Is this just blindness and self obsession... or am I messed up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

done

Reaction score
Left behind in a modern world where my traditional feelings, principles and understandings aren't welcome. It has become increasingly difficult to share, have feeling for and belong in any form of relationship with another being.

As a 19 year old that requires only to be needed, cared for and wanted finds himself alone, time and time again. I help those that I have lost to deal with it, yet I cant deal with it myself. My strong belief fueled by relationship after relationship failure leads me to understand at this age it is near imposssible to find a companion.

It may not just be that i am the only existing person who wants a relationship that means something, that goes deeper than the superficial protocols we follow in life. The last too understand the bond between two people can mean everything if it is requested. But maybe there are people like this out there and they don't wish to share this with me.

Alas a wierdo to the core. Where at first it is seemed cute, but quickly becomes old, bitter and resented. I'd welcome death if it would be granted to me while saving a life, anyones life. I fear not death but life. To continue in this beautiful experience where I dont belong, I am a Destroyer, I belong in the plains of the dammed. Give me something beautiful I will succeed in killing it.

The only way I can redeem myself is if I can find a soul that needs me, that I can replace my life in order to give them back theirs. It can be beautiful, it can be magical. But like a dying Rose mine quickly looses its beauty.

Through fire I burn, through water I erode, though air I waste and through earth I'm crushed. Beaten down to a single point of failure. My depression will create a void so vast I can pull everyone around me down into the abyss.

My passion for life though it has always been strong is often outweighted by the passion to cease my existence. What do you tell a man who believes suicide is weak and pathetic, yet wants it so dearly. Is there honnor in submision to the inevitable truth. My life as it stands is not worth living. what accomplishment is a few friends, who I dont talk to, a loving family that I reject and a mind so weak I will create manefestos of pure depression.

No this is not life, this is death. A hollow vesle waiting for a true purpose. Give me your hand and I will not let go, give me your life and I will protect it with mine, give me your soul and I will always love it. Show me your demons and I will accept them. However I know if it is flipped its a matter of days/months before the relationship, happiness, want and need is gone.

A shameful childhood of loneliness and repressed feelings, I find it hard to keep thought now that I've opened. I had a box which got opened, Its impossible to close. I hate the life I had but I feel it was better then the honest, peaceful one I lead. A constant battle to survive. The days on end where I wouldn't talk to a soul. Thoughts that were my own never to be shown, the future and past that I did not care for, zero feeling towards anything. The death inside was more barable then the life inside I have now.

I will always smile if it means it makes another smile, though it feels like a pike to the heart again and again. Every life is worth fighting for, but no life is worth living.

Hello there! Welcome to "ALL". I don't think you're anything except lonely and that will change soon when everyone here gets to know you better. You sound like a good person. I'd like to know more about your "traditional feelings, principles and understandings". Best wishes, LG:)

You sound like an intelligent, creative dude. Since you are a 19-year-old pissed-off (I also assume sex-deprived) male, I know EXACTLY what will work for you. Luckily you got here while there's still time to change. Some people on board here are in their 30s.

PM me for details.

I was about to say the same thing as SocratesX, except for the sex deprived part. Done, your post was really intriguing, well written and deep for a 19 year old. You have a great future ahead of you once you get past what's bothering you.

Hi there new person! ^___^

Welcome to our evi lair.

*waves* The nuclear arnament (sp?) is that way. *points down a murky corridor*

On a more serious note, lots of people our age are interested in casual relationships, but it seems like when one hits their mid twenties - Early thirties, that people begin to settle down. That's what I've observed anyways.

SocratesX said:
You sound like an intelligent, creative dude. Since you are a 19-year-old pissed-off (I also assume sex-deprived) male, I know EXACTLY what will work for you. Luckily you got here while there's still time to change. Some people on board here are in their 30s.

PM me for details.

Christ Almighty, Socrates, you make me want to stick needles in my eyes when I read some of the crap you spew. /rant

EveWasFramed said:
SocratesX said:

PM me for details.

