Why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramsdekm

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Kevin. I am a 40 y/o male living in Iowa. I am married to a wonderful wife, have 2 awesome kids but there is something wrong with me. All my life I have felt alone, before I met my wife of 11 years, I had no friends. I did everything alone..eat, go to movies, sporting events, you name it, I was by myself. Even in high school, I was never invited to parties, never part of a crowd. I desperately wanted to belong. At home growing up, my mother beat me, emotionally and verbally abused me..basically treated me like crap. I was sexually abused as a small child by my babysitter. I showed all the signs of abuse, yet no body did anything to help me. It is hard for me to understand why nobody wanted to take me under their wing and help me. Because of my childhood, I am pretty much a 5 year old living in an adults body. My wife struggles to understand why I am different. I am currently starting therapy in hopes to get past my trauma and maybe have a semi normal life. I am in hopes of making some friends..something I desperately need. Thanks

welcome. I hope you can find something to help you here and I hope therapy works :)

ramsdekm said:
Hello, My name is Kevin. I am a 40 y/o male living in Iowa. I am married to a wonderful wife, have 2 awesome kids but there is something wrong with me. All my life I have felt alone, before I met my wife of 11 years, I had no friends. I did everything alone..eat, go to movies, sporting events, you name it, I was by myself. Even in high school, I was never invited to parties, never part of a crowd. I desperately wanted to belong. At home growing up, my mother beat me, emotionally and verbally abused me..basically treated me like crap. I was sexually abused as a small child by my babysitter. I showed all the signs of abuse, yet no body did anything to help me. It is hard for me to understand why nobody wanted to take me under their wing and help me. Because of my childhood, I am pretty much a 5 year old living in an adults body. My wife struggles to understand why I am different. I am currently starting therapy in hopes to get past my trauma and maybe have a semi normal life. I am in hopes of making some friends..something I desperately need. Thanks

Hi Kevin! I'm so happy that you've found this website and joined. I'm also new here and I already feel that I've found a fun and safe place to express myself, be accepted, and make some friends. Your life experiences have been very difficult but you're a smart guy who's in the process of becoming the very best you can be. That's so awesome! Please stick around, LG:)

Welcome Kevin, i hope you find what you are searching for.

Latest posts

Back