I am a historian. :cool:

But the Beethoven one was news to me. I didn't know that.

I wouldn't necessarily care if he had been aborted, either, as I am no fan of his music. :p With classical music I generally tend to go Russian in my tastes.

1. The Beethoven Fallacy. It's just a myth. Beethoven was not the ninth child in his family, he was second. I know he had one brother, Karl, who was the third born, while Ludwig himself was the second. The Beethoven firstborn had died, as was all too common in the 18th century. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find anything saying Beethoven had 8 siblings.

The second question I liked. I chose Hitler, although it would have helped me make a better decision if you'd added "homicidal racist lunatic hellbent on world domination" on candidate C. With the little I did know, I thought C would be the one to go with.

I loved this post. It really demonstrates that we're so much more than our eating, drinking and sleeping habits. We're all just really complex collections of the good and the bad....

Latest posts

Back