Christ Almighty, Socrates, you make me want to stick needles in my eyes when I read some of the crap you spew. /rant

Don't sweat it Eve, I'm sure at one point in your youth you thought you had all the answers as well. I know I did.

AncientBard said:
EveWasFramed said:
SocratesX said:

PM me for details.

Don't sweat it Eve, I'm sure at one point in your youth you thought you had all the answers as well. I know I did.

Are you suggesting I still dont know it all? :club:

lmao! :p

EveWasFramed said:
AncientBard said:
EveWasFramed said:
SocratesX said:

PM me for details.

Are you suggesting I still dont know it all? :club:

lmao! :p

Who Mwaaaah? Never!

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." -William Shakespeare

Hey thanks guys. Thats kind of you to welcome me.
hey LG well my traditional feelings/principles/understandings I don't know if thats the best way to describe them, but i rarely see this kind of behavoir from others my age, right from 13 years old -the present day.

I find that when i meet someone new, i like to shake hands or give a kiss on the cheek, If i'm walking on a road with a girl i'll always be on the outside, when i'm with the person i accept their past embrace it, if i go out anywhere with a girl I will always pay, I will always be the last to sit and I will always make sure she is comfortable, warm..ect. I believe that the man should support her in everything she does, and never say he is jealous or doesn't want her to do something. I should protect her but encourage her to try new things, make new friends do anything she wants. If i were to be in a serious relationship, one where i want a future, My money is ours, if she works then her money is hers to do with as she wishes. she knows ill always find a way to fix anything she needs. I like to meet the parents to ensure them I only have good intentions. I will never force or try to hurry anything. If she needs me any time of the day I will be there (regardless of exams/work/any issues i might be having). Just little things I would consider traditional as i've rarely seen friends act this way with their girlfriends, they are just a few things but i hope you get the picture.

This is the bit that gets me, In all previous relationships, after months even years in one case, when they are open with me, some have said they've fallen in love with me, all have ensured me they will never want to stray away (I never ask this, im never insecure about it but they feel compelled to tell me how amazing it is being together and how happy i make them). Being together is mutually amazing. Genuinely two people content. When its only going better and getting more serious. The feelings for me turn to dust (this is not like gradual steps, this is a whole straight up stomp) one day it is not happening anymore, you're still an amazing person but any feelings i've had for you i've cut away. They treat me like a complete stranger they've just met. I'm always honest, they always trust me and the vice versa, and they like/love me incredibily. So why can I be the 'perfect guy to be with' (after 4 relationships of hearing those exact words) even when we are breaking up, im not the guy to be with. After a couple of months a few have contacted me saying how sorry they were for the things they done and said during the break up.

I'm not even angry, happy, wanting to be back with any of them, the overwhelming feeling of rejection (though i make people smile, happy, content) is really heavy, its a constant try to create a more whole and better life, which burns everytime.

Even my posts on here seem so so pesimistic, but I never am. I genuinely am honest, possitive, if anyone comes to me crying they'll leave so happy. I don't throw my past on anyone as it truely makes people sad, the only thing I have that would make someone cry will never come to light, why can i always give a smile and end up with hurt, a heart that feels like its been pumped with led? I have gone through these years not letting anything break me down, looking at the positive side to everything, yet now i believe i am the spawn of satan, i deserve nothing no matter what i would give. I'm done with maning up. Done with trying. Done with trying to make sense of everything. I'm turning 20 so soon, I know i wont be doing anything on my birthday. i'll be alone in my university room and for the first tweenty years of my life, I've been the possitive guy, that will always try, who has actually experienced so much for his age, but has no single person he can say ''yea they get me, they'll be there and they make life easier.'' I've helped so many people realise why they should carry on, why there can be something good out of a problem, but i cant ever follow my own advice, its bollucks. I been living it and it only brought me a waiting bench for death.

I've given up guys, I'm not into the whole suicide idea, i just want to learn how to shut down, cope with it, without the ideas and thoughts of companionship running through my mind. Can anyone tell me what will numb the inside, I can't get back to the way i was as a child, dead inside. I just want to get there.

