10 minute conversations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomlight

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm looking for people to talk to. Why? Because it's good social exercise and it's interesting.

I prefer talking on the phone to text chatting. Why? Because text doesn't carry emotions, it's too stilted, there's not a feeling of presence. But if messaging is your preference, that's okay by me.

About me: I'm 31, male, bookish, intelligent, sometimes entertaining. I have many acquaintances but no close friends, not much of a family, no girlfriend. I'm not sure why. I'm fascinated by sociology in part to try to fix my social isolation.

You never know where one social contact could lead.

... You're looking for random 10 minute vocal conversations? Why don't you just get on Skype and do it that way?

You could, but you might be wasting your time. Never had a chat longer than 1 minute there. And even that was a miracle.
Huge majority is just like "hi! asl?" "hello!" and then because i don't answer in 4 seconds they leave. Great eh? :D

But yes, like nerdy said: skype! randomly pick someone here and go talk to them... I guess. :p

I've tried both Omegle and Chatroulette. I would enjoy these sites if I were a masturbating homosexual.

Hi atomlight, I've actually thought about this idea of yours awhile back but I never really got down to doing it.
I wouldn't mind having a chat with you though I would be more comfortable with text-chatting. =)

About me: I'm a 16 yr old high schooler who can't relate to other people my age. Reading, debating and drawing are some of my hobbies. I absolutely dislike pop music or most of the songs that are playing on the radio these days. In terms of genre, I mostly listen to grunge, rock, metal, alternative and classical music. I don't understand the appeal of drama, superficial relationships, twitter and pointless celebrity infatuation that seems to be the topic of conversation for most people. I'm also interested in how society works, human behaviour and the bigger picture of things. ^^

Feel free to message me or something if you're not abhorred by the idea of conversing with a 16 yr old!

I feel the same way about instant messaging. It's kind of void of emotions; but I guess most people feel more comfortable with text chatting for that very same reason, it's less stressful than actually talking to someone like, you know, face to face.

Maybe you should try skype

atomlight said:
I've tried both Omegle and Chatroulette. I would enjoy these sites if I were a masturbating homosexual.

Yesss!!! so funny

Hi, there. How's your day? I m interested with this 10-minute conversation. This is indeed way better than text messages. We can talk about movies, books, coffee, songs or candies.

atomlight said:
Hi there,
I'm looking for people to talk to. Why? Because it's good social exercise and it's interesting.

I prefer talking on the phone to text chatting. Why? Because text doesn't carry emotions, it's too stilted, there's not a feeling of presence. But if messaging is your preference, that's okay by me.

About me: I'm 31, male, bookish, intelligent, sometimes entertaining. I have many acquaintances but no close friends, not much of a family, no girlfriend. I'm not sure why. I'm fascinated by sociology in part to try to fix my social isolation.

You never know where one social contact could lead.

It's a generational thing for the text chatting. Apparently my generation is so socially handicapped we can talk to dozens of people online, but freak out for half an hour of socializing at a party.

I'm 21, female, sharp as a whip, sarcasm is my forte, I pride myself on my tastes in books (and I measure my collection in feet). Basically no family, no boyfriend, just a (crazy, sometimes devil spawn) black cat.

Latest posts

Back