Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the past exist yet?
It's all well and good to wonder if anything really exists or not, but I assure you that suffering is very very real!

Hey, what's better then throwing away a mediocre half eaten sandwich into the street? Yep, throwing away two half eaten mediocre sandwiches! The impulse to throw stuff away is very manly indeed. Eternal Nostalgia is also very manly. There are some things precious enough to be shielded for all time.

What happens to the thrown away sandwich? It becomes trash, it decomposes into the earth, where it becomes slime and eventually evolves into man! I prefer to mold my own mind, and thereby transcend the infinite ways that mother nature manipulate and kill off her children. In math the + Plus creates, and the 0 is nothing without 1.

A day in heaven is a 1000 years on Earth. After 6000 years of recorded history it would seem that God is tired. Wouldn't it be funny if God walked into Jerusalem and made himself a great bed in the midst of it, and proclaimed to the World he was about to sleep. However, the world woke up him with their bombs, tanks, and nuclear explosions so God was forced to kill them all.
It does now....and now....and now. There is more history now then there has ever been....no now there is...no, it's now...and so on.
"If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room"
i dont agree with the OP article.

what I do tomorrow will not change anything that happened yesterday, but let me explain. what I do tomorrow can DEFINE what happened yesterday, but it does not CHANGE anything that happened. In the dead dog example, i can make the death of the dog mean something to me by my actions tomorrow. but the dog is still dead.

with schrodingers cat, WE dont deem it alive or dead. It is either alive or dead and has nothing to do with us. neptune circled the sun whether we saw it or not. The universe will continue to be whether we cared or not.

--

about the photons.. i dont understand those tests. because i dont understand photon twins.

--

in the end. the past is what has happened and it exist. we can act based on what has happened or continue on as if nothing happened. and our actions, or lack of, will be 'the past' as we do, or not do, them.
"Easier said than done." Yes, but what else are you going to do about it?

"You can't feel the warmth of the fire if you have four layers on trying to keep the cold out."
Since this thread is 3 years old, it obviously does!
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
The arbitrary idea of "observation" and "observer" that collapses the wave function is what makes quantum theory inherently flawed in my opinion. But don't take me as an authority, quantum wasn't my favorite subject.

You don't have to be a scientist to know that you can't just reverse the time-space continuum arbitrarily. The math may be right, but the concepts are perceived/explained wrongly.
If you want to argue whether or not the past is clearly defined, you could argue that the future isn't clearly defined.

If it would be possible to alter the past, to change our present, that would directly alter the future. However, if you change the past, you can directly change many different events spontaneously, which would alter the past, present, and future for many people.

This was argued in Back to The Future, but you can't and shouldn't change the past.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does ESP exist? LostintheBardo 6 2,731 03-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Last Post: JJW
  DREAMS!!! MEMORIES OF PAST LIVES???? YourAmigo2017 7 3,084 02-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Azariah
  A Utopia can never exist. Rahvin 10 5,114 04-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Why does terrorism exist? LeaningIntoTheMuse 60 12,255 04-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EveWasFramed