Did they say why they were breaking up with you? Is there a common theme running through the breakups besides "youre the perfect guy."

I just read the other posts... You guys are pretty kewl, you want to help. If you'll like quotes ''My Intellect is measured only from my interpretation of the knowledge shared by those around me. Through the life they lead I've learnt the meaning of contentment'' me, a couple of months ago. Or one i've stood by for a long time. Rem tene: verba sequentur.

I'm so soon to be tweenty. People tell me im intelligent yes, creative, I do try. Pissed off, no, I cant say I am. Or at least I feel no anger right now. Sex deprived, im not sure how long you have to go but it's been about two weeks.
I also have a sense of humour, go to the gym alot, love sports and computers. I'm interested in many sci-fi tv series, I'm quite obsessive on day to day tasks by nature, I sleep a healthy 8-10 hours when I do sleep. What can I say, I can give you a complete breakdown of my psyche but it's not going to change, to everyone I'm greatly happy to me I lost. - Im really sorry if that comes across as offensive, I knwo you're trying to help. I just dont see how a future will be better, the same thing is going to recur over and over again give me a few months I'll be with someone or I'll find a friendship that is meaningful, but it will rot, like a corpse in left out in the sun. I just want to recoil, the most peaceful time in my existence was when I felt nothing, for anyone or anything, I disreguarded life, I didnt feel for the future, present or past. I just walked through the day like a mindless robot.

First relationship, I understand her mother didn't like me, from my understanding it was because I was the first boyfriend who wasnt afraid of her. one day she came out with something bad, something her and her mother were talking about. we managed to sort it out, the next she came out with another bad thing, again we sorted it out I went from and evil person to someone so good to be with, this carried on for about three days. shes been with her first boyfriend after me, they're still together years after us, to this day.

The second relationship, I fell in love with this girl. for years we were happy, one day I was apparrently amazing but the feeling was gone. It took months to try and understand why? I can only understand that things went sour in just one night, new years, first time we went to bed without sorting out an arguement, (felt like I lost her that night) but we stayed together for a month or two after, till the days I go to see her at uni, she is really clingy, more clingy then ever before, 'I'm always there to make her smile'. soon after she decided she needed to be single, but wouldn't tell me she didnt want to be with me anymore or leave me. I believe she cheated on me a few times, and the night we broke up (we were out) she got with 5 guys infront of me, and the next time we went out (our friendship group is the same) she done it again, this happend many time with give or take 13 guys (yes i was counting, but drunk everytime) this behaviour was only when I went out aswell not if i wasnt there. she topped it off by getting with two of my best friends and sleeping with another best freind. I understand she is with someone now.

The most recent girlfriend, told me her ex called her and is still telling her he cant cope, she ruined his life. she said she needed to sort her feelings out, she still loves him (after a long time of not being or wanting to be with him) and being so really happy with me just two days we spent together just before, I've tried to just be friends with her, she hasn't told me how she feels about me. I don't understand whether she loves him as a person and is scared for him or if she is in love with him. With her I thought it was a new start, she knew that and liked it.

those three are the most meaningful relationships i've had. Others have been similar, said similar things but these were what I would consider my true relationships that meant something.

All these girls on phone conversations after we broken up/during the break up said, '...wow, you're so amazing. ' I've never felt that any of them had said something to me that sounded so* sincere, like they really meant it. in each case they were more into the relationship then I was but they knew they meant alot to me. So why cant I be that amazing person for them?

English is obviously not your first language.

EveWasFramed said:
SocratesX said:

PM me for details.

Madame Eve,

I know you are here to offer your support to the lonely women, but it is my God-given duty to give quick, straightforward advice to the sexually frustrated, lonely young men. Please stop trivializing my views and my posts, you wouldn't want me doing that to you. I KNOW the pain that the young, lonely men are feeling, and I know how to to deal with it. I am here to save young guys from pain that they will feel if they continue on their dark and dangerous path.

Latest posts

Back